Jack White tricolors

Love interruption --->
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White tricolors

Post by Alabama Woody »

Awesome, record breaking.................record. Can't wait to hear some more of it. Wonder when they will stream it? Or if they will. I need more.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mvickers03
Little Ghost

Post by mvickers03 »

My record came today and... It's not a bastarding tri! I think I just made up a word too! Damn crappy black vinyl.. Oh well, at least the songs are sweet.
I'm bored, I'm the chairman of the board.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

I can't stop listening to this single.

stunning.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

hawke000 wrote:I can't stop listening to this single.

stunning.
truth!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

I was able to score one in the mail!!! Only my third tri... I have 2 ICLAB, and 1 ea of LI and LSMAA... My ex got a Triple Decker AND a LI Tri in the Mail!!! I ordered us both a 12" DW and she was the lucky one(I was heading over to buy it from her for $100, but alas, when I got there, she had eBay up on her computer... Damn It!!!)... She ordered the LI herself and got a Tri(her second record from TMR)... I wonder if they know she is a gorgeous Red Head??? I am only mildly bitter about the Triple Decker...
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

thirdtesla wrote:I was able to score one in the mail!!! Only my third tri... I have 2 ICLAB, and 1 ea of LI and LSMAA... My ex got a Triple Decker AND a LI Tri in the Mail!!! I ordered us both a 12" DW and she was the lucky one(I was heading over to buy it from her for $100, but alas, when I got there, she had eBay up on her computer... Damn It!!!)... She ordered the LI herself and got a Tri(her second record from TMR)... I wonder if they know she is a gorgeous Red Head??? I am only mildly bitter about the Triple Decker...
Being a redhead makes up for her misgivings. But nice score with the tri's/special releases
hsp88
Little Ghost

Post by hsp88 »

hawke000 wrote:From Animal Rummy:
"I recently completed the artwork for "Love Interruption", the debut single from Jack White's upcoming LP Blunderbuss. In a bizarre turn, I'm actually credited as co-writer for the lyrics on the B-side, "Machine Gun Silhouette". This came about from a short exchange of emails concerning a taxidermy auction which Jack's alchemical mind transformed into a song.

People are recieving their copies of the single and reading the actual record of electronic missives included as an insert. I've been getting lots of folks asking about the availability of the shirt mentioned in the emails that inspired the song title.

The designer of the shirt is Dan Stiles (he also did one of my favorite posters for a 2008 Yeasayer show at The Gorge). You can pick it up at http://www.danstiles.com/t-shirts.html. If you buy one, tell Dan that Rob sent you and you'll get 0% discount. Any ornithologists who buy the single, please know that I recognize I should have said "crest" instead of "comb" in the emails on the insert, but I thought it important to leave it as originally hastily written, half-remembered avian nomenclature and all.

The most stressful thing about the single was my sudden requirement to register with BMI for publishing rights. I haven't had to name anything in a while really since Animal Rummy, which I still cringe at. I didn't think Jack would appreciate having "Rob Jones is the BALLZ Music (BMI)" on the back of his record, so I went through a list with my wife and Tiffany Steffens at Monotone as my sounding boards. After that groan session, I compiled another list and "Incitatus" was the least horrible while still appropriate choice in context to the situation.
just got my shirt from dan and he threw in a sick sticker, gotta figure out where to stick it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

hsp88 wrote:
just got my shirt from dan and he threw in a sick sticker, gotta figure out where to stick it
...you're making it too easy...
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mhcox
Little Cream Soda

Post by mhcox »

i don't feel like looking back through 25 pages of posts ... did anyone receive a tri-color random mail order when ordering from jwiii.com? or just tmr.com? thanks!
when roles are reversed, opinions are too.