Vault #18

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #18

Post by trickster »

VAULT PACKAGE #18
Posted by The Vault

THIRD MAN RECORDS PRESENTS FINAL VAULT PACKAGE OF 2013: THE RACONTEURS LIVE AT THE RYMAN AUDITORIUM LP & DVD

THE DEAD WEATHER "Open Up (That's Enough)" / "Rough Detective" 7-INCH

Subscription Deadline October 31st

Summer is turning to fall. Days are getting shorter, nights are getting longer. The smell of burning leaves and car tires fills the air and Third Man proudly preps its final Vault package for the 2013 calendar.

The LP this coming quarter is a stunning live recording of the Raconteurs live at the Ryman Auditorium. Recorded from their most recent spell of shows in September 2011, the set is chock-full of all the unforgettable original tunes (no covers!) that make this band so essential. Of particular import are the barnstorming, bring-the-house down versions of "Blue Veins" and "Carolina Drama" both clocking in at over ten minutes in length. You like horn sections? Then dig the crack team on "The Switch and the Spur" and "Many Shades of Black." The band captured here hits the mark at full-throttle. Pressed on two LPs of 180-gram vinyl goodness, disc one on a rich rawhide and tobacco colored vinyl and disc two on luscious gold and oil colored vinyl.

The 7" this go-round is incredibly special. Two BRAND NEW studio recordings from the Dead Weather. "Open Up (That's Enough)" and "Rough Detective" are unlike anything else the band has ever done and are both ample reminders of the ferocity of this motley collection of low-lifes, grifters and ne'er-do-wells. These songs are not throw-aways. These songs are not demos. These songs are not outtakes. This 7" will ONLY be available via Vault subscription. No other 7" of these songs will be made. The whole thing is pressed on striking yellow jacket vinyl and coupled with a custom glue-pocket picture sleeve, a slight shift from the Vault's usual die-cut company sleeves.

Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.

Our bonus item here is a companion DVD of the Raconteurs performance from the Ryman Auditorium. The four camera, high-definition shoot includes the venue (the venerable Ryman, where everyone from Hank Williams to Harry Houdini has performed) as an essential character. There's a reason why folks call the Ryman "the mother church" and we think this film illustrates the reasoning behind that precisely and pricelessly. To not only hear, but see the Raconteurs at their arguable zenith is a treat unparalleled.

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
curseofhalos

Re: Vault #18

Post by curseofhalos »

LOVE IT! I can't wait to spin that 7" and relive that glorious night!
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

There's that DVD!
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Holy shit...... This is amazing. New studio Dead Weather. Racs Live. And the best part? 180 GRAM LP.

Yes please.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

trickster wrote: Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.
Wait, whut? Jack's got a long-term plan for one of his bands? Not spur of the moment? I can't wrap my head around that.

But I don't have to, 'cause we got Racs galore in this package! Glory hallelujah :D
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I know I said I'm tired of live LP's (and I am) but holy shit, what a package! I was at that Ryman show so I'm actually excited about this. And new music from the Dead Weather too?? In the Vault?? Outstanding!

Hell of a package.

Last edited by shaneoftheroad on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

This quote has me really excited for the DVD:

"The four camera, high-definition shoot includes the venue (the venerable Ryman, where everyone from Hank Williams to Harry Houdini has performed) as an essential character. There's a reason why folks call the Ryman "the mother church" and we think this film illustrates the reasoning behind that precisely and pricelessly."
rival
Little Ghost

Post by rival »

Very cool...I'll be re-subscribing on the 15th. Looks like a brilliant package.
Hey, it's just a fucking record. Chill.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very cool that Houdini performed there.

And my name's still Veruca. The next three months had better fly by.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

They've added a sample of "Open Up (That's Enough)" on the Vault.

"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
maxman142001
Little Ghost

Post by maxman142001 »

So stoked about this package...like the change up :)
<<Jack White>> @Maxman142001 'let me tell you about my baby she was born out in arizona..."
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Um..... WOW
This is amazing!!!!!!
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.
So does this mean the 7'' vinyls in all the next vault packs are going to be new dead weather songs? Idk i was kinda confused by this.

Also very very very excited for this! awesome package!
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

Getbacktogether wrote:
So does this mean the 7'' vinyls in all the next vault packs are going to be new dead weather songs? Idk i was kinda confused by this.

Also very very very excited for this! awesome package!
No i think just the first one. Kinda like TMR-001 I think?