Willy Moon

sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Re: Willy Moon

Post by sandmaniac3 »

his first full length album comes out in April. His website has previews of all of the songs. Better live, of course. The only thing I will say about it is that his shows are super short right now. He does not have all that much material yet, so they are about a half an hour long and he plays everything hes got. Definitely worth seeing, but if you are traveling for it, it might be worth considering.
Has everything you said today been true?
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

His songs all sound the same.
sandmaniac3
Little Acorn

Post by sandmaniac3 »

Jettkoral wrote:His songs all sound the same.
On the album, they are definitely all engineered to sound the same. There is more variation live. But either way, the guy performs is butt off and seeing him live is one heck of a party.
Has everything you said today been true?
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

I like his style and attitude. Hopefully the music will follow suit.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
notwdrums18
Little Acorn

Post by notwdrums18 »

sandmaniac3 wrote:his first full length album comes out in April. His website has previews of all of the songs. Better live, of course. The only thing I will say about it is that his shows are super short right now. He does not have all that much material yet, so they are about a half an hour long and he plays everything hes got. Definitely worth seeing, but if you are traveling for it, it might be worth considering.
Agreed, his shows are incredible. The album is definitely engineered to sound similar, but live is totally different. Very entertaining, but very short as well. He played about 10 songs (About 35 minutes) when he came to Chicago. It might not be worth it to you if you have to make a whole trip to check him out, but if his sets start getting longer, I say go for it!
Force fed, forced meds 'til I drop dead
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

His new album is up for preorder on his site.
Comes signed too.
No idea if there is vinyl option though. Should be a cd for now.

http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... willymoon/
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Willy Moon

Post by Obliquitous »

Swirlers! My Willy Moon poster could be official merchandise! Please slap a vote in there for my black and white sci-fi inspired poster under my name "Nicholas Gagnon". It'll probably ask you for access to your friends in which case you can hit 'skip'. Wow! Can't believe it!

https://creativeallies.com/facebook/tabs/preview?id=4xh
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I didn't see a 'skip' option, just 'okay' or 'cancel'.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Willy Moon

Post by Obliquitous »

Crap, I think it asks you 2 questions. First one you have to allow, second one you can skip. Most people won't vote because of that reason alone, not cool if you ask me but that's how they work.
Kali Durga - "For all you know, that guy might be a very cool person who just happens to look like your idea of an asshole."
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just took the plunge and clicked 'okay'. It didn't ask me anything else in regards to the vote, but did give me the option to share it on my wall with a comment (which I declined). I hate sites like that. But I voted!
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Edjohansson
Little Cream Soda

Post by Edjohansson »

I voted for ya! Best of luck to you, love the design :)
I keep getting into stranger's vans, but still no candy.
http://www.discogs.com/collection?user=edjohansson
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Willy Moon

Post by Obliquitous »

Thank you both!
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Aaaaand I just received an e-mail from Creative Allies. Silly people, I just wanted to vote.
Obliquitous
Little Acorn

Willy Moon

Post by Obliquitous »

Sorry Tam for the hassle :)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Ain't your fault, it's theirs. Silly people mining for marketing data.

Good luck to ya :)