Next Single Black Bat Licorice???

Love interruption --->
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Next Single Black Bat Licorice???

Post by Kali Durga »

Jimmy the Exploder wrote:Image
This story just keeps getting more and more intriguing.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

Pre-ordered ! My favorite song of Lazaretto and the B-side is awesome !
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Is the kid holding a tongue? Whose that on the TV? Is any of this supposed to mean anything?
Patient B1003
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

grumblestiltskin wrote:Is the kid holding a tongue? Whose that on the TV? Is any of this supposed to mean anything?
I wanna cut out my tongue and let you hold onto it for me
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

grumblestiltskin wrote: Whose that on the TV?
Peter Falk (Columbo)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It's all stuff from the song lyrics, with a couple of Jack-related extras thrown in (like the baseball bat).
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

going strong with the non-original B sides.. kind of bummed. I loved Machine Gun Silhouette & Inaccessible Mystery
houses are full of things that gather dust
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

TBBL is probably my favorite track and 'Blue Light, Red Light' is a family favorite, a song that brings me really nice memories.

I bought Connick's record for my dad on his birthday on the year it was released together with the first volume of Bessie Smith's Complete recordings. I remember telling my dad that he'd have to start listening to the records right away because I intended to borrow them. We used to swap records back and forth all the time.

He had no idea he'd like Harry Connick Jr. and so it was a really nice discovery for him. And though I'm not really into Connick's later work, I've always truly loved that record. Pity it's now mine. I swear I liked it better when I had to borrow it from dad... Listening to Jack singing that song was an emotional ride, a good one, really, but I it brought tears to my eyes anyway.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ That's beautiful :)
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ That's beautiful :)
Thank you! It's just a lovely coincidence, isn't it?
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Freter wrote:If this is the next single, I will piss myself. Just a warning.
:D
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Best cover of all JW 7" covers to date (the picture, not the song on the B-Side).
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Kali Durga wrote:It's all stuff from the song lyrics, with a couple of Jack-related extras thrown in (like the baseball bat).
That Black Bat Licorice :lol:
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

luccamezz wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:It's all stuff from the song lyrics, with a couple of Jack-related extras thrown in (like the baseball bat).
That Black Bat Licorice :lol:
Y'know, that finally hit me at around 4pm. Total d'oh! moment. Too much excitement for my brain to make the connection before that, apparently.
Sizzle
Little Bird

Post by Sizzle »

Anyone have any insight on how the tri's of this will be distributed? By insight I mean a wild ass guess of course. This is my favorite JW solo track, and hoping to make it my first Tri.