Little People

Re: Vault Questions

Post by love_islander »

dying stereo wrote:Got this mail today:

Dear Andreas
Your subscription has been suspended.

I didn't cancel my subscription.

Anybody has gotten the same email???
I got the same email a few weeks back. I emailed TMR and got no response. I managed to get to the TMR website and it just said that my subscription was suspended - once I re-activated it (I'm sure that was an option on the website) everything looked ok
Melon
Little Ghost

Post by Melon »

If I was charged on November 4th is that the Jack White live or the White Stripes live package?
houses are full of things that gather dust
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

Melon wrote:If I was charged on November 4th is that the Jack White live or the White Stripes live package?
Deadline for JW package was October 31st, so that means you were charged for this one (WS #23)
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Did anyone guess correctly in Blackwell’s latest Vault contest?
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Did anyone guess correctly in Blackwell’s latest Vault contest?
The answer was "CHAOS".
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

runofthemill wrote:
chaptertwentyone wrote:Did anyone guess correctly in Blackwell’s latest Vault contest?
The answer was "CHAOS".
And the question?
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

BOARDING HOUSE REACH TEST PRESSING GIVE AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Photo on 3 23 18 at 1.22 PM

Jack White

“Boarding House Reach”

scum stats: you see what happens when they give me control of the sticker machine?
This is the 50th album release of Jack White’s career. And when I say “release” I mean albums where he performs on every song and is at least a partial songwriter. Took me a minute to realize the depth of that statement…50 albums in less than twenty years. Damn. And the fact that I’ve been along for the release date for every single one of those releases is not lost on me. I am an incredibly lucky individual.
Every new Jack White / Dead Weather / Raconteurs / White Stripes record has ALWAYS been my favorite. “Boarding House Reach” is no exception. This one feels different, in a way I have not felt since “Get Behind Me Satan.” It leaves me feeling invigorated, excited and welcome for the change that it signals. If Jack was just churning out derivative White Stripes formulas this far in, I’d be long gone. The push, drive and exploration from an artist who very likely has nothing inherently to gain in doing so is brave. I mean, most folks would just phone it in, right?
And when I listen to the album…the proof is in the pudding. I wholly welcome this direction and if the three live shows I saw last week are any indication (Friday night was in my top three JW solo shows of all time and probably in my top ten shows I’ve seen him play in any group period) than anyone who gets to catch this tour is in for a wild, rewarding ride.
Honestly, I wasn’t immediately sold when Jack said he was working in ProTools. But once I started to hear the results, it began to make sense. Clearly. The medium was just a method to achieve the desired end-product. The fact that boss man is still pushing himself to be creative, approaching his albums with actual INTENT and not just walking into a studio and saying “alright, here’s the songs, this is the album” and following a predictable flow-chart pattern…that keeps me inspired to continue working hard on getting these records out to as many folks as possible.
And DAMN have we had to press so many vinyl copies of this sucker. At this point, well over 100,0000. And that’s not even including the Vault! As crazy as “Lazaretto” vinyl was, our initial order here dwarfs that one by a solid five figures. If you can’t find this on vinyl, your eyes must be broken.
But in case you’re under a rock, in Antarctica or just flat out broke, I’m giving away a “Boarding House Reach” test pressing here. How do you win it? Easy. I’ve got one word in mind. Five letters. It is not obvious, but it is not terribly crazy either. First person to correctly guess and post that word in the comments gets the test pressing. Please put ONLY one word in your comment. But you can post/guess as many times as you want. Best of luck in the ensuing insanity.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

The contest ended DAYS ago, but people don't seem to know that and keep guessing. :lol:
Datch
Little Acorn

Post by Datch »

runofthemill wrote:The contest ended DAYS ago, but people don't seem to know that and keep guessing. :lol:
I so rarelly check out the vault anymore that I just noticed there was a contest now that you are talking about it here...
“More people know a fragment of his music than know his name.”
anonymousbrunette
Little People

Post by anonymousbrunette »

Payment for Vault #37 was just effected this morning through Paypal for continuing members. I just called to cancel my subscription and Katy helped me out with no hassle. Just a reminder that you can cancel within 24 hours for a full refund.
"I didn't mean to drown myself. I meant to swim till I sank - but that's not the same thing."

My ISO/FS/FT List
http://www.thiscouldgoboom.org