Boarding House Reach

Love interruption --->
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Boarding House Reach

Post by rsimms3 »

runofthemill wrote:
rsimms3 wrote:What's the story with the cassette on eBay?
They were (are?) selling them at the storefronts.
Missed that part, thanks.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I listened it a third time. Seriously I start to like it so much, maybe more than Blunderbuss.
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

Horrible.
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Image
damn this is awesome, hope this goes on sale online
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

woodisgood wrote:Horrible.
My initial impression of the A side...this should be an instrumental record, and each track should be half as long. Seriously, the vocals and lyrics on this record are abysmal and every track devolves into musical masturbation. Don't get me wrong, there are some massive riffs and some badass funk, but Jack's no Zappa. I don't have high hopes for the B side. :(
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The only thoughts on the album I have to offer is the enormous smile on my face and the darting of my vision between my copy of Trout Mask Replica and my copy of McCartney II as this album spins.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

chaptertwentyone wrote:The only thoughts on the album I have to offer is the enormous smile on my face and the darting of my vision between my copy of Trout Mask Replica and my copy of McCartney II as this album spins.
haha You're right. Trout Mask Replica and McCartney II could have totally spawned this album.
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Jamie wrote:Had my first listen in the car yesterday. Nothing really jumped out at me to be honest, except maybe Over and Over and Over. The only other album he's released where I didn't hear anything I liked on first listen was Dodge and Burn, and I've not bothered to go back and listen to that one a second time. I'll give this one a second chance soon though most likely.
All of the songs sound infinitely better live. I listened again after hearing them and have a much bigger appreciation for the album now, I think it may grow on me. Still can't get into most of the second half though.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Jamie wrote:
Jamie wrote:Had my first listen in the car yesterday. Nothing really jumped out at me to be honest, except maybe Over and Over and Over. The only other album he's released where I didn't hear anything I liked on first listen was Dodge and Burn, and I've not bothered to go back and listen to that one a second time. I'll give this one a second chance soon though most likely.
All of the songs sound infinitely better live. I listened again after hearing them and have a much bigger appreciation for the album now, I think it may grow on me. Still can't get into most of the second half though.
Agreed that the songs sound way better live. But the record probably won't get played many more times. Here's to the eventual live recording from the vault
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I have to say, the more I listen to this thing, the more I like it. "Humoresque" is my favourite closing track since "Satan". I tend to enjoy it when musicians that I like go a bit nuts, so YMMV.
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

dunedin wrote:I have to say, the more I listen to this thing, the more I like it.
Just like me. I listen it three time and I like it. I always discover a new sound, a new thing in each song. I can't talk about live, but it must be good.
westnashguy
Little Cream Soda

Post by westnashguy »

shaneoftheroad wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:The only thoughts on the album I have to offer is the enormous smile on my face and the darting of my vision between my copy of Trout Mask Replica and my copy of McCartney II as this album spins.
haha You're right. Trout Mask Replica and McCartney II could have totally spawned this album.

After TMR vault announcement today, you all look like prophets. :o
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Any new impressions of the album after a few more listens? I'm getting a lot of them stuck in my head leading me to re-listen to the album only to re-start the cycle.
vandelpinkfloyd
Little Bird

Post by vandelpinkfloyd »

It's growing on me, slightly. Honestly still can't find any love for Connect by Love, Why Walk a Dog, Abulia and Arkasia, Ezmeralda Steals the Show and Humoresque. Keep listening but they're just so uninteresting :thumbdown:
Ice Station Zebra is hands down my fav on the album