Neil Young

nickboat
Little Ghost

Neil Young

Post by nickboat »

Well... Neil Young has officially recorded at TMR in the Novelty Recording Booth. I was lucky enough to peek in and watch him record a tune and heard the play back. Tmr has the digital copy and it looks like Neil got the Vinyl copy. Did they record more with Willie Nelson or maybe they will do a Blue Series? Hopefully someday we will all get to spin a Neil Young release from tmr...?
HUSTLE AND CUSS
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Neil Young

Post by Alabama Woody »

Neil Young is my favorite musician of all time. Saw him 2 days before I saw Jack at Red Rocks, he was great. Saw him a year or so ago in Nashville all by himself, incredible! Saw him at the TPAC a long time ago, just him again, made me a fan for life!

If he records a blue series with Jack I will jump with joy, seriously. If he was to play at TMR, I would camp out with you nuts for tickets. Whatever it took.

Love the man.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
jefftp
Little Cream Soda

Post by jefftp »

After reading about Neil and Willie being down at TMR the other day I got so exited at the possibility of what will come out of it. Maybe a Nelson, White, and Young album haha just kidding of course. I would be stoked for anything Neil Young from third man records.
"Ya well..you know that's just like uhh your opinion man"
The Dude
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:Neil Young is my favorite musician of all time. Saw him 2 days before I saw Jack at Red Rocks, he was great. Saw him a year or so ago in Nashville all by himself, incredible! Saw him at the TPAC a long time ago, just him again, made me a fan for life!

If he records a blue series with Jack I will jump with joy, seriously. If he was to play at TMR, I would camp out with you nuts for tickets. Whatever it took.

Love the man.
Same here man. When there was 200 people waiting for Jack to poke his head out the curtain at the store, there was my girlfriend and 5 other people waiting for neil at the new building. My girlfriend asked who i'd rather meet and we both agreed on Neil. So proud to be Canadian in that case.Had my Canadian jersey on and he loved it when he saw me.

Too bad I didnt get to meet up with you dude. Always next year!!!
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

dcmak5 wrote:

Awesome
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

you'll love this one if you liked that
greginchains
Little Ghost

Post by greginchains »

I like uncle Neil. Favorite song will always be "look out for my love" for sentimental personal reasons. And I love when pearl jam rocks out with him too!
I only wanted to be good enough, but I'm not.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:Neil Young is my favorite musician of all time. Saw him 2 days before I saw Jack at Red Rocks, he was great. Saw him a year or so ago in Nashville all by himself, incredible! Saw him at the TPAC a long time ago, just him again, made me a fan for life!

Love the man.
Same here man. When there was 200 people waiting for Jack to poke his head out the curtain at the store, there was my girlfriend and 5 other people waiting for neil at the new building. My girlfriend asked who i'd rather meet and we both agreed on Neil. So proud to be Canadian in that case.Had my Canadian jersey on and he loved it when he saw me.

Yeah, first one I've missed. Just was not up for that long of a day. Camping is not really fun to me, I like hanging out with you good folks though. I need it to be in the 50's, hate cold weather and it really screws with my Fibromyalgea. Should have come, probably next year. The crowds have grown to a point that if you don't camp you will be 150-200 people back. That just sucks. Anyway I'm glad everybody had a good time! Thanks to some kind Swirlers I have been able to get most of the nick nack collectibles from the store, I had already bought the WS album (shhhh) and I was given a very fair price from a great Swirler for the set of documents. That's what's great about having made so many friends on here that I can still get all that stuff!!!!!! Thank you very much, kind folks of the Swirl. I have no musical talent and have been offered help to make a record, that is awesome. I'm going to make a "spoken word" album as well. But, Ara mentioned I think in another post that you really can't play the record but once........so that's a little dis heartening. Is that correct? I don't want to spoil or mention any names but I was told that Jack jumped in the booth with someone. Maybe that story will materialize. I would have liked to see Neil Young's car in person. Thanks for posting great pictures of that. Anyway's rock on Swirl.
Forget what you see
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:

Love the man.

Yeah, first one I've missed. Just was not up for that long of a day. Camping is not really fun to me, I like hanging out with you good folks though. I need it to be in the 50's, hate cold weather and it really screws with my Fibromyalgea. Should have come, probably next year. The crowds have grown to a point that if you don't camp you will be 150-200 people back. That just sucks. Anyway I'm glad everybody had a good time! Thanks to some kind Swirlers I have been able to get most of the nick nack collectibles from the store, I had already bought the WS album (shhhh) and I was given a very fair price from a great Swirler for the set of documents. That's what's great about having made so many friends on here that I can still get all that stuff!!!!!! Thank you very much, kind folks of the Swirl. I have no musical talent and have been offered help to make a record, that is awesome. I'm going to make a "spoken word" album as well. But, Ara mentioned I think in another post that you really can't play the record but once........so that's a little dis heartening. Is that correct? I don't want to spoil or mention any names but I was told that Jack jumped in the booth with someone. Maybe that story will materialize. I would have liked to see Neil Young's car in person. Thanks for posting great pictures of that. Anyway's rock on Swirl.

Who said you can only play the record once?? That's weird...never heard that..

Also, check my Facebook woody, I've got a ton of photos from the weekend. A bunch of Neil's car..
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Just noticed that Neil announced a few solo shows (without crazy horse, i believe) at Carnegie Hall in NY. Really wish I would have heard about this before they went on sale. Any good seats are gone and were put up on stubhub by scalpers. Luckily there are 4 shows January 6,7, 9,10 so the tickets arent too hard to find.

I may still make the trip to one of the shows once the date gets closer and I can be more sure of my schedule.

please please please anyone let me know if he announces any more shows. Would love to see him again, especially solo. I didnt get a notification for these shows because it's in the USA, but i would definitely make the trip if its less than 10 hour drive from london, ontario...haha or if it is nashville, i will hit that shit up too.. :lol: :lol:

anyone get tickets to any of those 4 shows?
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

arewhyehen wrote:Just noticed that Neil announced a few solo shows (without crazy horse, i believe) at Carnegie Hall in NY. Really wish I would have heard about this before they went on sale. Any good seats are gone and were put up on stubhub by scalpers. Luckily there are 4 shows January 6,7, 9,10 so the tickets arent too hard to find.

I may still make the trip to one of the shows once the date gets closer and I can be more sure of my schedule.

please please please anyone let me know if he announces any more shows. Would love to see him again, especially solo. I didnt get a notification for these shows because it's in the USA, but i would definitely make the trip if its less than 10 hour drive from london, ontario...haha or if it is nashville, i will hit that shit up too.. :lol: :lol:

One of my favorite records from Neil is his Live from Carnegie Hall. My husband and I were stoked to hear about these shows but HOLY TICKET PRICES!!! :shock:
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

2crazikids wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Just noticed that Neil announced a few solo shows (without crazy horse, i believe) at Carnegie Hall in NY. Really wish I would have heard about this before they went on sale. Any good seats are gone and were put up on stubhub by scalpers. Luckily there are 4 shows January 6,7, 9,10 so the tickets arent too hard to find.

One of my favorite records from Neil is his Live from Carnegie Hall. My husband and I were stoked to hear about these shows but HOLY TICKET PRICES!!! :shock:

Yeah. I was surprised by ticket prices too and even more so because anything good is already gone and stub hub prices are astronomical. Wish they would announce more of a tour
2crazikids
Little Acorn

Post by 2crazikids »

We couldn't see Neil the last time around b/c the prices were so high. I wish we could catch a break. Neil is my husbands all time favorite and he's never seen him live

I would love to get my kids to see Neil too before he stops touring all together. Considering both babies were sung exclusively Neil songs since the moment of their birth and their first hours in the hospital, Neil has a special place in our hearts.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

2crazikids wrote:We couldn't see Neil the last time around b/c the prices were so high. I wish we could catch a break. Neil is my husbands all time favorite and he's never seen him live

I would love to get my kids to see Neil too before he stops touring all together. Considering both babies were sung exclusively Neil songs since the moment of their birth and their first hours in the hospital, Neil has a special place in our hearts.
I agree. I want to see him as much as I can on his next tour(s) because there might not be many left. I have seen him with crazy horse, but never solo. My girlfriend has seen him solo many many years ago. He played a small acoustic show and she said it was amazing. That is why I was so interested in these shows in NY. He still rocked so hard when I saw him last year though.

He definitely holds a special place in our hearts too. My girlfriends favourite artist and definitely one of my top artists. I have a bunch of favourite artists and favourite songs by each, but none of them have music that moves me like Neil's music does. You can see the passion he plays with at every show too. On top of all of that, makes me so damn proud that he's Canadian. Born 2 hours away from me.

I could go on for hours about him haha. Anyways, I will try and keep you updated if i see any more dates posted. They usually announce shows in small bunches, so I can see more coming soon.