Karen Elson

HappyDad
Little Ghost

Karen Elson

Post by HappyDad »

TMR:
Preview the first live recorded performance by Karen Elson at karenelson.com. “The Ghost Who Walks” is the title track from her upcoming debut album recorded at Third Man Studios in Nashville, TN. The record features 11 original compositions by Karen and will be released this summer on Third Man Records/XL Recordings.
http://www.karenelson.com/indexa.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNhwMDC1yM

EDIT: my internet connection fucked up and posted this topic two times ... moderators please delete the other one :oops:
Last edited by HappyDad on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
love_islander
Little People

Re: Karen Elson

Post by love_islander »

HappyDad wrote:TMR:
Preview the first live recorded performance by Karen Elson at karenelson.com. “The Ghost Who Walks” is the title track from her upcoming debut album recorded at Third Man Studios in Nashville, TN. The record features 11 original compositions by Karen and will be released this summer on Third Man Records/XL Recordings.
http://www.karenelson.com/indexa.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsNhwMDC1yM

EDIT: my internection connections fucked up and posted this topic two times ... moderators please delete the other one :oops:
I guess we now know the second video they were working on there...
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

ableit that seeing the band behind her, looking ready to play, makes me anxious that they aren't playing.... i currently have this song on repeat...I'm really really enjoying this..

oh...buttons..... turns out, if you subscribe for the email list...you get a free download for that song...sweet....
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

candycaneboy03 wrote:ableit that seeing the band behind her, looking ready to play, makes me anxious that they aren't playing....
It was quite frustrating, I was waiting for them to play ... damn, I want the non accoustic version of this!
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

haha, i have the same feeling.... i got over it though.... once the song ended...now i just listen to the mp3...no frustration if you can't see right?

I'm already excited about the album....i just hope that the rest of the album is as good as this... or at least for the most part....
It'll be interesting how she sounds non-electric.... i almost want her primarily acoustic if her acoustic stuff sounds as good as this...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

candycaneboy03 wrote:haha, i have the same feeling.... i got over it though.... once the song ended...now i just listen to the mp3...no frustration if you can't see right?

I'm already excited about the album....i just hope that the rest of the album is as good as this... or at least for the most part....
It'll be interesting how she sounds non-electric.... i almost want her primarily acoustic if her acoustic stuff sounds as good as this...
yeah, its not so bad - not what I would have expected at all given how mildred started... ;)
Grimtale
Little People

Post by Grimtale »

Grim likes alot!
-Grim
I am everything you hate...
Scheckywhite
everything you hate...

Post by Scheckywhite »

ooOooh i like it
I wish I was purple, because I'm feeling blue. I'm not looking for love, but a good fuck'll do.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I like it.
Actually I didnt see it coming.
I had no idea that Karen is so talented
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Man that lady really has it going on. I'm enjoying this greatly.

I'm calling it now - TMR 033
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org
hawke000

Post by hawke000 »

This is ridiculous, I am so happy and impressed, what a lovely surpise. Sometimes songs come along and change a lot in your music experience, this is one of them. Bring on the Album!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Im really diggin this song i believe you might be right ara on the tmr 033 too :D how did everybody's download show up? I joined the mailing list for karen but havent got anything yet. Does the video play for everbody on the main page too?
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
plantersman
Little Cream Soda

Post by plantersman »

littleacorn wrote:Im really diggin this song i believe you might be right ara on the tmr 033 too :D how did everybody's download show up? I joined the mailing list for karen but havent got anything yet. Does the video play for everbody on the main page too?
a window pops up with the download link when you join the mailing list
FaytLJake
Little Acorn

Post by FaytLJake »

anonymousbrunette wrote:Man that lady really has it going on. I'm enjoying this greatly.

I'm calling it now - TMR 033
Haha, she'll get TMR003 and TMR033?? (Mildred joke, haha)

Relating to the song, beautifully done. Jack's a lucky man if there ever was one. Song title reminds me of 'Walking With A Ghost'.
St.Andrew on the Little Room
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

I feel obsessed with this song over the last few days. It lingers in my mind and I just sing it randomly through the day. Her voice is appropriately haunting and beautiful to match those intense lyrics. I don't think I have been this excited about a TMR artist yet, till now.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows