alabama shakes

chaptertwentyone
Little People

Re: alabama shakes

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Stl_ben wrote:
bh1644 wrote:If you missed the Saturday Night Live performances you can watch the video here...
The 2nd song from SNL is new, and there is a free download if it in the Shakes site.
A GREAT track too.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

Stl_ben wrote:
bh1644 wrote:If you missed the Saturday Night Live performances you can watch the video here...
The 2nd song from SNL is new, and there is a free download if it in the Shakes site.
It's not new, just not on the LP. It's the closing credits song in the movie Silver Linings Playbook, so it's been out for a little bit already.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I have joined the mailing list 5 times and confirmed and all that but it won't let me download it..haha son of a bitches...
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

Is there a bnb of their 7" live release? Are there bnb's of all the live 7"ers?
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

chrono_1980 wrote:Is there a bnb of their 7" live release? Are there bnb's of all the live 7"ers?
I don't think there was a bnb of this. Its the only TMR release I can think of, besides the picture discs, that didn't have a limited version
chrono_1980
Little Ghost

Post by chrono_1980 »

bkramer10 wrote:
chrono_1980 wrote:Is there a bnb of their 7" live release? Are there bnb's of all the live 7"ers?
I don't think there was a bnb of this. Its the only TMR release I can think of, besides the picture discs, that didn't have a limited version
Thats what I was thinkin. Lookin at the tmr catalog page, there is no mention of the cheap time bnb - which made me think there might be bnb's of all the 7" live records. Anyone know if the other 2 (peoples temple & hell beach) have bnb's?
AJ123
Little Ghost

Post by AJ123 »

chrono_1980 wrote:
bkramer10 wrote:
Thats what I was thinkin. Lookin at the tmr catalog page, there is no mention of the cheap time bnb - which made me think there might be bnb's of all the 7" live records. Anyone know if the other 2 (peoples temple & hell beach) have bnb's?
I dont remember if it was the hell beach, peoples temple, or both but they were in that jukebox they auctioned off not to long ago
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

There is a B&B of Hells Beach (only one released was in the jukebox). People's Temple 7"s were shipped to attendees already. No news or sights of an existence of Alabama Shakes ones yet though.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Is this band ever coming out with a second album?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Kali Durga wrote:Is this band ever coming out with a second album?
My thoughts EXACTLY.
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

According to some Instagram videos, Thunderbitch (Brittany from the Shakes and members of Fly Golden Eagle and Clear Plastic Masks) have also been recording. Proper recording, in a studio, not just rough tape rehearsal recordings. Excited to hear them. Hope this means another show or two!
FredYidas
Little Bird

Post by FredYidas »

I really like the 2 new songs that I've heard from the upcoming album. I think they're both better than the stuff on the first album, which I found a little dull.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Saw them on SNL. It was more like the Brittany show with a backing band the way it was staged.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Has anyone that pre-ordered the album through Rough Trade UK receive any information about shipping?
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
‘MEMBER THAT?”