Vault #18

curseofhalos

Re: Vault #18

Post by curseofhalos »

Getbacktogether wrote:
Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.
So does this mean the 7'' vinyls in all the next vault packs are going to be new dead weather songs? Idk i was kinda confused by this.

Also very very very excited for this! awesome package!
That's how I understood it to be.
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

havent compared the two yet--and cant quite remember-- but isn't this set very similar to the Racs @ TMR?
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

PugFaceRex wrote:havent compared the two yet--and cant quite remember-- but isn't this set very similar to the Racs @ TMR?
Aren't all Racs sets quite similar ?
Never trust a hippy
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

PugFaceRex wrote:havent compared the two yet--and cant quite remember-- but isn't this set very similar to the Racs @ TMR?
I'd assume so, they happened days apart.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Blue Veins was missing from that Vault Lp
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

curseofhalos wrote:
Getbacktogether wrote:
Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.
So does this mean the 7'' vinyls in all the next vault packs are going to be new dead weather songs? Idk i was kinda confused by this.

Also very very very excited for this! awesome package!
That's how I understood it to be.
Me too. I hope they clarify lol. But still super excited for this lol
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

Detailed pics added to the TMR splash page:

Those LPs and the 45 look gorgeous. And 180 gram just absolutely seals the deal. Cannot wait.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:Those LPs and the 45 look gorgeous. And 180 gram just absolutely seals the deal. Cannot wait.
I'm sitting here literally salivating. Why does this stuff affect me this way?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

180!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:Image
Do you guys think the photos there will be included in the DVD package? Or do you think it's just for preview purposes?
mirrorboxer
Little Cream Soda

Post by mirrorboxer »

Yahtzee!
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Glad they are going away from the b&bs in the vault. My last one was 75% black
a_fiendish_thingy
Little Cream Soda

Post by a_fiendish_thingy »

shaneoftheroad wrote: Do you guys think the photos there will be included in the DVD package? Or do you think it's just for preview purposes?
Unfortunately I am sure its just for preview purposes. They did the same thing for Vault 15 and it didnt come with anything like that. (see here: http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/vault-package-15)
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
shaneoftheroad wrote: Do you guys think the photos there will be included in the DVD package? Or do you think it's just for preview purposes?
Unfortunately I am sure its just for preview purposes. They did the same thing for Vault 15 and it didnt come with anything like that. (see here: http://thirdmanrecords.com/news/view/vault-package-15)
I would love for them to be on the package, even if they're little versions.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

a_fiendish_thingy wrote:
Yup. I believe you are correct. No complaints here. I can't wait to see the show again!