Freedom at 21 Flexi Disc

Love interruption --->
jordinski_23
Little Bird

Re: Freedom at 21 Flexi Disc

Post by jordinski_23 »

Looks like another one found in the same area. just appears to be the record only though.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

04/18/2012
Jack White Balloon Record Breaks Record to Become Highest Priced Flexi Disc of All Time

On April 17th, an eBay auction for a copy of Third Man’s balloon-launched “Freedom at 21” flexi-disc realized a price of $4238.88. As far as can be discerned, this is the highest price ever paid for a flexi-disc record, topping out usual benchmarks from obscure Japanese hardcore singles of the early 80’s and Beatles fan-club Christmas offerings. Of the 1000 balloons launched, only a handful have been discovered so far. This release will surely continue to rival such rarities as hand-painted Dead Weather singles, 3rpm LPs and Triple-Decker records as yet another in a long-line of collectible, investible, hard-to-find vinyl from the folks at Third Man Records.

Freedom at 21 flexi-disc

...posted by Third Man

Was Swank and Blackwell bidding each other up on this auction in order to break the record? haha kidding....pretty crazy though..
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

They know they don't need to artificially bid the price up because they've got us for that. I like the term investible. Jack and the Bens are like mad scientist stockbrokers.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

cwja wrote:They know they don't need to artificially bid the price up because they've got us for that. I like the term investible. Jack and the Bens are like mad scientist stockbrokers.
funny you say that. "Investible" is the word that stood out to me the most and I was thinking about that after I read this. I used to think of some of my records as investments, but when you think about it, they are quite horrible investments, long term. Who knows where the market will go and how long the craze will stick around.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Are you knocking my 401LP? It's a good point though. Way too volatile to think of any of this stuff as a long term investment. Most of the stuff that ends up being very valuable in the long run is the stuff no one was looking for when it came out.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

investible is also the word that stuck out at me.. at $4200 this is a terrible investment. I'd be surprised if one hit that high again.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

higherlimits wrote:investible is also the word that stuck out at me.. at $4200 this is a terrible investment. I'd be surprised if one hit that high again.
ahaha, sneaky bastards at TMR can't fool us..we know their games.. "investible" ..pfftt..
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

arewhyehen wrote:
higherlimits wrote:investible is also the word that stuck out at me.. at $4200 this is a terrible investment. I'd be surprised if one hit that high again.
ahaha, sneaky bastards at TMR can't fool us..we know their games.. "investible" ..pfftt..
I concur. Wouldn't spend half that on one.
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

interesting no other flexi has shown up on ebay,, did I miss any or has it just been the two, 4.5k and 1k bin?

i would think that after the 4.5k one ending the same seller would have put up more,,, take advantage while high prices and attention is fresh

maybe he just offered a bunch of second chance options at their losing bids
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

achouza wrote:interesting no other flexi has shown up on ebay,, did I miss any or has it just been the two, 4.5k and 1k bin?

i would think that after the 4.5k one ending the same seller would have put up more,,, take advantage while high prices and attention is fresh

maybe he just offered a bunch of second chance options at their losing bids
he still hasn't gotten feedback from the 4.5k one. The 1k one got feedback 4 days after the sale. If he doesn't have it by this time next week, I think its safe to assume the buyer bailed
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

Another one.

benjo09
Little Bird

Post by benjo09 »

Where was this one? Didn't think any would still be found
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Cute kid.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:Cute kid.
Edit: Rich Kid

(If he sells this thing..) What happened to all these things that were suppose to be sold by the one family?
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

arewhyehen wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Cute kid.
Edit: Rich Kid

(If he sells this thing..) What happened to all these things that were suppose to be sold by the one family?
Maybe enough people contacted the seller about buying the multiple copies?