I'm Shakin to be the 4th 7"?

Love interruption --->
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Re: I'm Shakin to be the 4th 7"?

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

it seemed like this was the most unofficial sort of official acknowledgement that i have seen... and i like it

the tone of the modchat seemed to be one of encouragement that repeatedly emphasized a format that one one else owned... almost another novelty pitch to say no one has ever had this sort of release before and even another sort of unheard of novelty as well

its sort of how i would imagine the release of new technology as opposed to just getting a new release... seismographic artistry with the laser cutter as some strange stereolithographic packaging that takes advantage of the new shipper?? i cant begin to fill in the blanks for Jack when it comes to clarifying if any of those novelties are a part of i'm shakin but it feels like it will be a single that has several types of formatting for the release that are accessible as the single in simple packaging and quite intricate in its 'limited release' like we saw with etched vinyl

i think it would be cool to have a release that somehow tipped its hat to the idea that record and player could be an all in one unit... maybe not like a musical keepsake box or a gatefold card but something more a long the lines of a tippy can that you turn over and the song plays :lol:

we all know whatever it is that it will be change the way we arrange our home displays and managing our rotation of tangible digital collections
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

Sooo when is this dropping?
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

notwdrums18 wrote:Sooo when is this dropping?
Soon
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Looks like the video might have both Buzz/Peacocks in it !!!!!
Good interview
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

maxman142001 wrote:

Looks like the video might have both Buzz/Peacocks in it !!!!!
Good interview
wait... what?? if the piano player is playing out of tune then Jack is not the sort to go over and mess with their instrument? ehmmm..

does anyone else feel a little weird with the nike logo and american flags looking like advertising??

the organ is a nice touch but did jack just pick up that jacket from a visit to a museum or what?? odd
Toledo
Little Bird

Post by Toledo »

The jacket is an official 2012 London Olympics medalstand Jacket. It was given to all athletes in the US who competed at the summer games. It has a 100% reflective shield on the outside of it, and is really unique. You can also purchase the jacket in some Nike outlets or limited sporting good stores for $400. My guess, it was raining in new york and he didn't have anything to wear so he picked one up. I don't think Nike or anyone would pay jack to wear it during an interview for a promotion.
If you go looking for hot water, don't acted shocked when you get burned a little bit.
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

wow... you detailed that to the exact point and parameter of reasoning... whew...

as for this single... i heard Dmdv1 and Tanzaib say that they thought it would not be Im Shakin found inside the WWTD but instead it would be the White Stripes cover of some Public Nuisance song back in the day... anyone else know anything about this??

at this point i think what those guys said makes more sense than my idea.... but i am still looking for the single to be released and was hoping i could pick it up at one of the shows soon... my hopes are dropping... someone kick me down some good news!!! :shock:
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Post by carlbelvin »

theeradicaleclectic wrote:wow... you detailed that to the exact point and parameter of reasoning... whew...

as for this single... i heard Dmdv1 and Tanzaib say that they thought it would not be Im Shakin found inside the WWTD but instead it would be the White Stripes cover of some Public Nuisance song back in the day... anyone else know anything about this??

i am still looking for the single to be released and was hoping i could pick it up at one of the shows soon... my hopes are dropping

I to was hoping to pick one up at the show this weekend but I dare say they won't have any. All my hopes now jump to the single being released by voodoo fest.
jamesmonzon1
Little Acorn

Post by jamesmonzon1 »

I have a feeling they'll be ready for ACL this weekend. Maybe they're keeping silent to build the anticipation, and then say last second, "Oh, btw,we have a few singles for sale at..."
"There's nothing as reverential as putting on a vinyl album and manually flipping it. You can't fast-forward. You can't pause. More than likely, you are going to let the whole thing play."-Jack White III
carlbelvin
Little Cream Soda

Post by carlbelvin »

jamesmonzon1 wrote:I have a feeling they'll be ready for ACL this weekend. Maybe they're keeping silent to build the anticipation, and then say last second, "Oh, btw,we have a few singles for sale at..."

If so I hope they have some at Tulsa on Friday.
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Hmmmmm....check it out

http://jackwhiteiii.com/
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

Covers:

Directed by Dori Oskowitz, the video for Jack’s cover of the Little Willie John classic “I’m Shakin’” premieres tomorrow, October 10th at 9AM PT/12PM ET/5PM BST at www.jackwhiteiii.com.

Additionally, the 7″ vinyl single of “I’m Shakin’,” featuring the exclusive non-album B-side “Blues on Two Trees,” will be available for pre-order on October 16th and official on sale October 30th.
Last edited by maxman142001 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Best cover yet.