JEFF the Brotherhood

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Re: JEFF the Brotherhood

Post by Stl_ben »

Hello friends and fans and family and hello people of the press and people of the industry!
We, JEFF The Brotherhood, are SO FUCKING PLEASED to announce that we have been DROPPED from the clutches of the demented vulture that is Warner Bros! We feel as though a heavy weight has been lifted from our shoulders, and could not be more excited.

As for our album, "Wasted on the Dream", it is finally coming out March 24th on Infinity Cat Recordings — our spiritual, as well as literal home.

It was a very strange experience working with WBR. Luckily, we help to run an indie label that has its shit together more than the big guys, and the announcement comes today from Infinity Cat. The records are pressed, and we are poised and ready!

It's true what you've heard, the era of the major label is over, we have seen it first hand. Upwards and onwards!

JEFF The Brotherhood
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

That can only be for the best.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Blue/white preorder is up on ic
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

bkramer10 wrote:Blue/white preorder is up on ic

damm this sucks, i preordered from warner brothers when JTB emailed out about preorder last month

going to try to cancel that preorder so i can get the limited vinyl
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
teakay
Little Acorn

Post by teakay »

They need to ship these now!
HammerOfTheGods
Little Cream Soda

Post by HammerOfTheGods »

My blue and white preorder shipped yesterday.
I play dumb like Columbo, and get my feelings hurt and move to New York like I'm Dumbo
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

Me too ^^^
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
matthewvh
Little Cream Soda

Post by matthewvh »

NPR posted this yesterday. You can listen to "Wasted on the Dream" in it's entirety.

http://www.npr.org/2015/03/15/392102827 ... t=20150315
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

Been listening to Wasted On A Dream and its my favorite LP since We Are The Champions... this new record is great

Also side note, I won the JTB We Are the Champions Metal Stampers from the charity auction a few years back. I am putting them up for sale, interested parties PM me.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

So, maybe someone can explain this to me--JTB got dropped from WB, why are WB logos still all over the sleeve of my WOTD LP? Were JTB dropped as artists, but WB still handles distribution? Not sure I understand how all this works.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

dylnfan wrote:So, maybe someone can explain this to me--JTB got dropped from WB, why are WB logos still all over the sleeve of my WOTD LP? Were JTB dropped as artists, but WB still handles distribution? Not sure I understand how all this works.
Their agreement to split probably allowed them to keep the logo on there since the records were already pressed and covers made. Won't see their logo on anything going forward
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

WB sucks,,, seems like a pretty sweet deal for JTB. WB paid for the expensiv album production and then let them go on their way :clap:
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
achouza
Little Ghost

Post by achouza »

On this tour they are selling a new tour lathe with a hand drawn green cover. Similar to the one with yellow cover a few months back. These are out of 50 as well.

I have an extra which is up for trade if anybody has an extra yellow tour lathe from last tour.
<<<< Ahuevooo! >>>>
The Milkman
Little Cream Soda

Post by The Milkman »

achouza wrote:On this tour they are selling a new tour lathe with a hand drawn green cover. Similar to the one with yellow cover a few months back. These are out of 50 as well.

I have an extra which is up for trade if anybody has an extra yellow tour lathe from last tour.
I bought one too from their Phoenix show last week. Pretty cool!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

ISO: Jack White/Loretta Lynn Nashville Hatch Show Print Poster. 1/28
makers888
Little Acorn

Post by makers888 »

JEFF sounds excellent with the additional members! Tight too! What I'd do for a recording of 'Whatever I Want' from Friday night.

BULLY was on it as well!