Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Love interruption --->
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Re: Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

fondfarewell wrote:Haha. What do you think the 63-year-old is "going to do"? What is it that he "can't undo"? Why is he asking a 22-year-old to "do what I want to do"?

But yeah, it's probably like, "Eff you world, you don't know what's going on. This here is PLATONIC, man."

Also, experiment: try singing the "Inaccessible Mystery" lyrics to tune of "Martyr". It's crazy how well it works. To my ear, anyway. I wonder if they share a common origin.
I think the common origin is quite obvious- Jack wrote them. :D :arrow:

Sorry, I had to do it.
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

fondfarewell wrote:Haha. What do you think the 63-year-old is "going to do"? What is it that he "can't undo"? Why is he asking a 22-year-old to "do what I want to do"?

But yeah, it's probably like, "Eff you world, you don't know what's going on. This here is PLATONIC, man."

Also, experiment: try singing the "Inaccessible Mystery" lyrics to tune of "Martyr". It's crazy how well it works. To my ear, anyway. I wonder if they share a common origin.
i really think if a person opens their mind and says that maybe a 63 year old wants forgiveness for making a fucked up world for a 22 year old... or maybe they want the 22 year old to fix problems which were made long before the 22 year old could even understand ... ultimately it can be made into a request for acceptance and relegation
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Stl_ben wrote:Can we please clean up and merge these 2 freedom at 21 threads?
Alternatively, perhaps the two separate threads could be retitled to specify that they have a different focus: that the thread in the Records And Merch section is for discussing the merchandise - the record itself, including the B-side; while the thread in the Jack White General Discussion is for discussing the video and other aspects of the song that are not merchandise. (Since that thread got started before it was announced that Freedom At 21 would be a single; while this one got started when it got a TMR catalog number.) Some people might not think to look in the Merchandise section for general discussion of the music or lyrics or video.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

DeeBee wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Can we please clean up and merge these 2 freedom at 21 threads?
Alternatively, perhaps the two separate threads could be retitled to specify that they have a different focus: that the thread in the Records And Merch section is for discussing the merchandise - the record itself, including the B-side; while the thread in the Jack White General Discussion is for discussing the video and other aspects of the song that are not merchandise. (Since that thread got started before it was announced that Freedom At 21 would be a single; while this one got started when it got a TMR catalog number.) Some people might not think to look in the Merchandise section for general discussion of the music or lyrics or video.
Look at the title of the site and what type of forum this is..............ok now why would we need two long winded threads for this one single again?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
DeeBee
Little Cream Soda

Post by DeeBee »

Stl_ben wrote:
DeeBee wrote: They have a different focus: the thread in the Records And Merch section is for discussing the merchandise - the record itself, including the B-side; while the thread in the Jack White General Discussion is for discussing the video and other aspects of the song that are not merchandise.
Look at the title of the site and what type of forum this is..............ok now why would we need two long winded threads for this one single again?
This one is for discussing the merchandise, and the other one is for discussing the non-merchandise.

Last time I checked, the video does not count as "merchandise."
(The song itself was not merchandise, either - until it got released as a single.)
I'm not the only one who did not think of looking here at first, to find discussions of the video.
"A free society is one in which it's safe to be unpopular." - Adlai Stevenson
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

07/25/2012
Rolling Record Store Chooglin' to Chicago

People of Chicago!

The Rolling Record Store will be chooglin to your city Saturday, August 4th. We will be parked outside of (your favorite local record shop) Reckless Records with some Freedom at 21 TriColors on hand. Keep a close eye on our Twitter @ThirdManRRS for updates! See you soon!
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Um....which location because they shure as shit won't be parking outside of the Wicker Park location and I doubt they'll find a spot outside the Loop location either. That's gonna be a fun time for the RRS driver....
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

rsimms3 wrote:Um....which location because they shure as shit won't be parking outside of the Wicker Park location and I doubt they'll find a spot outside the Loop location either. That's gonna be a fun time for the RRS driver....
In St. Louis they planned ahead and the city blocked off the spot infront of the store for them....so I would imagine they probably do that at all their stops.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

That's during Lolla....gonna be chaos.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rsimms3 wrote:That's during Lolla....gonna be chaos.
Fuucckkk...forgot all about lolla that weekend. I was planning on going to Chicago on my way down to Cincinnati that weekend. A little out of the way but worth it :lol:
oojavaguru
Little Cream Soda

Post by oojavaguru »

rsimms3 wrote:Um....which location because they shure as shit won't be parking outside of the Wicker Park location and I doubt they'll find a spot outside the Loop location either. That's gonna be a fun time for the RRS driver....
According to the Reckless FB page, it is the Wicker Park location....they are still working on the parking permits, etc...so they haven't announced a time. I'll be in town for Lolla, so I will hit this up for sure. I just hope they don't drag it out all day, with Lolla going on, and I don't want to miss artists on Saturday such as Jeff the Brotherhood, Bear in Heaven, Neon Indian, Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Fun, Tallest Man on Earth, etc....because I am waiting in line for a tri-color...heh......
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

oojavaguru wrote:
According to the Reckless FB page, it is the Wicker Park location....they are still working on the parking permits, etc...so they haven't announced a time. I'll be in town for Lolla, so I will hit this up for sure. I just hope they don't drag it out all day, with Lolla going on, and I don't want to miss artists on Saturday such as Jeff the Brotherhood, Bear in Heaven, Neon Indian, Alabama Shakes, Franz Ferdinand, Bloc Party, Fun, Tallest Man on Earth, etc....because I am waiting in line for a tri-color...heh......
Ya, I am hoping they will be there before noon...I don't want this to be a 3 or 4pm event..what a waste of a day
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

wikipedia says the Freedom tri is limited to 150.. could this be true? I'm not sure who updates that but that would mean there are half as many freedom tri's as the other two singles... Thoughts?
houses are full of things that gather dust
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I'd say there are 300 just like the other two singles.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Melon wrote:wikipedia says the Freedom tri is limited to 150.. could this be true? I'm not sure who updates that but that would mean there are half as many freedom tri's as the other two singles... Thoughts?
50 in mail orders
50 in Indy RRS
150 in Chicago RRS
so we are at at least 250, but most likely the normal JW tri numbers of 300