Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Love interruption --->
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Re: Freedom At 21 - TMR152

Post by maxman142001 »

sjcapps07 wrote:This video looks like it will be badass.

On a separate but related note, have the tour editions of these popped up yet? Have been holding off buying the regular single in lieu of a tour version to complete my set.
nope. They might not show up til Omaha...all the other shows til then our non US or festivals.
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:I WANT THAT CAR.
Haha, funny you say that. It's the only thing I paid attention to during the video.
Well, I couldn't say what else in the video I want 'cause my post would probably be deleted and I might get a warning. But, yeah, that car is darned cool. I need to rent me one of those one weekend for some fun. It'd probably go waaaaay faster than the Camaro I rented for vacation last year in Mississippi and Nashville.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Now THAT is a video I bet I'll dig!!!
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Solo confirmed to be Jack by Daru on Twitter.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Nice, reminds me of Tarantino's death proof.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

flattop2001 wrote:Nice, reminds me of Tarantino's death proof.
good point... i was looking into Hype Williams for another group recently and realized how many of his videos i enjoyed but whats nice is that Jack has taken this guy out of his zone of comfort to a great degree and entered him into the art of the Spaghetti Western which is where Tarantino has lurked for years... cant wait to see the whole thing

before i saw this thread i posted some links to some reviews by media critics elsewhere... i also think there was an interesting quote/comment about how there may have never been an actual trailer for a music video before now but i dont know if thats actually true... anyone??

here's the link to another Freedom@21 thread in General Discussion about the song http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=45
Last edited by theeradicaleclectic on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
flattop2001 wrote:Nice, reminds me of Tarantino's death proof.
good point... i was looking into Hype Williams for recently and realized how many of his videos i enjoyed but whats nice is that Jack has taken this guy out of his zone of comfort to a great degree and entered him into the art of the Spaghetti Western which is where Tarantino has lurked for years... cant wait to see the whole thing

before i saw this thread i posted some links to some reviews by media critics elsewhere... i also think there was an interesting quote/comment about how there may have never been an actual trailer for a music video before now but i dont know if thats actually true... anyone??

here's the link to another Freedom@21 thread in General Discussion about the song http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=45

I planned on debating on your knowledge of film and knowing who hype williams is but I'm not going to. I eagerly await the paragraph you will be writing on this though.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jettkoral wrote:Solo confirmed to be Jack by Daru on Twitter.
Which solo are you referring to?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:Solo confirmed to be Jack by Daru on Twitter.
Which solo are you referring to?
Guitar Solo on Inaccessable Mustery.
Asked Daru on Twitter and he confirmed (He was on the song)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Aaaah, that's interesting. Someone else told me that they asked Johnny Walker and he said he did that solo.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ Aaaah, that's interesting. Someone else told me that they asked Johnny Walker and he said he did that solo.
Maybe they both did the solo.....
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Maybe that's why the song's called Inaccessible Mystery.
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

Why is "Inaccessible Mystery" basically just "A Martyr for my Love"?

Some serious jailbait/cradle-robbing content going on.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

does Daru definitely play on that track? maybe he wasnt actually there to see if it was Johnny or Jack

this doesnt have to be about cradle robbing at all... it sounds like it jerks the listener around to question its content

maybe the point here is that it wants to look at what it means to be judgmental before having all the facts
have to admit you know I get just a little bit jealous
When I see you doing what you want to do
I'm 63 years old you know and look at you
Your just a baby you're 22
And I know and I know and I know
I know and I know and I know
What I'm going to do

You wake up at three in the afternoon
You got no mom, no dad, and nothing else to do
Me, I'm waking up at 3:00 AM and I'm
Worrying about something that I know I can't undo
Well I know and I know and I know
I know and I know and I know
What I got to do

I have to admit you know I must sound a little bit callous
When I ask you to do what I want to do
A woman is more powerful than a man this I know
And I think that you know this too
Well you know, well you know, well you know
You know where I want to go
So tell me what to do
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
fondfarewell
Little Cream Soda

Post by fondfarewell »

Haha. What do you think the 63-year-old is "going to do"? What is it that he "can't undo"? Why is he asking a 22-year-old to "do what I want to do"?

But yeah, it's probably like, "Eff you world, you don't know what's going on. This here is PLATONIC, man."

Also, experiment: try singing the "Inaccessible Mystery" lyrics to tune of "Martyr". It's crazy how well it works. To my ear, anyway. I wonder if they share a common origin.