Jack White LFR

Love interruption --->
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Re: Jack White LFR

Post by thirdtesla »

rsimms3 wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
achouza wrote:possible but definitely risky,, i know some have gotten shipped / received without leakage,,

what i would be afraid of is if somebody having a leaked LFR, they might ship it to you saying its pristine condition and then claim it leaked in the process of shipping,,,

the only way i would buy a LFR online would be buying insurance that triggers if the record leaks making sure the seller packages it in such a way that he guarantees non leakage (maybe some plugs in the center hole and some extra glue in the plug),, but then again its virtually impossible to guarantee it wont leak ,, the problem with a leak it not a leak itself (because you can refill it), the problem is the leak damaging the label

hmm thinking this over, i would only buy a LFR in person, ie not trust it will be fine after shipping
Good points, but insurance, ultimately, covers both the buyer's and the seller's interest. Insuring is the ONLY way to go with shipping one of these, if you ask me.
Insurance won't cover leaking. Insurance covers damage or loss due to mishandling or accident. If something is prone to breakage it is the senders responsibility to adequately pack the item. The postal service will NOT issue an insurance reimbursement without sufficient proof that they were at fault for the damage to the item. If the sender packs the record well and it still leaks, you're both still screwed.
I'm sure the label on the cover would make it uninsurable. It says don't ship on the sticker. You would have to take it them and let them agree there is no leak before shipping to ensure it wasn't leaking before it was shipped. This further makes it less likely to insure. I know someone that packed it the best way it could( overkill to the 10th degree). Guess what, the recipient received a leaking record. I'm starting to believe this was a Parady of Third Man limited vinyl. Picked a method that has never been successful. I'm Pretty sure everyone's will leak eventually.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
UntilTheyFall
Little Bird

Post by UntilTheyFall »

So I herd u guys liek liquid fild rechords
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

I wonder how many of the original 400 are going to survive? It seems like every week someone is discovering that theirs is leaking....on top of the fact that a few people in line on record store day returned their already leaking record. Makes me think..... :|
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
vitamin3
Little Bird

Post by vitamin3 »

good they aren't filled with blood and leaking.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

LIQUID FILLED DISASTER!!!!

Scored a nice, non-leaking record on ebay last week. Paid for shipping with insurance. Arrived today. Ill let the pictures do the talking

vinyl, sleeve are done. seller is going to refund so I shipped the record back to him today :)

Now to wash my hands a few times and get all the blue dye off!!!!!!!!!!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Ouch
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Went through all my beauties in my LP cases tonight and pulled the LFR out.....It's even lower than i remember it last time. It's BARELY touching the label now. It used to be easily 1.5-2 inches higher. It's been stored in the basement in a dark closet for a long time now and its fairly cool down there...no signs of leaking either...may have to make my own coloured water and add it sooner or later...
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

maxman142001 wrote:I wonder how many of the original 400 are going to survive? It seems like every week someone is discovering that theirs is leaking....on top of the fact that a few people in line on record store day returned their already leaking record. Makes me think..... :|
We've seen these drop in value quite a bit since the release, however, with all the leaky records out on the market I think the prices on these things will rise again once people start to see just how many have leaked or dried up. Just imagine 10 years from now and a LFR still having all the blue liquid. Seems like itll be a hard task to find such a beauty. Much love swirl
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

csbanta wrote:
maxman142001 wrote:I wonder how many of the original 400 are going to survive? It seems like every week someone is discovering that theirs is leaking....on top of the fact that a few people in line on record store day returned their already leaking record. Makes me think..... :|
We've seen these drop in value quite a bit since the release, however, with all the leaky records out on the market I think the prices on these things will rise again once people start to see just how many have leaked or dried up. Just imagine 10 years from now and a LFR still having all the blue liquid. Seems like itll be a hard task to find such a beauty. Much love swirl
Nah, all I need is water and food colouring...adding the water back is no problem ;)
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

vitamin3 wrote:good they aren't filled with blood and leaking.
thats blue blood and thus now he has the blue blooded blues... you notice how thin blue blood really is though
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:
vitamin3 wrote:good they aren't filled with blood and leaking.
thats blue blood and thus now he has the blue blooded blues... you notice how thin blue blood really is though
:lol:
csbanta
Little Acorn

Post by csbanta »

if your liquid filled record leaks, do you have blue blood blues? :arrow:
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

lol, i forgot what a FULL record looked like :(

bkramer10
Little Ghost

Jack White LFR

Post by bkramer10 »

maxman142001 wrote:lol, i forgot what a FULL record looked like :(

This is what mine looks like now. No leaks at all. Going to refill it one of these days.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358181060.135078.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.