Little People

Re: Lazaretto

Post by shaneoftheroad »

hmmm
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

If this is a prank it would have to be an elaborate prank, because these are popping up everywhere on Instagram and they all look the same. So I don't know. If it is a prank it is a good one.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Perhaps we should start a "High Ball Stepper" thread for this conversation, mods?
Wouldn't want to take away from the album thread.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
getbehindmejack
Little Acorn

Post by getbehindmejack »

First off, I can't believe how good High Ball Stepper is. That guitar is dirty as anything. Secondly, those records look real to me, but the question is HOW MUCH DOES IT COST, AND WHERE CAN I GET IT? (Ronco style, baby!) Are they 6''? 7''? Either way, this is all very exciting again for once.
Third of all, great vault package. Hoping it arrives around the album release date so there's not endless waiting on our part. Lastly, the album cover alone is excellent, can't even begin to imagine how great the songs are going to be.
cigarman44
Little Cream Soda

Post by cigarman44 »

Would be cool if High Ball Stepper 7 was the vault exclusive next Monday.
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

Another Way To Die?
josephodonnell
Little Acorn

Post by josephodonnell »

cigarman44 wrote:Would be cool if High Ball Stepper 7 was the vault exclusive next Monday.
YES!
FUCK
FASHION
LETS
SMOKE
MENTHOLS
hellosmith
Little Acorn

Post by hellosmith »

I know we all knew this was coming but I'm over the moon excited about every bit of it. The album name. The cover art. High Ball Stepper. Every piece in the Vault package. Can't wait. Bring on the tour.
~༼✷ɷ✷༽~
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

hellosmith wrote:I know we all knew this was coming but I'm over the moon excited about every bit of it. The album name. The cover art. High Ball Stepper. Every piece in the Vault package. Can't wait. Bring on the tour.
My thoughts exactly.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

This is very exciting. I hope he plays a bunch of shows in my area again this tour. Last time it was Chattanooga, Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta all easy driving distance for me. I would love to come back to Colorado and go to Red Rocks again, that is the shit for sure for concert experiences in America outdoors !!! Plus the state is lovely as well. NY was a stretch last year, who knows. Looking forward to hearing more of the album. Exciting ...... for damn sure !!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Alabama Woody wrote:This is very exciting. I hope he plays a bunch of shows in my area again this tour. Last time it was Chattanooga, Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta all easy driving distance for me. I would love to come back to Colorado and go to Red Rocks again, that is the shit for sure for concert experiences in America outdoors !!! Plus the state is lovely as well. NY was a stretch last year, who knows. Looking forward to hearing more of the album. Exciting ...... for damn sure !!!
Plus if he plays The Ryman again you're all set!
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dmdv1 wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:This is very exciting. I hope he plays a bunch of shows in my area again this tour. Last time it was Chattanooga, Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta all easy driving distance for me. I would love to come back to Colorado and go to Red Rocks again, that is the shit for sure for concert experiences in America outdoors !!! Plus the state is lovely as well. NY was a stretch last year, who knows. Looking forward to hearing more of the album. Exciting ...... for damn sure !!!
I might get tickets to that this time. Last time I did Chattanooga. Hope for your sake, Scott, that he plays Ryman
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

dmdv1 wrote:
Yep, I hope so I saw him twice at the Ryman last tour. One night was great the other was great but was a little short. Kind of like NY but not as short or bad. His shows are so good they fly by quickly anyhow but when he only plays 45 minutes to an hour it just isn't long enough. Got to demand more,, take, take, take ... Hell all of his shows were good but different.
My favorite was Atlanta and Red Rocks followed by The Ryman, the place he has played with the Dead Weather and Solo in Birmingham Al is a small venue it is great in its own way. Very intimate room for just a big box, lol. I hope to see a bunch of shows again. Going to have to rethink my poster situation, unless I build more walls or start hanging them on the ceiling I have no where to put them. Probably still get the ones from shows I go to. Silly ain't it. SO much to thank about, makes the mind swirl ... get it ... Swirl ...

Here's hoping album number 2 is as good as album number 1, the second time is always harder. From the clip available so far it definitely has my interest !!!
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:
I might get tickets to that this time. Last time I did Chattanooga. Hope for your sake, Scott, that he plays Ryman
Chattanooga was very exciting for me. I had never heard any White Stripes songs performed Live before, very exciting show. Jack seemed real happy too !
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

grumblestiltskin wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:From the YouTube page:
Jack White: Electric Guitar
Carla Azar: Drums
Catherine Popper: Bass
Lillie Mae Rische: Fiddle
Brooke Waggoner: Piano
Maggie Björklund: Pedal Steel
Ruby Amanfu: Vocals Effects, Tambourine
Looks like we're looking at Buzzards/Peacocks again!
Catherine Popper is new: the peacocks' bassist used to be Bryn Davies. She had a baby though (I remember her "playing bass for two" on tour), which probably explains that mystery.
Catherine Popper is who took Bryn's place on the tour.

chaptertwentyone wrote:
hellosmith wrote:I know we all knew this was coming but I'm over the moon excited about every bit of it. The album name. The cover art. High Ball Stepper. Every piece in the Vault package. Can't wait. Bring on the tour.
My thoughts exactly.
Oh holy hell, yes. I've been babbling in the Vault and on FB and in the LR for the last two hours, I'm running out of words so thank you for succinctly summing up my feelings.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."