Willie Nelson

arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Willie Nelson

Post by arewhyehen »

Nobody has made a general thread for him yet. So figured I would start one.

I am thinking about going to see him in July. Has anyone seen him live lately? What's he like? I've never seen him and would love to go before all those drugs take him away...haha
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Willie Nelson

Post by Alabama Woody »

I think He only smokes Herb's. Will probably live to be 100. He is still good live. I have seen him a few times. Good stuff. You will be pleasantly surprised !
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Dude just received a 5th degree Black Belt the day before his 81st birthday. He's going to live to at least 100.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I will see him in June for the first time with Alison Krauss and Kacey Musgraves. Really looking forward to it.
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Alabama Woody wrote:I think He only smokes Herb's. Will probably live to be 100. He is still good live. I have seen him a few times. Good stuff. You will be pleasantly surprised !
Good to know. I figured he still had it from all the videos I have seen of him performing recently. I was even surprised by the video of him at TMR for his birthday. Loved that CMT episode. It's what really got me thinking I need to see him.
Kali Durga wrote:Dude just received a 5th degree Black Belt the day before his 81st birthday. He's going to live to at least 100.
haha, yes, I saw that. Good for him!!
dunedin wrote:I will see him in June for the first time with Alison Krauss and Kacey Musgraves. Really looking forward to it.
This is the same tour I am thinking about seeing him on. He is going to be a few hours away in Michigan so I figured I might get tickets. There isn't really any good seats left at the venue he's playing at, but I think it's small enough that anywhere is good really.
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Post by Alabama Woody »

dunedin wrote:I will see him in June for the first time with Alison Krauss and Kacey Musgraves. Really looking forward to it.
Alison Krauss is awesome live, if Jerry Douglas is with Her you are in for a treat. Much less Willie ....
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
dcmak5
Little Acorn

Post by dcmak5 »

Willie Nelson live still sounds relatively the same as he did at any other point in his career, though his voice has aged. some songs get a bit more spoken than sung

way too many artists have changed their sound in one way or another that sometimes leaves audiences somewhat longing
he's not only one of THE only classic country artists performing that has retained such a "classic" quality, but also one only a handful of artists in any genre that has done so. in that way, he and neil young have a ton in common

any fan should see him live if you haven't, while you've still got the opportunity

here are videos of him playing the same songs now and then for comparison
a lot has changed about his sound, but what's most important is still there

runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

ShermanBeita
Little Bird

Willie Nelson

Post by ShermanBeita »

I downloaded the new Willie Nelson CD Band of Brothers, from Itunes the other day and thought it well worth the dollars if you are a Willie Nelson fan. Not bad for an old fella who wont see 79 again