Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #19 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by Coma16 »

I'd like a slipmat as a 3rd item.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

I want a taco.
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

runofthemill wrote:I want a taco.
I second this motion.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Freter wrote:
I second this motion.
Fish taco?
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Freter
Little Acorn

Post by Freter »

rsimms3 wrote:
Freter wrote:
I second this motion.
Fish taco?
I was thinking more of a big mission style, carnitas filled, monster of a burrito, stuffed with guac, hot sauce, salsa, lettuce, cheese, and refried beans.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Just imagine the damage the USPS would do to that package.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
3rdmwsiy
Little Cream Soda

Post by 3rdmwsiy »

This announcement should be coming in the next week or so ya?

As far as what I would like for the #19 package, live Dead Weather gatefold 2LP set, new DW 7", and a matching DW slipmat!
Safety first...then teamwork
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

3rdmwsiy wrote:This announcement should be coming in the next week or so ya?

As far as what I would like for the #19 package, live Dead Weather gatefold 2LP set, new DW 7", and a matching DW slipmat!

I bet they don't announce anything until closer to the first of the year. Maybe even after the first of the year.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

First quarter deadline is January 31st, so Vault 19 won't be announced until the first week (roughly) of January.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

A package with paramont vol 1.5 2lp with a 78rpm and a DW 7" as 3rd item? That would be great!
td3
Little Bird

Post by td3 »

profsteenmarter wrote:A package with paramont vol 1.5 2lp with a 78rpm and a DW 7" as 3rd item? That would be great!

Hellz yessss! That would be so wonderful. And the 78 should be Jack doing some solo stuff a la Farm Fly Blues. I'd LOVE to get my hands on something like that. I've been hoping for a 78 of Jack solo since day 1. The Paramount addition would be the shit.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

td3 wrote:
profsteenmarter wrote:A package with paramont vol 1.5 2lp with a 78rpm and a DW 7" as 3rd item? That would be great!

Hellz yessss! That would be so wonderful. And the 78 should be Jack doing some solo stuff a la Farm Fly Blues. I'd LOVE to get my hands on something like that. I've been hoping for a 78 of Jack solo since day 1. The Paramount addition would be the shit.
As long as it has a Dead Weather 7", this is a good idea

(Plus a 7" of Top Special)
woodisgood
Little Ghost

Post by woodisgood »

I fear for this coming package . . . I guess TMR is going to continue including a new double A-side DW 7" for the next couple Vaults, which to me are must-haves . . . but if the LP is Pokey, ugh—I don't want that. Love the Pokeymeister but I don't want a live LP of his . . .
"I'd wish you happiness, but I know it'd be detrimental to your art."
Bob_Roberts
Little Cream Soda

Post by Bob_Roberts »

woodisgood wrote:I fear for this coming package . . . I guess TMR is going to continue including a new double A-side DW 7" for the next couple Vaults, which to me are must-haves . . . but if the LP is Pokey, ugh—I don't want that. Love the Pokeymeister but I don't want a live LP of his . . .
+1

I was watching Blackwells Crate Diggers a couple of days ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYUJUTtyhI

I would really dig a Blackwell/White curated 2 LP history of Detroit Rock up to the MC5.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Bob_Roberts wrote:
woodisgood wrote:I fear for this coming package . . . I guess TMR is going to continue including a new double A-side DW 7" for the next couple Vaults, which to me are must-haves . . . but if the LP is Pokey, ugh—I don't want that. Love the Pokeymeister but I don't want a live LP of his . . .
+1

I was watching Blackwells Crate Diggers a couple of days ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbYUJUTtyhI

I would really dig a Blackwell/White curated 2 LP history of Detroit Rock up to the MC5.
Hmm, dunno about how I feel about MC5 on third man