'Sunshine of my Life' green vinyl

Love interruption --->
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

'Sunshine of my Life' green vinyl

Post by thirdtesla »

I was very pleased and surprised when I opened a package that came from TMR today containing 3 copies of SomL and found one was an 'It ain't easy being Green' limited edition version! I thought you guys would like to know that if you missed going to TMR on RSD, they are apparently also randomly giving them out in mail orders.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: 'Sunshine of my Life' green vinyl

Post by Kali Durga »

Actually, it doesn't seem to be random. There's speculation that URP didn't have the black version ready in time for the release date, so they sent greens to the first however many pre-orders, then started sending black ones.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

Kali Durga wrote:Actually, it doesn't seem to be random. There's speculation that URP didn't have the black version ready in time for the release date, so they sent greens to the first however many pre-orders, then started sending black ones.
Thanks. Damn! I thought my limited edition mail order drought was over. How do you guys know this stuff? Ha. Seems like they would spin it and say 'a lucky few will get a limited edition' and never let out URP messed up. Geez. URP quality control really bugs me. Double LPs with duplicate sides, poor sound quality, shallow grooves(my Margo regular LP has a spot that literally makes the needle come out of the groove and slide to the center! I even adjusted my downforce and anti skate. But TMR confirmed there were problems), etc. etc. I've gotten from them all in under a year makes me wonder if URP is ran by burnouts that sees the vinyl boom as a hindrance rather than a blessing. And I bet there wasn't a lot of training going on in regards to the craft, so new people are happy when their pellets end up in 7 and 12 inch circles. Ha.

I Can't wait for Jacks plant to fire up . Finally stoo all the articles and comments blaming Jack for delays in the pressing of other bands releases...Even though Jack was the main catalyst in the resurgence of vinyl and is fully committed to the medium... Unlike labels/artists that use vinyl as a novelty tacked on at the eleventh hour. Labels all of a sudden wanting a few thousand of all of their releases on vinyl couldn't lead to a back up, could it? Damn. Sorry for rant. Adderall and a day in the studio opens the stream of consciousness pipes and makes me exhibit my verbosity.
My Friends are all Dying and Death can't Be Lying... It's the Truth, and It Don't Make A Noise-'White Moon', THE White Stripes
thirdtesla
Little Cream Soda

Post by thirdtesla »

And so we should stop believing anything Third man says. Ha. Like the vault releases never being 'available anywhere else' and only enough 'to fulfill the number of members are pressed'. I'm also not fond of Limited Edition taking place of /150 or /300. Seems the Jack White Tris are /150. But I'm basing that on the only reason I have a WYFFML tri is because Third Man included one in addition to the albums they donated to a charity I worked with. Never heard when they went on sale. And black bar tri was bought at RRS. I miss the days when fans could drive to Nashville and get in line. Guess flippers or to blame. Or URP's equipment ultimately fails when dealing with 3 colors randomly after 100 copies. Ha.

What would we do if we couldn't bitch about something?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

thirdtesla wrote:What would we do if we couldn't bitch about something?
Easy. We could sit down and LISTEN TO THE FUCKING MUSIC.

:)
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Kali Durga wrote:
thirdtesla wrote:What would we do if we couldn't bitch about something?
Easy. We could sit down and LISTEN TO THE FUCKING MUSIC.

:)
Language !!! lol
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
jerrytimes

Post by jerrytimes »

I pre-ordered one copy of Sunshine of My Life, along with two other 7" records, and got a green one! Made me happy because I was unable to attend Record Store Day this year.