Neil Young

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Re: Neil Young

Post by arewhyehen »

I have been checking back frequently for new dates added and still nothing but I did notice something a few days ago that I didn't remember seeing before.

http://www.neilyoung.com/tour.html

If you go to his tour page he's got a bunch of dates listed, just with no info. Has this been there for awhile? I don't remember but didn't really pay much attention before. Hopefully its a bunch of more shows that will be added soon.
crimpies
Little Acorn

Post by crimpies »

http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org ... certs.html
Scott @ NYAS reports:
Confirmation that Neil's next album was recorded in Jack White's record booth.

It should be out sometime in the new year. I don't know its release details but would be surprised if it's only available via Third Man. But this is Neil, so who knows. I anticipate this will be a very big seller. It is an album of covers. In it, as anticipated, he pays tribute to other renowned singer-songwriters. There are 12 tracks on it. There are no Neil Young originals, but...each side starts with an introduction (part 1, part 2) of the same title. That could be a Neil Young original although I have another theory on what these might be... A couple of the songs chosen will astonish you. Sorry for the secrecy but more on this might leak soon...
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

crimpies wrote:http://neilyoungnews.thrasherswheat.org ... certs.html
Scott @ NYAS reports:

It should be out sometime in the new year. I don't know its release details but would be surprised if it's only available via Third Man. But this is Neil, so who knows. I anticipate this will be a very big seller. It is an album of covers. In it, as anticipated, he pays tribute to other renowned singer-songwriters. There are 12 tracks on it. There are no Neil Young originals, but...each side starts with an introduction (part 1, part 2) of the same title. That could be a Neil Young original although I have another theory on what these might be... A couple of the songs chosen will astonish you. Sorry for the secrecy but more on this might leak soon...

ISO Neil Young TMR Variant !!! This is very exciting news !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:
Scott @ NYAS reports:

Doubt this will be anything too limited, but if so, I don't see anyone else willing to pay more than I would.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
Scott @ NYAS reports:

Doubt this will be anything too limited, but if so, I don't see anyone else willing to pay more than I would.
Well they usually do a limited release of most all records TMR has anything to do with. So hopefully that will be the case here and hopefully the regular version will be 180 gram black vinyl. I hope to get both.

I will make a deal with you right now Ryan, if they sell it in Nashville I will take a friend and get you one at cost, if they sell them in Canada would you do the same ? … Got to help one another out you know? ...
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
Scott @ NYAS reports:

Well they usually do a limited release of most all records TMR has anything to do with. So hopefully that will be the case here and hopefully the regular version will be 180 gram black vinyl. I hope to get both.

I will make a deal with you right now Ryan, if they sell it in Nashville I will take a friend and get you one at cost, if they sell them in Canada would you do the same ? … Got to help one another out you know? ...
If they were to do this, it would probably be in some tiny ma and pa shop in Winnipeg.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

rival wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
Alabama Woody wrote:
Scott @ NYAS reports:

If they were to do this, it would probably be in some tiny ma and pa shop in Winnipeg.

hmm. maybe. He was born in Toronto and broke out in the Yorkville scene so I could see Toronto..specifically some yorkville shop. I think that would be a bit more fitting
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

So does that mean its crappy quality and under 2 minute songs since it was recorded in the booth?
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

bkramer10 wrote:So does that mean its crappy quality and under 2 minute songs since it was recorded in the booth?
haha, I was thinking of this too but I didn't really want to let that ruin that amazing announcement.
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

Do they mean the actual booth or just recorded at Third Man Studios?
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dmdv1 wrote:Do they mean the actual booth or just recorded at Third Man Studios?
they mentioned a set of 6" singles, which are from the booth...
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

arewhyehen wrote:
dmdv1 wrote:Do they mean the actual booth or just recorded at Third Man Studios?
I wonder how much appeal 2 minute ultra low quality cover versions will be to the average Neil Young fan
Never trust a hippy
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

dmdv1 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
I wonder how much appeal 2 minute ultra low quality cover versions will be to the average Neil Young fan
Ya. I have completely stopped purchasing all these "novelty" items TMR has been putting out lately because of the terrible quality they have all turned out to be. If there are limited pressings of the 6" singles recorded in the booth, I can see these being really terrible as well, but unfortunately I am a huge Neil Young fan and will be suckered into pretty much anything they put out with his name on it. haha

But, If warner (or whoever they listed in the article) is putting out a large release with the same thing, only in better quality, I will be all over that. Just really looking forward to Jack and Neil working together.
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

arewhyehen wrote:Just really looking forward to Jack and Neil working together.
Yes please. :)
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

gdm wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:Just really looking forward to Jack and Neil working together.
Yes please. :)
Abso friggin lutely
Never trust a hippy