Lazaretto

Love interruption --->
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Re: Lazaretto

Post by Getbacktogether »

at the 1:15 mark of high ball stepper it reminds me of I Got Mine by the Black Keys. Not saying he copied or took that riff or even has ever heard that song but just saying right when I heard it I thought of I Got Mine immediately. Like the song tho
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Getbacktogether wrote:at the 1:15 mark of high ball stepper it reminds me of I Got Mine by the Black Keys. Not saying he copied or took that riff or even has ever heard that song but just saying right when I heard it I thought of I Got Mine immediately. Like the song tho
Same. Even trying to remember the song yesterday made me think of I Got Mine :lol:
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Love High Ball Stepper! I already like it better than 90% of Blunderbuss (which was great, just not my favorite type of JW music). Also love the video for it, it is the science of cymatics, which was exactly what I demonstrated to some 4th and 5th graders while student teaching last semester. I didn't have the expensive speakers, chladni plates, or paint that they used, but I still managed to get similar results with water and a speaker. The kids loved it.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Once I saw that radio stations were receiving the High Ball Stepper vinyl I started reaching out to the local stations. I got one response from 93.3 KGSR Austin saying they didn't get one, So I thanked them for at least responding.Today, I got a tweet from someone at KGSR saying they got one in the mail and wanted to know my address to send it to me. !!?!?!!? They said I could stop by the station and get it too so I went there immediately. They were so nice and handed me the vinyl with the press release. So Stoked! Really great people and radio station. Here are a couple photos and short video.

Video: http://instagram.com/p/mTb1DYzZA1/

The label is Blue Felt and labeled TMR-271 but the wax itself says TMR-272-A-Re-1.
"MOUNTAIN OF THE TRUE GOD"
Came in a plain black sleeve with no markings.

I suggest reaching out to your local stations.
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

One on discogs now if your local radio station didn't get one.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

MichaelRox wrote:"MOUNTAIN OF THE TRUE GOD"
That's freaking awesome.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Runout says 272, label says 271?
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

is there some sort of announcement?
he is everything i hate...
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

Jettkoral wrote:Runout says 272, label says 271?

That's correct. Not sure why. TMR-272-A-Re-1
My avatar photo was taken by Jo McCaughey of me and my wife using my Hasselblad 501C.
MichaelRox
Little Cream Soda

Post by MichaelRox »

elduderino wrote:is there some sort of announcement?

it came with a print up of the press release that is on the website. Seems like it was printed from the site itself because there are blue hyperlinks in on the printed page.
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

MichaelRox wrote:

Just a guess, but here goes. TMR 272 is the catalog number for this single release and that is the pressing plate they used. TMR 271 is the catalog number for this particular version. Similar to how the F@21 flexi had a different catalog number than the regular release. I think they have to use a different press for flexis, so the same thing isn't an issue there. Regardless, nice find!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

cwja wrote:
MichaelRox wrote:

Just a guess, but here goes. TMR 272 is the catalog number for this single release and that is the pressing plate they used. TMR 271 is the catalog number for this particular version. Similar to how the F@21 flexi had a different catalog number than the regular release. I think they have to use a different press for flexis, so the same thing isn't an issue there. Regardless, nice find!
Ahh, so this will probably be the A side to one of the official singles (TMR-272). Cool!
IamFrank007
Little Acorn

Post by IamFrank007 »

orangeshoeskid wrote:Love High Ball Stepper! I already like it better than 90% of Blunderbuss (which was great, just not my favorite type of JW music). Also love the video for it, it is the science of cymatics, which was exactly what I demonstrated to some 4th and 5th graders while student teaching last semester. I didn't have the expensive speakers, chladni plates, or paint that they used, but I still managed to get similar results with water and a speaker. The kids loved it.
They use corn starch.
Frank is a funkasaurus rex......................
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

more specifically, corn starch with water i.e. oobleck
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

MichaelRox wrote:Once I saw that radio stations were receiving the High Ball Stepper vinyl I started reaching out to the local stations. I got one response from 93.3 KGSR Austin saying they didn't get one, So I thanked them for at least responding.Today, I got a tweet from someone at KGSR saying they got one in the mail and wanted to know my address to send it to me. !!?!?!!? They said I could stop by the station and get it too so I went there immediately. They were so nice and handed me the vinyl with the press release. So Stoked! Really great people and radio station. Here are a couple photos and short video.

Video: http://instagram.com/p/mTb1DYzZA1/

The label is Blue Felt and labeled TMR-271 but the wax itself says TMR-272-A-Re-1.
"MOUNTAIN OF THE TRUE GOD"
Came in a plain black sleeve with no markings.

oh, you MFer. :)
i called most radio stations in town and totally skipped KGSR. the horror.
I suggest reaching out to your local stations.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.