Jack White tricolors

Love interruption --->
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Jack White tricolors

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

best way i can think to do it, have all the records shrink wrapped and have them all random. even at TMR. maybe once in a while they would surprisingly make all of the TMR copies tri, but if flippers didn't expect it, they'd give up. that way it gives everyone equal chances too. the retail stores would have sealed copies, the mailorder would be sealed. everything would be random.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

rsimms3 wrote:Image
why is that man looking at that dead horse.
matlock665
Little Cream Soda

Post by matlock665 »

I always thought they should just put em' all in mailorders, bypass the store entirely. Much better than charging $100, that's total BS.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

hawke000 wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:Image
why is that man looking at that dead horse.
Because I was too lazy to find the GIF of him beating the shit out if it.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

Thing is, I big aspect of TMR's entire raison d'être, is to get people to come to the store front and kick up a fuss over vinyl. It's all part of the big show. I genuinely think they would change something if they felt it would benefit their business, but clearly they're doing just fine.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

7th_son wrote:Thing is, I big aspect of TMR's entire raison d'être, is to get people to come to the store front and kick up a fuss over vinyl. It's all part of the big show. I genuinely think they would change something if they felt it would benefit their business, but clearly they're doing just fine.
Exactly. It's a perfect model for TMR. And as was mentioned here earlier; they knew about the homeless hired issue, and just now chased after the bad guy as he pulled away. It's really a tough and awkward place for TMR to be in, and I can't really blame them for putting it off.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
ochfish707
Little Ghost

Post by ochfish707 »

dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Well late last night me and the wife decided to screw responsibility and take a last minute trip to Nashville for the tri release. Sadly due bad weather here and the last minute decision to leave we didn't get to leave till 5 this morning, and got there right at 10 am in time for the store to open. The line looked hopefully, but right around 11 we got into the shop and then 3 people in front of us got the last tri...
...sad day...
...There was a lot of clearly non-Jack fans there to make their $$. Swank even came out after the run out and talked for a bit (super nice guy!) and then ran out side and yelled some folks he thought were selling their tris on the street. I am pretty upset that I didn't have any luck this time, but TMR has provided me with several great records in the past and I will be happy to make another trip down any chance I can get.
Someone should try to convince swank to geton swirl we need a guy like that around

he is on swirl.
'i'm taking my ball and going home'
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

ochfish707 wrote:
dagingerrocker wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:Well late last night me and the wife decided to screw responsibility and take a last minute trip to Nashville for the tri release. Sadly due bad weather here and the last minute decision to leave we didn't get to leave till 5 this morning, and got there right at 10 am in time for the store to open. The line looked hopefully, but right around 11 we got into the shop and then 3 people in front of us got the last tri...
...sad day...
...There was a lot of clearly non-Jack fans there to make their $$. Swank even came out after the run out and talked for a bit (super nice guy!) and then ran out side and yelled some folks he thought were selling their tris on the street. I am pretty upset that I didn't have any luck this time, but TMR has provided me with several great records in the past and I will be happy to make another trip down any chance I can get.
Someone should try to convince swank to geton swirl we need a guy like that around

he is on swirl.
i believe his screen name is thehen0.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
Lola
Little Cream Soda

Post by Lola »

dmdv1 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:waterloo gave out only 2 this morning and the rest of them will be given out at random times.
i managed to snag one though. poor Lola and Courtney wanted one each, but they have a strict 1 per vehicle rule.
my copy is sealed. anyone else's like that?
they also gave us this little surprise on the house!

i love waterloo.
Oh they must be pretty annoyed right now
it was a tough situation. they're such sweethearts.
she is going to go back there though and hopefully get one at a random time. i'll pray to the god of vinyl for her.
Amen to that
Oh my, what a day. Left the house at 4 am, endured a three hour drive through fog, waited three hours first in line and then being told sorry no tri-color for you.
Well, I didn't lose all hope. I went back later to try again. I successfully found the randomly placed tri-color. And Waterloo graciously gave me a little something extra, too!

Hamptonio - thank you so much for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to meet you. You are a complete joy! And thanks for your prayer to the god of vinyl. It worked!
Look forward to seeing you next month at sxsw.....and trying Torchy's Taco's.

Last edited by Lola on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<ifeelstrange> JackWhite: i am looking forward to Tulsa!
<JackWhite> ifeelstrange: me too tulsa is a campfire in the desert of my brain
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

Hamptonio wrote: i believe his screen name is thehen0.
:lol: i don't usually get the giggles from board chat! haha
houses are full of things that gather dust
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

Melon wrote:
Hamptonio wrote: i believe his screen name is thehen0.
:lol: i don't usually get the giggles from board chat! haha
i'll admit, thats kind of cute
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

There were only four homeless in line today, which is actually less than usual. They just stood out like a sore thumb, with the one guy being in a wheel chair with a huge bandaged white foot!

Today I saw about everybody, some that come to all releases, some just come to the big releases. There was a good turnout. That was why they sold out, not homeless flippers, maybe middle class white flippers?

I had fun with them before I left, and stirred the pot. I asked them if they had any for sale and they said no, I asked if someone had paid them and they staired at the ground. So I went on to say that I bet I could pay them more than they are getting now. I threw out $50 each and their jaws fell wide open and they got big eyed. I think Kirby pays the whole group $50 to get him four. So not only did Swank get after him but he probably got an ear full about wages from his helpers.

Then the homeless guys tell me they live just across the street at the mission, pull out cell phones, nicer than mine and wanted my number. So the homeless have cell phones, I guess everybody has one now. I would think all of this has Kirby scratching his head.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dagingerrocker
Little Acorn

Post by dagingerrocker »

Alabama Woody wrote:There were only four homeless in line today, which is actually less than usual. They just stood out like a sore thumb, with the one guy being in a wheel chair with a huge bandaged white foot!

Today I saw about everybody, some that come to all releases, some just come to the big releases. There was a good turnout. That was why they sold out, not homeless flippers, maybe middle class white flippers?

I had fun with them before I left, and stirred the pot. I asked them if they had any for sale and they said no, I asked if someone had paid them and they staired at the ground. So I went on to say that I bet I could pay them more than they are getting now. I threw out $50 each and their jaws fell wide open and they got big eyed. I think Kirby pays the whole group $50 to get him four. So not only did Swank get after him but he probably got an ear full about wages from his helpers.

Then the homeless guys tell me they live just across the street at the mission, pull out cell phones, nicer than mine and wanted my number. So the homeless have cell phones, I guess everybody has one now. I would think all of this has Kirby scratching his head.
AWWWWW sweetest story in weeks
I understand that and you got a point there but this amp goes up to eleven...
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

Alabama Woody wrote:There were only four homeless in line today, which is actually less than usual. They just stood out like a sore thumb, with the one guy being in a wheel chair with a huge bandaged white foot!

LOL