Next Single Black Bat Licorice???

Love interruption --->
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Re: Next Single Black Bat Licorice???

Post by G-squared »

Mick III wrote:It must be cool, but it doesn't work on my computer ...
me neither. anyone else have a problem with IE playing the video? trying to figure out if it is my browser itself that makes it a no go or is there just some setting that I need to tweak. I know they said it works better with chrome yadda yadda, but they didn't say explicitly that it won't work with IE.
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

It worked fine on Firefox for me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

I have firefox too, but when the video start I have the song but a black screen. I press and hold 3 or b and nothing happen. :(
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

G-squared wrote:
Mick III wrote:It must be cool, but it doesn't work on my computer ...
me neither. anyone else have a problem with IE playing the video? trying to figure out if it is my browser itself that makes it a no go or is there just some setting that I need to tweak. I know they said it works better with chrome yadda yadda, but they didn't say explicitly that it won't work with IE.
It doesn't work on IE for me, I just see the moon going through phases on a constant loop. I used Safari to view.
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

The point of the 3 videos is so you can mash up your own video from all tree. Try hitting 3 or B at the beat of the music etc. You will be surprised how good the effect looks created that way.
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

Maybe it's just me, but at the end of the video (Jack's version) where he is laying flat by the window reminds me of the intro to Citizen Kane...

Also if you want to watch all three videos simultaneously here is a link to that.

http://media.smecde....at_mp4_1500.mp4 (link works better with Safari)
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Kali Durga wrote:
matthewvh wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Don't quite get the point of version "B".
Just some headbanging and rocking out to the song.
Exactly. They couldnt' have done something a bit more interesting for the third version? I mean, it's cool to see which TMR-associated folks I recognize, but otherwise... meh.
Try toggling back and forth quickly between all three versions--the way the headbanging version works becomes much clearer, especially with regard to the bats. :)

I freaking love this video, makes up for the snoozefest of the WYFFML video. I've already watched it for hours and it hasn't been the same video twice.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aquamarine wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
matthewvh wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Don't quite get the point of version "B".
Just some headbanging and rocking out to the song.
Exactly. They couldnt' have done something a bit more interesting for the third version? I mean, it's cool to see which TMR-associated folks I recognize, but otherwise... meh.
Try toggling back and forth quickly between all three versions--the way the headbanging version works becomes much clearer, especially with regard to the bats. :)

I freaking love this video, makes up for the snoozefest of the WYFFML video. I've already watched it for hours and it hasn't been the same video twice.
I do get the intention of it and understand the concept that it's a different video every time you watch it because of the interactive element and how you choose to push the buttons. That you create your own experience of it. Conceptually, I think it's fantastic. Practically, though, I'm just not inclined to sit in front of the computer and play with a music video for hours. But what do I know? I like the WYFFML video.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

Sorry, was just suggesting ways to make it more enjoyable to watch.
(Obviously I didn't mean I was doing nothing else during those hours.)
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Pretty damn cool and I'm not a music video type of person. Sometimes videos turn me off on a song. This one makes the song better
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
yolomanolo
Little Cream Soda

Post by yolomanolo »

has the winners for the autographed single been announced yet? on the website it said the contest ran until today.
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

I actually just headed to the TMR site to see if my order status for this had been updated and I found this in the news section:
Black Bat Licorice Manufacturing Delay
Posted by Third Man Records on 23 February 2015
As many of you know, last week was one of inclement weather here in our small Tennessee hamlet. Unfortunately, this has affected manufacturing time for Jack White's new single "That Black Bat Licorice," which was meant to be officially released today. As of right now, we don't have any in house to sell at our store front, so anyone coming into the shop today to purchase will receive complimentary shipping for us to send the 7" out to you as soon as we have product to send. This also means that pre-orders will not be fulfilled until we are stocked. We will let you know the moment we are flush with the good stuff, and in the meantime, we truly appreciate your patience. It shouldn't be long now, friends...
Looks like I have to wait a little bit longer. Soon I hope.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

yolomanolo wrote:has the winners for the autographed single been announced yet? on the website it said the contest ran until today.
https://twitter.com/thirdmanrecords/sta ... 4164583424
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JonnyH wrote:Looks like I have to wait a little bit longer. Soon I hope.
Looks like we all have to wait a little bit longer, actually. They tweeted that news, too.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just got my shipment notice for this...