alabama shakes "meh" thread

dmdv1
Little Ghost

Re: alabama shakes "meh" thread

Post by dmdv1 »

Hamptonio wrote:i think they are good. i think they are one of the better bands that TMR has endorsed.
i think vinyl reigns supreme, however, on the swirl...
most of the time, the actual music takes a backseat to the collective interest in the band's vinyl catalogue.
i think some of yall just bought the record because it was hand-numbered and stamped. "WHAT, hamptonio??!! but i...i...." yup.
if jack white said that raffi was going to open for him and then raffi came out with a colored limited 7'' of 'baby baluga", not only would 80% of this community buy it, then post it spinning on their turntable, but they would all rummage through their old VHS tape box in hopes of finding that raffi special from 1987 in hopes of trading it for a lazer disc copy of 'we are the champions' (1 of only 3 made).
who is Raffi and where do i purchase these items?
Never trust a hippy
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

dmdv1 wrote:
Hamptonio wrote:i think they are good. i think they are one of the better bands that TMR has endorsed.
most of the time, the actual music takes a backseat to the collective interest in the band's vinyl catalogue.
i think some of yall just bought the record because it was hand-numbered and stamped. "WHAT, hamptonio??!! but i...i...." yup.
if jack white said that raffi was going to open for him and then raffi came out with a colored limited 7'' of 'baby baluga", not only would 80% of this community buy it, then post it spinning on their turntable, but they would all rummage through their old VHS tape box in hopes of finding that raffi special from 1987 in hopes of trading it for a lazer disc copy of 'we are the champions' (1 of only 3 made).
who is Raffi and where do i purchase these items?
[ebay]150774086280[/ebay]
get this one before the seller adds 'third man' to the description and gets BIN'd!
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

you're in the wrong thread, dumbass.
he is everything i hate...
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

I'd happily endorse a Jeff the brotherhood meh thread
I'm not so sure the earlier JW fans are all as hooked into collecting TMR and associates
as you suggest but there is definitely a truth to what you say.
TMR has introduced me to a few decent bands for sure.
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

elduderino wrote:
you're in the wrong thread, dumbass.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

on the plus side, i'm glad they're opening for jack at the ryman as i won't be missing much while standing in the merch line for 2 hours.
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Haters gone hate.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
TheHen0
Little Ghost

Post by TheHen0 »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Haters gone hate.
Turtles gonna turt.
Alligators gonna aligate.
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Haters gone hate.
is not a hate. is a meh, ara.

jeez.
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

I will say, I wasn't impressed with the songs on the live 7" enough to buy it. However, I can't say they're anything but a good band. Just meh to me
coldsoup
Little Cream Soda

Post by coldsoup »

elduderino wrote:
Grimtale wrote:Dude... hate to say it but the only thing 'meh' around here is this thread...
these guys rock
grim
oh. well. ok. you've totally turned me around on this band, grim. thanks.
there is good comedy here.
...if you can hear a piano fall...
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Mehers gone dis sistas.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
elduderino
Little Ghost

Post by elduderino »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Mehers gone dis sistas.
mehers gone d... huh?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

I'm glad there are a few others beside myself that are "meh" about them.
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

All I've heard is the TMR 7". Was really looking forward to it based on everything I'd heard about them. They sound good, talented and all of that but overall I just found it boring and unremarkable. Am I going to find something different on the LP or should I just chalk it up to not being my cup of tea?