Blunderbuss "Lightning Bolt" Edition

Love interruption --->
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Re: Blunderbuss "Lightning Bolt" Edition

Post by thirdtesla »

woodisgood wrote:
thirdtesla wrote:I may head up to Chi-town(or is it Shy-town . . . )
Spelled Chi-town, pronounced "shy-town."

What are the chances they only pressed 150 Lightning Bolts? That'd be insane.
That's what I thought! It would be crazy if they only pressed 150! Would be cool cuz I have one. Would suck because the price would jump on eBay. Could it De-Throne the Triple Decker? Probably not, but it would be the rarest Jack White item(not counting posters and those 3"s). I dug how they did it. Nearly everyone had a shot to get one(in the US that is). Would be a gas because most flippers have already sold theirs for around $300. They are probably
Hyperventilating right now. Hope the douche that got three in Bham sold all of his already. There were some cool
People behind me that left disappointed(I was #10/10).
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

I would say there is more than 150 bc over 30 have sold on eBay already.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Can someone do the math on the known RRS/shows where they were sold? They sold approximately 20 per stop. I know they sold 20 in Detroit, 20 at Gulf Shores split over 2 days, 20 in NYC? A few at the Mayan show, right? A general figure that used to hold fairly true was that when a tri color was released, approximately 10% sold on eBay within the first week after they were released. I'd say at least 300 bolts given we don't know if they have sold out yet.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

rsimms3 wrote:Can someone do the math on the known RRS/shows where they were sold? They sold approximately 20 per stop. I know they sold 20 in Detroit, 20 at Gulf Shores split over 2 days, 20 in NYC? A few at the Mayan show, right? A general figure that used to hold fairly true was that when a tri color was released, approximately 10% sold on eBay within the first week after they were released. I'd say at least 300 bolts given we don't know if they have sold out yet.

I thought there were no Bolts sold at the two Roseland shows . . . ?
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

woodisgood wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Can someone do the math on the known RRS/shows where they were sold? They sold approximately 20 per stop. I know they sold 20 in Detroit, 20 at Gulf Shores split over 2 days, 20 in NYC? A few at the Mayan show, right? A general figure that used to hold fairly true was that when a tri color was released, approximately 10% sold on eBay within the first week after they were released. I'd say at least 300 bolts given we don't know if they have sold out yet.

I thought there were no Bolts sold at the two Roseland shows . . . ?
Not at the shows, from the RRS.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

woodisgood wrote:I thought there were no Bolts sold at the two Roseland shows . . . ?
Friend of mine bought Blunderbuss at the merch table at Roseland and got home to find it contained a Lightning Bolt. But they weren't being advertised as for sale there, so it could have been a mix-up on the part of the merch folks.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Total Sold/Released so far:
?? @ April 27 - Rolling Record Store / Roseland NYC Show
10(ish) @ April 30 - LA Show
20 @ May 12 - Secret Stages Festival, Birmingham Alabama (10 each day)
20 @ May 15 - Third Man Records - Jack White tour launch and summer sale
20 @ May 16 - Third Man Records - Jack White tour launch and summer sale
20 @May 18 - 20 - Hangout Fest, Gulf Shores Alabama
20 @ May 21 - End Of All Music, Oxford Mississippi
20 @ May 22 - Vintage Vinyl, St. Louis Missouri
20 @ May 24 - Scottish Rite Theatre, Detroit MI
1 @ Vault Party Raffle

Am I missing any dates or other releases that you know of? Also anyone know how many was at teh NYC RRS? 10? 20?
Last edited by Stl_ben on Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Didn't they sell a few out west at the Mayan show or something? I know there were some sold at an actual show, not through the RRS but this was before they put them all on the RRS and a daily total of 20.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

rsimms3 wrote:Didn't they sell a few out west at the Mayan show or something? I know there were some sold at an actual show, not through the RRS but this was before they put them all on the RRS and a daily total of 20.
Correct.

http://www.whiteswirl.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=15
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Moller72 wrote:I would say there is more than 150 bc over 30 have sold on eBay already.
Seems a lot of people got these just to sale. Also, people that never get tri's are getting the LBs, so more are selling.When I was got mine In bham, a guy had 4 friends with him and put all 5 up on eBay by the time I got home that nite! There
Was a cool guy and a huge fan behind me that was no 11. We begged the guy to let him score one. They guy refused and said his 5 were an investment. I just don't see them selling them this long. I think the fact they are now selling F@21 tris means they won't sale anymore LBs. there are plenty of places to sell tris. Just my opinion. Like I've said earlier, if they pressed 150,300, or 1500 wouldn't surprise me. Just have to wait till the number is 'Disclosed' on the TMR Catalog page. ah, the thrill of the hunt. Haha.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

yeah... that whole thing with patches and at least 2 other people really made for a bummer situation not to mention the fact that we really had no warning that the RRS was gonna show up a day early to the event and thus only 10 would be released that day
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

ok... here is the kicker... the bolts were sold in Chicago but not Indy and then they were also unleashed in Omaha tonight

RRS to the rescue!... i am glad people are getting them at least
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:ok... here is the kicker... the bolts were sold in Chicago but not Indy and then they were also unleashed in Omaha tonight

They only sell them on the day Jack performs, in case you hadn't noticed.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

rsimms3 wrote:
theeradicaleclectic wrote:ok... here is the kicker... the bolts were sold in Chicago but not Indy and then they were also unleashed in Omaha tonight

Nope they sold them in st Louis and there was no Jack show then.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Stl_ben wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:

Nope they sold them in st Louis and there was no Jack show then.
Always gotta be the odd ball, huh?