The Smoke Fairies

love_islander
Little People

The Smoke Fairies

Post by love_islander »

We are proud to announce that our new album 'Blood Speaks' will be coming out in May.

The ideas, melodies and imagery on 'Blood Speaks' have been filling our minds since finishing the last album and its thrilling that the songs are going to be going out into the world and perhaps may become a tiny part of somebody's life and experiences.

Together with our live band and producer, Head, we holed up in the studio recording the album through December right up until Christmas. The whole experience was a lot of fun and very fulfilling.

Now we can't wait to tour and break out the new songs.
Details of live dates and how to get hold of the album will be coming very soon.

Smoke Fairies
x x
Last edited by 7th_son on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Apologies for the spelling error in the title.
erikrodskjegg
Little Acorn

Re: The Smoke Fairies

Post by erikrodskjegg »

love_islander wrote:
We are proud to announce that our new album 'Blood Speaks' will be coming out in May.

The ideas, melodies and imagery on 'Blood Speaks' have been filling our minds since finishing the last album and its thrilling that the songs are going to be going out into the world and perhaps may become a tiny part of somebody's life and experiences.

Together with our live band and producer, Head, we holed up in the studio recording the album through December right up until Christmas. The whole experience was a lot of fun and very fulfilling.

Now we can't wait to tour and break out the new songs.
Details of live dates and how to get hold of the album will be coming very soon.

Smoke Fairies
x x
dis dope as well! can't be wrong, looking forward to the first singles
ISO: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3526
Instant karma's gonna get you.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

and the mods moved my comment!? *Insert comment of disdain towards overlord mods* :P
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Who are The Smoke Faries?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

rsimms3 wrote:Who are The Smoke Faries?
Some mob from very far away I suppose
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/smoke ... hree-of-us
The sheer vastness of London is difficult to describe.

The city sprawls out across Southern England, an urban mass which is difficult to escape. On their first album, Smoke Fairies seemed to use their stark, spectral folk forms to overcome the city's rush.

Returning with 'Blood Speaks' though, it seems that Smoke Fairies have reached an acquiescence with the capital. “Before, the city felt like a trap to us" Katharine Blamire explained recently. "Like on the first album, we wrote “Devil In My Mind”, about feeling crushed by London. But as the title track symbolises, we’ve made peace with the city".

"Maybe travelling gives you the space to counteract a city’s impression, but a lot of Blood Speaks is inspired by London and by travelling.”

'Blood Speaks' is certainly a confident return. A fuller sounding, more rounded return the album drops on May 21st.

Ahead of the release, ClashMusic have managed to obtain the video for 'The Three Of Us'. An intriguing introduction to where Smoke Fairies are at, you can watch the clip below...

Also LP preorder links are up but not working for now
http://www.smokefairies.bigcartel.com/p ... d-ed-vinyl
http://shop.ma2music.com/index.php/rele ... album.html
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

Sounds Awesome!
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

"'The Three Of Us' will be the first single to be taken from the new album 'Blood Speaks'. The single will also be the lead track of the EP we will be releasing in celebration of Record Store Day. Featuring four brand new songs recorded in December during our album studio sessions, The Three Of Us Record Store Day EP will be released in two formats: A 9" vinyl in the UK and a double-7" in North America.

Further album details and pre-orders now live:

Out on 21st May - Pre-orders will be live this week from all of the usual places and from our webshop via the website.
We will also again be doing a very limited special deluxe edition which we'll have details of very soon...
And we are working on T-shirt and poster bundles with some retailers, full info and details of formats etc to follow.

First Live Show Announced & pre-sale 9am Thursday morning
With the new album out in May we are eagerly awaiting the chance to perform the new songs, so we are happy to announce a one-off London date at The Tabernacle on 28th May.
A link to buy pre-sale allocation tickets will be sent out to band's mailing list subscribers (you guys) at 9am (london time) tomorrow morning. And the show goes on general sale from 9am on Friday from the usual sources...ticketmaster, seetickets, gigsandtours etc"

The above from an e-mail blast I received today.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

I just saw the email. 2 RSD releases to hunt down :shock:
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

new album is up for order with "special edition" up (no details on what that is though)

http://www.smokefairies.bigcartel.com/category/music
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

love_islander wrote:new album is up for order with "special edition" up (no details on what that is though)

This one that is up has 3 bonus track.
I believe that the one we want is this
We will also again be doing a very limited special deluxe edition which we'll have details of very soon...
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

trickster wrote:
love_islander wrote:new album is up for order with "special edition" up (no details on what that is though)

yep, if you go to the LP, it says "special edition" but no details on what the "special edition" is
CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Post by CatchHell66 »

love_islander wrote:
trickster wrote:

yep, if you go to the LP, it says "special edition" but no details on what the "special edition" is

Well, either way, I ordered mine and can't wait to spin it!
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

love_islander wrote:
trickster wrote:

The us site says special gatefold edition.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

The way I read it, there is going to be a "special edition" TBA in addition to the standard "limited edition" LP. My guess is red vinyl.