I need a Jack White Blue Room Poster!!!

Love interruption --->
Vinyladdict
Little Bird

I need a Jack White Blue Room Poster!!!

Post by Vinyladdict »

I am hoping someone on here can help me acquire a poster from the Blue Room concert. It was my first time seeing Jack play and was really hoping I could get a poster, but they were sold out way before I would have been able to get one. They said that they started selling the posters while the concert was going on. I thought that the people with the Ultra Tickets should have had first dibs, but whatever I guess. I am kinda broke so if anyone wants to let one go cheap, let me know!! Thanks!!!!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: I need a Jack White Blue Room Poster!!!

Post by arewhyehen »

Vinyladdict wrote: They said that they started selling the posters while the concert was going on. I thought that the people with the Ultra Tickets should have had first dibs, but whatever I guess.
Yupp. I think all of us in that show who missed out on the posters all thought the same thing. There wasn't even enough posters for everyone in the show (100 total posters) so I am not sure why they would start selling before any of us got out..

Good luck finding one.
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

arewhyehen wrote:
Vinyladdict wrote: They said that they started selling the posters while the concert was going on. I thought that the people with the Ultra Tickets should have had first dibs, but whatever I guess.
Yupp. I think all of us in that show who missed out on the posters all thought the same thing. There wasn't even enough posters for everyone in the show (100 total posters) so I am not sure why they would start selling before any of us got out..

Good luck finding one.

I missed out too. Sucks hard. Great show though! :)
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Yeah, it really was a great show. He played a lot more than we all figured. I think it was about 50 minutes which is just about enough for a live 12" for the vault or something later on.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Maybe and perhaps just maybe, and I don't mean this the way it's going to sound but perhaps since y'all did camp out when they asked people not to, perhaps they let y'all in and then sold posters on purpose .... Y'all got front row, the ones that showed up at 7 or later got a poster. Just saying. They had it set up so people not in the show got record boxes and crates, they have their own way of doing things. The only thing I have learned is you should try to follow their directions and what they promise is what you get. Nothing extra usually. I don't mean this to piss anyone off but it would not surprise me in the least if that's what happened. Or perhaps they were just running late ......
I only bought one when I could have bought 3 hoping everyone would get one, so don't be mad at me !!!!!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
suttree
Little Cream Soda

Post by suttree »

Haha, interesting theory Woody. Could be. I still think it's all your fault ;)
<JackWhite> suttree: who doesn't love lillie mae?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Maybe and perhaps just maybe, and I don't mean this the way it's going to sound but perhaps since y'all did camp out when they asked people not to, perhaps they let y'all in and then sold posters on purpose .... Y'all got front row, the ones that showed up at 7 or later got a poster. Just saying. They had it set up so people not in the show got record boxes and crates, they have their own way of doing things. The only thing I have learned is you should try to follow their directions and what they promise is what you get. Nothing extra usually. I don't mean this to piss anyone off but it would not surprise me in the least if that's what happened. Or perhaps they were just running late ......
I only bought one when I could have bought 3 hoping everyone would get one, so don't be mad at me !!!!!!
Swank came over to us late the night before, after rehearsal and we thought we were going to be kicked out but he was super nice and just went over instructions and didn't seem angry at all with us.

You have an interesting theory, but I think a more plausible one is they were so damn unorganized with many things that day that they all had different thoughts/instructions and what one person told me was different than what another person told you lol

Trust me, I had someone tell me i wasn't allowed to pick up my ticket at will call the day before..and then an hour later they were all looking for me to give it to me. then the actual day i couldn't find anyone who knew anything about will call and just that "it was coming" and i didn't get my ticket until 30 mins before doors opened.....it was a mad scramble for a lot of things. It's to be expected on a crazy day like that. Does it suck? Yeah it really does. My girlfriend didn't get a poster and would love one but cant afford market prices and I had to buy second hand (thank you) but if that's the worst that happened all day, we should be thankful. It was a great day!!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Ok, I'm one to entertain theories, and Woody, you know I love ya, buddy...but it was never said that they didn't want people to camp. My theory? All you bastards who got golden tickets GOT the prize, and those of us who didn't make it in were given a different "reward." :lol:
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

mojoryan wrote:Ok, I'm one to entertain theories, and Woody, you know I love ya, buddy...but it was never said that they didn't want people to camp. My theory? All you bastards who got golden tickets GOT the prize, and those of us who didn't make it in were given a different "reward." :lol:
I agree. A piece of paper is not a show! But it is a nice piece of paper and I hope you find it.
Hyperbole used for effect!
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Don't get me wrong, damn. I hope you get it too and if I had bought spares I would send you one at cost, You know that because I sent you a bad ass Jack White poster last tour for free, like you did not know it was even coming free, if I remember right.

I just think sometimes they do stuff like that. Ryan I guess your tickets were not mailed but I got a letter with mine and it said not to show up until 7am. It was pretty specific and it laid out all the ground rules for the days events.

I love how they timed it where we got to see the show but people outside got a whole different show with Jack doing the big production delivering and receiving the record for world fastest and there was really no way of us buying the record boxes unless we jumped line ... So they figure out how to make it a good experience for everyone. Even if you did not have the golden ticket.

I was about 10 feet behind you at the show, so I don't know how far back in line I was from you but I wasn't going to buy a poster either, I did not want to hold it and I asked the nice young lady and she said they did not have many and I best get one if I wanted one so that was that. I bought one the colored buttons from her as well and got the other version of the button from the RRS when I was buying a sticker.

They still want to have collectibles I think its neat they only did 100 posters. You never know they might have un numbered copies in the Vault store later on. Would not surprise me at all.

Don't ya'll start hating on Woody now. I was just there. I got my record, sticker, and poster. Mission accomplished. It was so funny you know we all met up as friends and ate then several went to spend the night, I knew about it but they did not really share that info. It's every man or woman for themselves. I knew Kali would be up front. I for one enjoyed my $120 hotel, slept like a baby. It was worth it to be 10 feet back. I got tickets in New Orleans on the 2nd row so I will get that experience in the near future !!!!
Love the dedication. I would have been camping too not so many years ago, but not anymore. Too old, been there done that. I like the compradore of it all for sure , best part !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Don't get me wrong, damn. I hope you get it too and if I had bought spares I would send you one at cost, You know that because I sent you a bad ass Jack White poster last tour for free, like you did not know it was even coming free, if I remember right.

I just think sometimes they do stuff like that. Ryan I guess your tickets were not mailed but I got a letter with mine and it said not to show up until 7am. It was pretty specific and it laid out all the ground rules for the days events.

I love how they timed it where we got to see the show but people outside got a whole different show with Jack doing the big production delivering and receiving the record for world fastest and there was really no way of us buying the record boxes unless we jumped line ... So they figure out how to make it a good experience for everyone. Even if you did not have the golden ticket.

I was about 10 feet behind you at the show, so I don't know how far back in line I was from you but I wasn't going to buy a poster either, I did not want to hold it and I asked the nice young lady and she said they did not have many and I best get one if I wanted one so that was that. I bought one the colored buttons from her as well and got the other version of the button from the RRS when I was buying a sticker.

They still want to have collectibles I think its neat they only did 100 posters. You never know they might have un numbered copies in the Vault store later on. Would not surprise me at all.

Don't ya'll start hating on Woody now. I was just there. I got my record, sticker, and poster. Mission accomplished. It was so funny you know we all met up as friends and ate then several went to spend the night, I knew about it but they did not really share that info. It's every man or woman for themselves. I knew Kali would be up front. I for one enjoyed my $120 hotel, slept like a baby. It was worth it to be 10 feet back. I got tickets in New Orleans on the 2nd row so I will get that experience in the near future !!!!
Love the dedication. I would have been camping too not so many years ago, but not anymore. Too old, been there done that. I like the compradore of it all for sure , best part !
It was a great time for all, buddy-you're absolutely right. Can't wait to see how they try to top it next year! ;)
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Don't get me wrong, damn. I hope you get it too and if I had bought spares I would send you one at cost, You know that because I sent you a bad ass Jack White poster last tour for free, like you did not know it was even coming free, if I remember right.

Hell no, I spend hours and hours in line for almost every show I go to, to be up front. It's all part of the experience for me right now and getting things like guitar picks or drum sticks and setlists are a bonus. I honestly think everyone is just over thinking this whole thing though. When I asked about the posters it was a single girl at the table and she didn't know what she was doing and then when I saw the posters and other merch being sold later, it was a different girl, so I think it was just miscommunication between everyone. I don't think they were trying to screw anyone over. They definitely weren't mad about us staying over. There were less than 50 of us who were there all night (most came later on) and when Swank came over he wasn't mad at all. He was pretty happy and joking around with us. I really dont think they expected us to show up at 7am when doors opened. That doesn't even happen for regular shows. People line up early to be up front no matter what. That is how it always will be.

Anyways, I am off to drink more beer. Let's drop this conversation so this dude can find himself a poster.
Then_It_Rained
Little Bird

Post by Then_It_Rained »

arewhyehen wrote:
Swank came over to us late the night before, after rehearsal and we thought we were going to be kicked out but he was super nice and just went over instructions and didn't seem angry at all with us.
Were you guys able to hear the rehearsal?? That must have been unbelievably thrilling!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Then_It_Rained wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Were you guys able to hear the rehearsal?? That must have been unbelievably thrilling!
Yeah we could hear it a bit, but you couldn't really make out any songs because it was so distorted. They asked us to move away from the main building so we couldn't listen.
Vinyladdict
Little Bird

Post by Vinyladdict »

Ryan I'm with you. Swank didn't care that we were there and I think they just didn't want 300 people hanging out all night. I am sure they expected a few people to show up. And weather I get a poster or not I am the only person on the cover of the fastest record with light shinning on me! So I guess that's ok!