Vault #18

Moller72
Little Ghost

Re: Vault #18

Post by Moller72 »

Kaber wrote:
PugFaceRex wrote:havent compared the two yet--and cant quite remember-- but isn't this set very similar to the Racs @ TMR?
Blue Veins was missing from that Vault Lp
But they did give us a download of it.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

cwja wrote:
mojoryan wrote:
cwja wrote:Really excited for new DW music. As for the rest of the package, I'm really excited about new DW music.
Well, I'll take those nasty Racs pieces off your hands. ;)
Calling them nasty might be going a bit too far. The LP looks really cool, but it's hard to get excited for a third live Racs LP. The best word to describe my feelings toward the rest of the package would be ambivalence.
:lol:
Fair enough.
arewhyehen wrote:...I wonder how different the LP's will actually look from the photos...
I'm sure, quite, but that's the nature of the beast. I'm just damn happy for 180g.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

So they shot the concert in HD but not releasing it on Blu-Ray... Seems like a waste of HD no?
chanticleer
Little Cream Soda

Post by chanticleer »

Nope, I'm out.

Another Racs live LP - the third since the release of their last album, a DVD of the self-same performance, and some DW tracks that'll be on an album in a years' time. Oh, and it seems that we'll be getting similar DW 7"s for the next few packages.

Not for me.
Hans_ka
Little Acorn

Post by Hans_ka »

knoxvle wrote:So they shot the concert in HD but not releasing it on Blu-Ray... Seems like a waste of HD no?
Well, Yes. Blu.ray all around.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

knoxvle wrote:So they shot the concert in HD but not releasing it on Blu-Ray... Seems like a waste of HD no?
Agree. lol any dvd is fine but UGWNL is just great on blue ray.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Great content! My only desire would be for them to return to black vinyl for the vault LPs. With all the commercial releases, you have the option of colored or black vinyl if you so choose to hunt down the variant. With the vault, there is no alternative. 180g will help with warping issues but not so much with surface noise or inconsistencies in the colored vinyl. The 45s, makes no difference to me what color they are because I don't tend to play those as often. C'est la vie.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

I do like the colored vinyl for vault packages. what i don't care is if they are split colors. They can just be one color as long as there 180 gram. Cant wait to get these beauties.
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks.
With four Vault packages coming in 2014, plus this quarter's, that puts the song count to ten with perhaps five being B-side only tracks.
"plus many more album-only tracks" makes me think there will be at least ten other tracks aside from these if not more, this could be one heavy release.

That is of course, if these are released quarterly as Vault 7"s.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
profsteenmarter
Little Acorn

Post by profsteenmarter »

this is unbelievable! 180gr, this package..... :o
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Love it, but the best thing in this announcement is that there'll be no Dead Weather touring for at least 18 months.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

^^ Because there's likely to be Jack touring before then. Time for me to go on a steady Ramen diet to save some $$$, apparently.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

If they can release two Raconteurs live LPs then they can release two Jack Blunderbuss tour LPs too!
The dream is alive. ;)
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Jamie wrote:Love it, but the best thing in this announcement is that there'll be no Dead Weather touring for at least 18 months.
Where does it say that?
Why is that a good/bad thing?
Are you hoping Jack only plays two shows in 2014 as well?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

Stl_ben wrote:
Jamie wrote:Love it, but the best thing in this announcement is that there'll be no Dead Weather touring for at least 18 months.
Where does it say that?
Why is that a good/bad thing?
Are you hoping Jack only plays two shows in 2014 as well?
I assumed, since his bands only tour when new albums are out, with the exception of a couple of Racs shows in 2011.
It's good because I don't like them and it frees him up for touring something I do like.
No, I'd be happy with 102 shows in 2014.