Re: Jack White tricolors

Post by liverpool4life »

Nice one Woody! Hilarious.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

hawke000 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:There were only four homeless in line today, which is actually less than usual. They just stood out like a sore thumb, with the one guy being in a wheel chair with a huge bandaged white foot!

Today I saw about everybody, some that come to all releases, some just come to the big releases. There was a good turnout. That was why they sold out, not homeless flippers, maybe middle class white flippers?

I had fun with them before I left, and stirred the pot. I asked them if they had any for sale and they said no, I asked if someone had paid them and they staired at the ground. So I went on to say that I bet I could pay them more than they are getting now. I threw out $50 each and their jaws fell wide open and they got big eyed. I think Kirby pays the whole group $50 to get him four. So not only did Swank get after him but he probably got an ear full about wages from his helpers.

Then the homeless guys tell me they live just across the street at the mission, pull out cell phones, nicer than mine and wanted my number. So the homeless have cell phones, I guess everybody has one now. I would think all of this has Kirby scratching his head.

LOL
+1. Story of the day
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Alabama Woody wrote:There were only four homeless in line today, which is actually less than usual. They just stood out like a sore thumb, with the one guy being in a wheel chair with a huge bandaged white foot!

Today I saw about everybody, some that come to all releases, some just come to the big releases. There was a good turnout. That was why they sold out, not homeless flippers, maybe middle class white flippers?

I had fun with them before I left, and stirred the pot. I asked them if they had any for sale and they said no, I asked if someone had paid them and they staired at the ground. So I went on to say that I bet I could pay them more than they are getting now. I threw out $50 each and their jaws fell wide open and they got big eyed. I think Kirby pays the whole group $50 to get him four. So not only did Swank get after him but he probably got an ear full about wages from his helpers.

Then the homeless guys tell me they live just across the street at the mission, pull out cell phones, nicer than mine and wanted my number. So the homeless have cell phones, I guess everybody has one now. I would think all of this has Kirby scratching his head.
So'd ya give him your number? lol - cool story :lol:
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Lola wrote:Oh my, what a day. Left the house at 4 am, endured a three hour drive through fog, waited three hours first in line and then being told sorry no tri-color for you.
Well, I didn't lose all hope. I went back later to try again. I successfully found the randomly placed tri-color. And Waterloo graciously gave me a little something extra, too!

Hamptonio - thank you so much for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to meet you. You are a complete joy! And thanks for your prayer to the god of vinyl. It worked!
Look forward to seeing you next month at sxsw.....and trying Torchy's Taco's.

great news! you rolled with the punches and earned that piece of wax. see ya soon!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
alteridiom
Little Acorn

Post by alteridiom »

Was there waiting in the cold with my lady. So glad they open at 10 now. Makes the wait much easier especially when it is freezing cold and misting a little. We were about 50th in line. Easily over 100 by the time the doors opened. I didn't see as many homeless as I did for the VLR release but they were there. Not sure if they were able to score because they were actually pretty far back in line. Swank was talking about trimming down his vinyl collection. Said he downloads most everything these days any way. He said he has given plenty of his hard earned money to the industry so he doesn't feel bad. Thought that was hilarious/sad considering what he does for a living. Also overheard him say he would keep bugging Jack about letting his band cut a record for TMR. Line moved smoothly, seemed to go faster than it has for previous releases. They had some Alabama Shakes for sale as well so I grabbed one, haven't listened yet. They were giving away cupcakes in the store as well. While waiting in line a piano restoration company truck backed in. They went in and did something, came out with some paperwork and what looked like a signed check and left. Was hoping to see them unload a badass piano. Can't wait for the next release.
Looking for White Denim Black and Blue
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

alteridiom wrote:They were giving away cupcakes in the store as well.
Someone at TMR must really like cupcakes and must really like to bake...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

i think we aren't seeing as many homeless people in line because now they can afford better clothes from all the money they are making off the flippers paying them to stay in line every release.. :lol:
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

chrono_1980 wrote:

So'd ya give him your number? lol - cool story :lol:
I just made a number up!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

Can't we introduce 'like' buttons on swirl? :lol:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Woody, yer awesome. I would have paid money to see that scenario go down ;)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:Woody, yer awesome. I would have paid money to see that scenario go down ;)
It was hard to keep a straight face, but I was so tired and sleep deprived that I pulled it off. I just hope the mission guys don't pull together their thinking caps and figure out EBay on their smartphones. If so we are all screwed, they just live across the street! :mrgreen:
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

I live in Canada just got my JW and it was black not a tri color booo
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

my tri came sealed for some reason.
did anyone else get a sealed tri?
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Hamptonio wrote:my tri came sealed for some reason.
not me...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

Stl_ben wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:my tri came sealed for some reason.
not me...
gimme a hug.