Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 2LP

Love interruption --->
Jamie
Little Ghost

Re: Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998-2016 2LP

Post by Jamie »

I stopped reading the inside cover of the insert about a third of the way through because I had no idea what the hell the guy was talking about.
revwill
Little Bird

Post by revwill »

I'm listening to this right now. So far, this is a noisy pressing. Anybody else listen to this on vinyl yet?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Called TMR Cass at 4 when I was done work...they still had some and said I would be good to get one if I was there before closing....started driving down the highway and realized I didn't have my passport. Would have been too late if I turned around to get it and then go back....so I missed out :(

Damn..

Anyone go get one? Looks like they weren't limited really...
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I got one. Cass Corridor had a snafu-- They were late opening, then one of the shopgirls came out and told everyone in line that the FedEx truck carrying the records had broken down outside Detroit. So they let us in and we paid for our records and whatever else, then had to go back later to actually pick up the records. Worked out fine for me and the folks I was with because we had a tour of the Masonic scheduled that afternoon, so it was easy to swing back up to TMR afterward. But they did say they would take care of folks who weren't able to get back this weekend. But, when I got mine around 3 or 4pm, the girl at the counter told a guy who'd just walked in that they only had a few left. Presumably because they were holding them for folks who were coming back.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Kali Durga wrote:I got one. Cass Corridor had a snafu-- They were late opening, then one of the shopgirls came out and told everyone in line that the FedEx truck carrying the records had broken down outside Detroit. So they let us in and we paid for our records and whatever else, then had to go back later to actually pick up the records. Worked out fine for me and the folks I was with because we had a tour of the Masonic scheduled that afternoon, so it was easy to swing back up to TMR afterward. But they did say they would take care of folks who weren't able to get back this weekend. But, when I got mine around 3 or 4pm, the girl at the counter told a guy who'd just walked in that they only had a few left. Presumably because they were holding them for folks who were coming back.
Weird...when I called at 4 they said they had lots that would be available until close..

I am going to call now and see if they are selling a few today :)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

I didn't pre-order a copy and have yet to pick one up, but the more I see of it the more curious I am.
A lot of the overzealous new fans were bitching and moaning that it wasn't what they were expecting.
They expected a plethora of reworked variations of songs, but that wasn't ever advertised or promised.
Plenty of songwriters put out collections of previously released material and some come with even less unreleased or reworked material than this!
I'm looking forward to hearing the remastered versions, the alternate mixes and the previously unreleased material, as well as hearing some of my favorite songs shoulder to shoulder in a way I hadn't experienced prior.
Initially I wanted to scoff at this collection and scream "cash grab", but I'm starting to appreciate it more and more for what it's worth.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
hunkswithguns
Little Bird

Post by hunkswithguns »

chaptertwentyone wrote:I didn't pre-order a copy and have yet to pick one up, but the more I see of it the more curious I am.
A lot of the overzealous new fans were bitching and moaning that it wasn't what they were expecting.
They expected a plethora of reworked variations of songs, but that wasn't ever advertised or promised.
Plenty of songwriters put out collections of previously released material and some come with even less unreleased or reworked material than this!
I'm looking forward to hearing the remastered versions, the alternate mixes and the previously unreleased material, as well as hearing some of my favorite songs shoulder to shoulder in a way I hadn't experienced prior.
Initially I wanted to scoff at this collection and scream "cash grab", but I'm starting to appreciate it more and more for what it's worth.
As I understand it, the collection only features 10 "new" cuts, some of which [Top Yourself (Bluegrass Version), Just One Drink (Acoustic)] have been released before in some capacity. Supposed monetary motivations aside, it is nice to have some fresh, varied material, especially in this JW creative drought. Can't see myself justifying a purchase but the playlist is pleasant enough.

Apologies as I assume all of this has been said over and over already.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The cover art and gatefold look great, the snippets of the remixes I've heard were interesting and it's a nice little collection to throw on every now and again.
I'll likely pick one up later today.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

what was the price on the blue whispie?
he is everything i hate...
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

elduderino wrote:what was the price on the blue whispie?
Someone told me $40. Seems steep. Is that correct?
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

arewhyehen wrote:
It's correct. Plus since they have been selling a lot of their special 7"s for $30, was kind of expecting this to be even more!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
It's correct. Plus since they have been selling a lot of their special 7"s for $30, was kind of expecting this to be even more!
Tri's used to be $15 at one point, correct? When did they go up?

Also yeah, I guess $40 isn't that bad. I thought coloured LP's used to be $30 though. I have been out of the TMR game for too long I guess.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

arewhyehen wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Tri's used to be $15 at one point, correct? When did they go up?

Also yeah, I guess $40 isn't that bad. I thought coloured LP's used to be $30 though. I have been out of the TMR game for too long I guess.
tris started at 10, jumped to 15 after about a year and then a few months ago i snagged the yak tri at tmr for 20(?). haven't seen anything for 30 like ben says though.
he is everything i hate...
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Sunrays were $30 from both SXSW and RRS.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

This is up in the vault store. $40