TMR Artists on Civil War Album

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: TMR Artists on Civil War Album

Post by Kali Durga »

This was featured yesterday on NPR-- http://www.npr.org/2013/11/25/247161677 ... t=1&f=1039

Oh, and I received an e-mail recently from Amazon saying that the vinyl version likely won't be delivered in time for Christmas. Good thing it's only a gift to myself.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Hello,

We're writing about the order you placed on October 30, 2013 (Order# XXXXXX
). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will
notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

Divided & United: The Song of the Civil War "Divided & United: The Songs of
the Civil War"

Balls :evil:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ I got the same recently. I had already downloaded the mp3s so, much as I hated to do it, I cancelled the vinyl order and just paid for the digital files. Ridiculous. I wanted this on vinyl, but I could more easily afford it back in October when I originally ordered it. Money's too tight in the coming months, if they suddenly decide to make it available and then charge me for it.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

Kali Durga wrote:^^ I got the same recently. I had already downloaded the mp3s so, much as I hated to do it, I cancelled the vinyl order and just paid for the digital files. Ridiculous. I wanted this on vinyl, but I could more easily afford it back in October when I originally ordered it. Money's too tight in the coming months, if they suddenly decide to make it available and then charge me for it.

So I'm seeing April 1.
Is that right?
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
G-squared
Little Cream Soda

Post by G-squared »

I just checked amazon http://www.amazon.com/Divided-United-Th ... nl_title_0 and saw this:

Product Details

Vinyl (December 31, 2020)
Number of Discs: 4
Label: 10 SPOT
ASIN: B00EIGQKUG
Life is Music
And Music Isn't A Business
Iggy Pop
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Well, that's definitely ridiculous. Glad I've at least got the tunes to listen to. It's a very interesting collection.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Well that's something to look forward to :arrow:

Edit: So if they cancel the vinyl release, will they charge me for the MP3s that I got for free with AutoRip?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ If you've already downloaded them, then yes, you'll be charged for them. That's what I ended up doing.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Amazon email:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 30, 2013
(Order# 1xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

Divided & United: The Song of the Civil War

Estimated arrival date: April 07, 2014 - April 11, 2014
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Please post pics when you get it so I can see what I ended up passing on :wtf:
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

dunedin wrote:Amazon email:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 30, 2013
(Order# 1xxxxxxxxxxxxx):

Divided & United: The Song of the Civil War

Estimated arrival date: April 07, 2014 - April 11, 2014
Aaaand, no, it won't. This is getting tiresome. :evil:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I don't understand what's going on. Shame, as the music is really cool, having the whole package would be terrific. Have you downloaded the songs yet?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Kali Durga wrote:I don't understand what's going on. Shame, as the music is really cool, having the whole package would be terrific. Have you downloaded the songs yet?
Yes, I downloaded it as soon as they made it available. The music is great. I really wanted this one on vinyl. I will probably give it another month and then cancel. It's a shame that they can't get this together.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I know, the packaging looked like it was going to be beautiful. I need to remember to print out teh liner notes from the download. Would rather have had them with the album.
ameltymom
Little Bird

TMR Artists on Civil War Album

Post by ameltymom »

You are not right. I can defend the position. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.