Lazaretto

Love interruption --->
AJ123
Little Ghost

Re: Lazaretto

Post by AJ123 »

Not sure if this was posted yet but the last ones pretty funny.

http://www.baeblemusic.com/musicblog/4- ... retto.html
BlackJackDavey
Little Bird

Post by BlackJackDavey »

I took MichaelRox's advice and called around to local radio stations. The first station I got through to told me, "We haven't received one, but we'll take your info and give you a call if we do.". The second suggested I contact someone higher up. The third knew exactly what I was talking about, and was happy to let me have it, "just come pick it up". 150 miles later, and this is in my collection:

image hoster

Don't think I could be any more excited!
Many, MANY thanks to both MichaelRox and WVIC!!!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

BlackJackDavey wrote:I took MichaelRox's advice and called around to local radio stations. The first station I got through to told me, "We haven't received one, but we'll take your info and give you a call if we do.". The second suggested I contact someone higher up. The third knew exactly what I was talking about, and was happy to let me have it, "just come pick it up". 150 miles later, and this is in my collection:

image hoster

That is awesome!!! I tried a bunch of stations as well. No luck with any of my radio buds. Canada doesn't get a lot of this stuff :(
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Who do y'all ask to speak with when you call?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Kali Durga wrote:Who do y'all ask to speak with when you call?

It's best to ask whoever answers because that person probably has a good idea of who gets what kind of mail. At the radio station that I intern for the program director regularly gets TMR promos and then some DJs do too. I guess DJs who TMR has noticed are more keen to play TMR artists.

I sent an email the moment I saw that one of the pictures posted was from a radio station. I offered a case of beer in exchange. :D
The people I emailed responded affirmatively to my offer, and said they'd let me know if they saw one. I haven't heard anything though. Fingers crossed.
BlackJackDavey
Little Bird

Post by BlackJackDavey »

I called the studio line for each station and spoke with the on air DJ. I believe the name I was given from the second station is probably the program director.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

BlackJackDavey wrote:I took MichaelRox's advice and called around to local radio stations. The first station I got through to told me, "We haven't received one, but we'll take your info and give you a call if we do.". The second suggested I contact someone higher up. The third knew exactly what I was talking about, and was happy to let me have it, "just come pick it up". 150 miles later, and this is in my collection:

image hoster

LOVE IT! Congratulations!
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

BlackJackDavey wrote:
I called the studio line for each station and spoke with the on air DJ. I believe the name I was given from the second station is probably the program director.
My friend is the music director at FM96 in London.....he can't even get anything lol
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Man, what a week! :crazy:
Now that the madness had died down momentarily I can finally sit back and say that I am ecstatic about Lazaretto.
Everything from the cover art, the title, the vault package, has me right back where I was two years ago; genuinely and wholeheartedly excited about everything that's to come.
There is no other release that makes for an experience outside of hearing the album itself, there's so much that goes into a new Jack release for me
All the interviews to read, live performances to see, collecting to be had, it's all very, very exciting.
Highly looking forward to it all.

EDIT: Oh, and the gimmicks. Can't forget those. :D
Last edited by chaptertwentyone on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

I'm also curious to see if his "improvised" track from the second night at Roseland will appear on the album.
:think:
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

EDIT-EDIT: Lazaretto track listing *NEW FORMULA WITH 99.9% LESS SPOILERS!
http://www.xlrecordings.com/releases/22233

1. Three Women
2. Lazaretto
3. Temporary Ground
4. Would You Fight For My Love?
5. High Ball Stepper
6. Just One Drink
7. Alone In My Home
8. Entitlement
9. That Black Bat Licorice
10. I Think I Found The Culprit
11. Want And Able
Last edited by chaptertwentyone on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

Direct from XLs website so I would say that that's official enough for me
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Huh. Says Lazaretto LP Catalog # is TMR-271 when the High Ball Stepper is already TMR-271.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I don't know about other folks, but I kinda wish the tracklist had been posted as a spoiler. I saw it on Tumblr, read it, then immediately set my mind to forgetting what I'd read because it's more fun to have the surprises come out gradually. Some other folks might feel the same.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Kali Durga wrote:I don't know about other folks, but I kinda wish the tracklist had been posted as a spoiler. I saw it on Tumblr, read it, then immediately set my mind to forgetting what I'd read because it's more fun to have the surprises come out gradually. Some other folks might feel the same.
:thumbup:
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”