Vault #18

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #18

Post by rsimms3 »

FYI - I asked Swank during the Vault Chat about the missing track on the LP, it was left off the LP and the DVD due to technical difficulties with the audio. Also, the DW tracks will not be free to Vault members (at least that's how I am reading it assuming he is talking about DW and not the whole package). He didn't say what the distribution channel will be, maybe it will use the new ADA connection.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
JonnyH
Little Ghost

Post by JonnyH »

rsimms3 wrote:FYI - I asked Swank during the Vault Chat about the missing track on the LP, it was left off the LP and the DVD due to technical difficulties with the audio. Also, the DW tracks will not be free to Vault members, he also didn't say what the distribution channel will be, maybe it will use the new ADA connection.
I would think the digital distribution would just be via iTunes like they have done in the past.
I don't know for certain, but it seems like the easiest way to do it.
Last edited by JonnyH on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Or a download from the Vault or tmr.com on-line store, as they did with Blue Veins from the Racs @ TMR package.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Or a download from the Vault or tmr.com on-line store, as they did with Blue Veins from the Racs @ TMR package.
Blue Veins was free, he said these tracks won't be and TMR hasn't done digital distribution sales through their website before.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

The platform their on-line store is set up on is a pain in the ass to work with (my company's site uses it, as well), but it's also pretty robust. It could probably be done.

I'm saying this hopefully because I hate iTunes and don't want to have to install it on my computer.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Vytis33
Little Cream Soda

Post by Vytis33 »

This is one awesome Vault package! Makes #17 look like chopped liver.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote: I'm saying this hopefully because I hate iTunes and don't want to have to install it on my computer.
I'm with you there, but I'll save my pennies either way and digitize the 7" myself.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Very true! Dunno why I'm concerned about the digital versions at all. My brain's totally muddled by the Racs portion of this announcement.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Whilst I would like lots of new Dead Weather now, a tour in 2015 means I might be able to catch it (I might get out of this country before then!).

Looking forward to the package
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Grumble grumble another live album grumble grumble too similar to Racs at TMR grumble grumble probably won't even look like it does on the preview anyway grumble grumble.

/grumble.

I do actually quite like this pack.
Patient B1003
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

this.......is......EPIC! thank you tmr.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

Even after the vault chat im still a little confused on if the Dead weather 2 song sets will be released with the future vault packages lol.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Getbacktogether wrote:Even after the vault chat im still a little confused on if the Dead weather 2 song sets will be released with the future vault packages lol.
Seems that they have no specific plans either way at this point--

<ArminTamzarian> Is the 7" going to be Dead Weather for the next few packages?
<Ben Swank> @ArminTamzarian we'll release them as we get them.. can't guarantee it'll be every package

Gonna have to just wait and see. You should be used to that by now ;)
cwja
Little Ghost

Post by cwja »

Getbacktogether wrote:Even after the vault chat im still a little confused on if the Dead weather 2 song sets will be released with the future vault packages lol.
My understanding, based on his responses in the vault chat, is that the two song sets will all be released on vinyl via vault packs, but not all future vault packs will necessarily include a new DW 7".

<Marc Elliott> will the new DW releases be on7'' ?
<Ben Swank> @Marc Elliott not outside of the Vault
Last edited by cwja on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

Kali Durga wrote:
Seems that they have no specific plans either way at this point--

<ArminTamzarian> Is the 7" going to be Dead Weather for the next few packages?
<Ben Swank> @ArminTamzarian we'll release them as we get them.. can't guarantee it'll be every package

Gonna have to just wait and see. You should be used to that by now ;)
If we got 2 7" next year, I think we'd be lucky. I'm certainly happy to have one every package until the new album though ;)