TMR Artists on Civil War Album

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR Artists on Civil War Album

Post by Kali Durga »

Why the heck do lps always take longer to release? Never mind, I probably know the answer to that... Because there are so few pressing plants. Blargh.

And, wow, $44? Wonder if it's just the lps or if there's an insert with it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:And, wow, $44? Wonder if it's just the lps or if there's an insert with it.
For a 3LP, $44 sounds about right.

This isn't a TMR release though so why in the TMR section?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Kali Durga wrote:Why the heck do lps always take longer to release? Never mind, I probably know the answer to that... Because there are so few pressing plants. Blargh.

And, wow, $44? Wonder if it's just the lps or if there's an insert with it.
I'd expect the Amazon price to come down as it's up on some other sites for less than $30. But don't hold me to that :oops:

EDIT: I've seen it listed as a 4LP set on two sites, CD Universe and Import CDs.
Last edited by dunedin on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Stl_ben wrote:This isn't a TMR release though so why in the TMR section?
Perhaps because there are TMR artists on it...?

And I believe it's only two discs, not three.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Kali Durga wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:This isn't a TMR release though so why in the TMR section?
Perhaps because there are TMR artists on it...?

And I believe it's only two discs, not three.
OK, think I mis-read the last page thought he said LP 3, but the 3 for Dec 3rd.
But if we are going to start threads in the TMR section for any/all records for anyone who has ever been associated to TMR....Im about to have me some fun!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

This section of the board is to discuss bands that have recorded with TMR and their ongoing projects. Releases go under Records and Merch. Associated bands that have NOT recorded on the TMR label would go under General Discussion under TMR and artists wholly unassociated would go under Other Bands. Any questions?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
The Stripes Walrus
Little Bird

Post by The Stripes Walrus »

Shovels and Rope announced today on their FaceBook page they'll be on it also and the record would be coming out next week. Should be a good album! 8-)
07-23-2007 - The White Stripes - Agganis Arena Boston, MA
09-28-2012 - Jack White - Agganis Arena Boston, MA
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Here's the website for the release with sleeve notes and samples. I didn't see mention of the vinyl but it is listed elsewhere as a 4-LP box set.

http://home.dividedandunited.com/
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dunedin wrote:Here's the website for the release with sleeve notes and samples. I didn't see mention of the vinyl but it is listed elsewhere as a 4-LP box set.

http://home.dividedandunited.com/
Amazon has it listed as a 4 LP under vinyl for a preorder price of $44.11. Damn good price for 4 LPs and 32 tracks.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

What's odd is that Amazon sell the CD for $13.99 and the MP3 for $17.99 but if you buy the CD, you get the MP3 for free through Autorip.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I pre-ordered the vinyl the other day and downloaded the mp3s. It's kind of a mixed bag-- The production on a couple of the songs is kind of weird, they almost sound as if the singer is at the front of the stage, so to speak, and the rest of the band is way backstage. Others are really gorgeous. Karen's track is one of the standouts, she and the Secret Sisters sound heavenly. And I generally can't stand most female vocalists, so that's saying something. But I think T-Bone Burnett's song is both the weirdest and the most powerful.

Has anyone else listened to the whole thing yet?
MedozK
Little Cream Soda

Post by MedozK »

I just pre-ordered on SSD for $39.99. Should be a nice set. :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just received this message from Amazon-- "Unfortunately, an unexpected delay from our supplier may prevent us from delivering some items in your order placed on November 05, 2013 (Order# xxx) by December 24.The following item(s) from your order is delayed:

Divided & United: The Song of the Civil War "Divided & United: The Songs of the Civil War"
"

Sheesh. The release date of the vinyl version is supposed to be 12/5. Guess I'm grateful for Amazon's autorip dealio.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I wanted my first listen to be on vinyl. I guess I will download the MP3s tonight and give them a... whatever the MP3 equivalent of "spin" is.

Oh, and I see Amazon has increased its free shipping minimum order to $35. When did that happen?
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

dunedin wrote: Oh, and I see Amazon has increased its free shipping minimum order to $35. When did that happen?
A few weeks ago.