Jack White tricolors

Love interruption --->
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White tricolors

Post by dmdv1 »

hawke000 wrote:That's balls. It's a tale as old as time regarding this stuff. I buy on ebay now instead of paying a million dollars later. I tried to take a stand seeing if maybe I could grab a triple decker at the 300 price when it came out but I refused. I payed 700 later. I'd like to hear people's opnions on how the system can change but I think we'd just be going around in circles.
Ive had a few lucky buys/deals/kind gifts but on the whole I agree
Never trust a hippy
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

dmdv1 wrote:
hawke000 wrote:That's balls. It's a tale as old as time regarding this stuff. I buy on ebay now instead of paying a million dollars later. I tried to take a stand seeing if maybe I could grab a triple decker at the 300 price when it came out but I refused. I payed 700 later. I'd like to hear people's opnions on how the system can change but I think we'd just be going around in circles.
Ive had a few lucky buys/deals/kind gifts but on the whole I agree
I have too, people here are amazing I owe more to you fine folks than you know but to keep up with your favorite releases and be a "collector," don't always mesh together.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Not sure who suggested it but as Swank said about the White Stripes splits. I would pay TMR 100 dollars a month to be able to get my hands on special items. That would get rid of a lot of issues in my opinion. Lots of revenue for TMR, the releases get into the hands of the serious collectors. It was amazing that I "bought" a conan tri for the same amount as I would buy it anyway. Hell give the rest to charity like they did before, I say the whole thing pretty much balances out there. I'm all for it.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

hawke000 wrote:Not sure who suggested it but as Swank said about the White Stripes splits. I would pay TMR 100 dollars a month to be able to get my hands on special items. That would get rid of a lot of issues in my opinion. Lots of revenue for TMR, the releases get into the hands of the serious collectors. It was amazing that I "bought" a conan tri for the same amount as I would buy it anyway. Hell give the rest to charity like they did before, I say the whole thing pretty much balances out there. I'm all for it.
You would expect every special release from TMR for $100? Some months that might be close to retail.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

flattop2001 wrote:
hawke000 wrote:Not sure who suggested it but as Swank said about the White Stripes splits. I would pay TMR 100 dollars a month to be able to get my hands on special items. That would get rid of a lot of issues in my opinion. Lots of revenue for TMR, the releases get into the hands of the serious collectors. It was amazing that I "bought" a conan tri for the same amount as I would buy it anyway. Hell give the rest to charity like they did before, I say the whole thing pretty much balances out there. I'm all for it.
You would expect every special release from TMR for $100? Some months that might be close to retail.
200 then I don't care, this wasn't a detailed document we thought up of a long time ago. Any ideas are welcome. Some months may be down months too. I think the Money up front will scare a lot of people away.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

It would be nice but TMR couldn't buy the press they get from these releases. If they Pre sold them 150 wouldn't go very far IMO. Besides we would all have nothing to complain about.
I suggested before that they should sell to vault members the day before general release for people who can make it to the storefront. Not great for everyone (including me) but at least if you planned a trip you would be sure of getting the release.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

That's not a bad idea. I think that Conan tri worked out perfectly. They still had left overs from the vault page.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

There's probably no right answer for this problem, though there is obviously work being done on the best answer. Because what qualifies as a collector worthy of the treatment mentioned above? Just about everyone on here has traded away/sold a collectable from TMR - sure, a lot of people who have done it are fans - but what can be done to prove one's level of approriate loyalty to TMR?
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

love_islander wrote:There's probably no right answer for this problem, though there is obviously work being done on the best answer. Because what qualifies as a collector worthy of the treatment mentioned above? Just about everyone on here has traded away/sold a collectable from TMR - sure, a lot of people who have done it are fans - but what can be done to prove one's level of approriate loyalty to TMR?
You can't measure that by any means, the key to the solution is the price. If it's a high price right off the bat it scares people away immediately. Almost giving fair and free market internationally. No offense to the locals. The artists will get a cut of this as well.
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

I don't think TMR sees it as a problem. If they did they would make the limited runs 500 each. But if they did the sales would likely drop off sharply across the board. It seems to be working great for them so I don't expect it to change.
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

flattop2001 wrote:I don't think TMR sees it as a problem. If they did they would make the limited runs 500 each. But if they did the sales would likely drop off sharply across the board. It seems to be working great for them so I don't expect it to change.
I don't expect it to change either. Just a thought or two to share.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

hawke000 wrote:
love_islander wrote:There's probably no right answer for this problem, though there is obviously work being done on the best answer. Because what qualifies as a collector worthy of the treatment mentioned above? Just about everyone on here has traded away/sold a collectable from TMR - sure, a lot of people who have done it are fans - but what can be done to prove one's level of approriate loyalty to TMR?
You can't measure that by any means, the key to the solution is the price. If it's a high price right off the bat it scares people away immediately. Almost giving fair and free market internationally. No offense to the locals. The artists will get a cut of this as well.
Does that really sound fair? What about people who want the release but can't afford $100-200?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

mojoryan wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
Does that really sound fair? What about people who want the release but can't afford $100-200?
Like I said no offense to the locals but that's who would be hit by it. Everyone else who can't afford ebay prices now won't be able to down the road either. Nothing would change in that regard.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

hawke000 wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
hawke000 wrote:
Like I said no offense to the locals but that's who would be hit by it. Everyone else who can't afford ebay prices now won't be able to down the road either. Nothing would change in that regard.
Ahh. Point taken.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

Or they could just check IDs at the door, most homeless either don't have one, or the address on it is the address of a shelter...

Flippers will always find a way around it, unless of course every special release was random mail order only... 100% random mail order sounds OK to me...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief