Re: Lazarreto Ultra LP

Post by curseofhalos »

bh1644 wrote:available on Amazon for $14.48

That is the CD
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

What's the significance of the flat-edge format?
bh1644
Little Ghost

Post by bh1644 »

curseofhalos wrote:
bh1644 wrote:available on Amazon for $14.48

That is the CD
oops you're right, I will probably buy the CD as well... sigh!
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

dunedin wrote:What's the significance of the flat-edge format?

Probably mimics original 78s.
trickster
Greek Mod

Re: Lazaretto

Post by trickster »

I dont know if this was posted and I missed it during merging the 2 threads but here it is
Ben Blackwell
05/05/2014 (16 hours ago)

To answer the handful of valid questions posed here... 1. Where can I get this? Well Johnny Q. Record Buyer, thanks for asking! We'll have a vinyl pre-order up on the TMR website very soon. But to be fair...ANYWHERE that sells vinyl will have this, whether it be your local mom and pop record shop, Insound.com, Amazon.com, Ganges.com or any other of the countless websites with river-based names. All you have to remember is this: ANY copy and EVERY copy of Lazaretto will be an Ultra LP. 2. Can you tell me more about these different mixes? No. I can't. But only SOME songs have different mixes. We'll leave it to you with the most discerning of ears and the least amount of real-world interactions to spend all of your spare time to figure this one out any further. 3. Will the Vault version have shiny and matte sides? Yes. Yes it will. While the matte finish isn't as vivid when applied to colored vinyl, by George it still works. 4. Why are you so awesome? I really wish I knew.
The comments are moving too fast and won't be easy to find it.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

trickster wrote:I dont know if this was posted and I missed it during merging the 2 threads but here it is
Ben Blackwell
05/05/2014 (16 hours ago)

To answer the handful of valid questions posed here... 1. Where can I get this? Well Johnny Q. Record Buyer, thanks for asking! We'll have a vinyl pre-order up on the TMR website very soon. But to be fair...ANYWHERE that sells vinyl will have this, whether it be your local mom and pop record shop, Insound.com, Amazon.com, Ganges.com or any other of the countless websites with river-based names. All you have to remember is this: ANY copy and EVERY copy of Lazaretto will be an Ultra LP. 2. Can you tell me more about these different mixes? No. I can't. But only SOME songs have different mixes. We'll leave it to you with the most discerning of ears and the least amount of real-world interactions to spend all of your spare time to figure this one out any further. 3. Will the Vault version have shiny and matte sides? Yes. Yes it will. While the matte finish isn't as vivid when applied to colored vinyl, by George it still works. 4. Why are you so awesome? I really wish I knew.
The comments are moving too fast and won't be easy to find it.
Thanks - hopefully we get confirmation on if the VP version will come with digital version as well.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Pre-ordered---now I wanna hear that song jack said was coming 'very soon' to the vault!!
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

so....not complaining...just commenting, but am I the only one who thinks the gimmicks are too much?
Just let me enjoy the record with out having to switch the speed 5 times and figure out right where to put the needle.
I think one or two "gimmicks" would be ok, but this may be overkill. But hey, if I just want to listen at least I can throw on the MP3!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Jettkoral wrote:Pre-ordered---now I wanna hear that song jack said was coming 'very soon' to the vault!!
I actually think I'd be fine with not having that today. I need to get some work done, one crazy distraction a day is plenty for me.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Stl_ben wrote:so....not complaining...just commenting, but am I the only one who thinks the gimmicks are too much?
Just let me enjoy the record with out having to switch the speed 5 times and figure out right where to put the needle.
I think one or two "gimmicks" would be ok, but this may be overkill. But hey, if I just want to listen at least I can throw on the MP3!
What's not to like :

* 180 gram single vinyl LP
* single-pocket tip-on jacket
* mp3 download
* 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
* 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
* Side A plays from the outside in
* Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for ''Just One Drink'' depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
* Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
* Both sides end with locked grooves
* Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
* Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
* Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
* Different running order from the CD/digital version
* LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

This album is perfect.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Kaber wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:so....not complaining...just commenting, but am I the only one who thinks the gimmicks are too much?
What's not to like :

* 180 gram single vinyl LP
* single-pocket tip-on jacket
* mp3 download
* 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
* 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record
* Side A plays from the outside in
* Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for ''Just One Drink'' depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
* Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
* Both sides end with locked grooves
* Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
* Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
* Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
* Different running order from the CD/digital version
* LP utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD and digital version
Seriously. I mean this just adds to the experience of listing to a record. Its 2014, these arent your grandparents records anymore.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Getbacktogether wrote: Seriously. I mean this just adds to the experience of listing to a record. Its 2014, these arent your grandparents records anymore.
Ahh, but that is when some of the best music was made. They had their own types of gimmicks back then too. A lot of conspiracies and crazy covers and what not...
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I think the Ultra record is the bee's knees, for sure. But I also wouldn't mind a standard front-to-back-with-no-gimmicks version to spin casually while boppin' around the house. I'll likely be putting a version of this onto CD and spinning that whenever I just wanna throw it on.
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

shaneoftheroad wrote:I think the Ultra record is the bee's knees, for sure. But I also wouldn't mind a standard front-to-back-with-no-gimmicks version to spin casually while boppin' around the house. I'll likely be putting a version of this onto CD and spinning that whenever I just wanna throw it on.
Yeah I agree. I love it but a standard would be great too, though that would violate the Vault being the only variation...