Jack White LFR

Love interruption --->
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Jack White LFR

Post by richardcosta »

anyone get one shipped through the mail yet and how did it survive the trip. any thoughts on buying and getting one mailed?
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White LFR

Post by bkramer10 »

richardcosta wrote:anyone get one shipped through the mail yet and how did it survive the trip. any thoughts on buying and getting one mailed?
Mine should be coming in today, I'll update when it arrives
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

possible but definitely risky,, i know some have gotten shipped / received without leakage,,

what i would be afraid of is if somebody having a leaked LFR, they might ship it to you saying its pristine condition and then claim it leaked in the process of shipping,,,

the only way i would buy a LFR online would be buying insurance that triggers if the record leaks making sure the seller packages it in such a way that he guarantees non leakage (maybe some plugs in the center hole and some extra glue in the plug),, but then again its virtually impossible to guarantee it wont leak ,, the problem with a leak it not a leak itself (because you can refill it), the problem is the leak damaging the label

hmm thinking this over, i would only buy a LFR in person, ie not trust it will be fine after shipping
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

achouza wrote:possible but definitely risky,, i know some have gotten shipped / received without leakage,,

what i would be afraid of is if somebody having a leaked LFR, they might ship it to you saying its pristine condition and then claim it leaked in the process of shipping,,,

the only way i would buy a LFR online would be buying insurance that triggers if the record leaks making sure the seller packages it in such a way that he guarantees non leakage (maybe some plugs in the center hole and some extra glue in the plug),, but then again its virtually impossible to guarantee it wont leak ,, the problem with a leak it not a leak itself (because you can refill it), the problem is the leak damaging the label

hmm thinking this over, i would only buy a LFR in person, ie not trust it will be fine after shipping
Good points, but insurance, ultimately, covers both the buyer's and the seller's interest. Insuring is the ONLY way to go with shipping one of these, if you ask me.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mojoryan wrote:
achouza wrote:possible but definitely risky,, i know some have gotten shipped / received without leakage,,

Good points, but insurance, ultimately, covers both the buyer's and the seller's interest. Insuring is the ONLY way to go with shipping one of these, if you ask me.
Insurance won't cover leaking. Insurance covers damage or loss due to mishandling or accident. If something is prone to breakage it is the senders responsibility to adequately pack the item. The postal service will NOT issue an insurance reimbursement without sufficient proof that they were at fault for the damage to the item. If the sender packs the record well and it still leaks, you're both still screwed.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Just got mine back, no leaks or cracks. I left it in the sleeve, wrapped it twice in bubble wrap, placed it in a mailer, got a bigger box and put crumbled paper in it and surrounded the mailer.

Unless the glue seal is weak, you shouldn't have a problem. But chances are sellers won't tell you that unless you find someone on here who is trustworthy.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

My record and I are famous...lol

http://www.facebook.com/FM96London?ref=ts
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Wow, that's so cool and psychedelic, I could watch you do that for hours and hours . . .
TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Post by TwinkleLights »

rsimms3 wrote: Insurance won't cover leaking. Insurance covers damage or loss due to mishandling or accident. If something is prone to breakage it is the senders responsibility to adequately pack the item. The postal service will NOT issue an insurance reimbursement without sufficient proof that they were at fault for the damage to the item. If the sender packs the record well and it still leaks, you're both still screwed.
I'd be very hesitant to buy one if I didn't see it in person but if you go to a fedex/kinkos, pay them to do the packing and insure it, then FedEx/Kinkos are liable if it breaks during shipping. At least that's what the FedEx guy who packed mine told me. I shipped mine home via ground. It got here this morning with no problems. But I may have just been lucky with that one.
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

I checked one in my luggage and flew to Australia. 20 hours in the hold and some vicious LAX baggage handlers didn't manage to damage it at all.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

coldsoup wrote:I checked one in my luggage and flew to Australia. 20 hours in the hold and some vicious LAX baggage handlers didn't manage to damage it at all.
Good to hear it made it safely! I now apologize for all the worry I caused RSD morning.
visage
Little Bird

Post by visage »

Live in the UK - just received my copy which was truly well packed

not one single indication to any form of leak anywhere - label 100% intact, no liquid anywhere but inside

Thanks to Jay Michael for his superb packing !

Mike
richardcosta
Little Cream Soda

Post by richardcosta »

bad luck for me - mine leaked in shipment. only a small amount but enough to make the labels part blue. anyone want to buy a slightly water damaged LFR LOL?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

richardcosta wrote:bad luck for me - mine leaked in shipment. only a small amount but enough to make the labels part blue. anyone want to buy a slightly water damaged LFR LOL?
trade you a go kart, a double down and 3 quid for it.
he is everything i hate...
blublood1013
Little Cream Soda

Post by blublood1013 »

visage wrote:Live in the UK - just received my copy which was truly well packed

not one single indication to any form of leak anywhere - label 100% intact, no liquid anywhere but inside

Thanks to Jay Michael for his superb packing !

Mike
Why thank you very much kind sir!!!
Doing what 2 people need is never on the menu