Vault #18

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #18

Post by rsimms3 »

josephodonnell wrote:Anyone else feeling misled after the new DW single was marketed as only being available through the vault however they're releasing it digitally?
If you follow the Vault Chat thread it was mentioned some time ago that it would be available digitally.

Posted back in October (can't find the original "announcement" yet)
<rsimms3> @Ben Swank how will the digital distribution of the DW track work?
<Ben Swank> @rsimms3 it will go up after we deliver the package
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

josephodonnell wrote:Anyone else feeling misled after the new DW single was marketed as only being available through the vault however they're releasing it digitally?
That's not what they said

"The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first."
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

That wasn't how I understood it
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Yep, just found it in the original announcement.
Is there more to come from this? Yes there is. The Dead Weather's plan is to record and release two-song sets until 2015 at which time they will release a full album that contains these singles plus many more album-only tracks. It's a unique long-term plan for new music from this incendiary group. The songs WILL be released digitally, but not until Vault packages have been dispatched to subscribers. The goal is that physical copies are out there first.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

In their defense, songs aren't available for download yet.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

One of them is..... ;)
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

I ha understood it that the tracks would be available digitally, but only available on vinyl through the Vault. As long as these don't come out on black wax in the TMR main store (or some RSD version) an are only ever available on vinyl in vault packs, I won't feel misled... I have no problem with the digital tracks, not every Dead Weather fan is into vinyl (though they should be imo), and not every Dead Weather fan is a Vault member (though, again, they shoul be imo), and they have to get the tracks into the ears of fans somehow...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:One of them is..... ;)
Not legally...... ;)
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Jettkoral wrote:
Not legally...... ;)
Pffft, it's on YouTube.....
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

rsimms3 wrote:
Jettkoral wrote:
Not legally...... ;)
Pffft, it's on YouTube.....
;)
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

jrfhoutx wrote:I ha understood it that the tracks would be available digitally, but only available on vinyl through the Vault. As long as these don't come out on black wax in the TMR main store (or some RSD version) an are only ever available on vinyl in vault packs, I won't feel misled... I have no problem with the digital tracks, not every Dead Weather fan is into vinyl (though they should be imo), and not every Dead Weather fan is a Vault member (though, again, they shoul be imo), and they have to get the tracks into the ears of fans somehow...
Well these songs will be on the actual album (in 2015?) so prepared to be disappointed.
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I wouldn't have a problem with the singles being on black vinyl, as long as future Vault packages don't become dependent on color variants of planned releases.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Just got mine today. I absolutely love the package but the a side of my DW 7" is off center and plays like shit. I really like the color of all the wax I got and the lp sounds really great. I'll save the DVD till after MNF, I really need to see the lions lose.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Coma16 wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:I ha understood it that the tracks would be available digitally, but only available on vinyl through the Vault. As long as these don't come out on black wax in the TMR main store (or some RSD version) an are only ever available on vinyl in vault packs, I won't feel misled... I have no problem with the digital tracks, not every Dead Weather fan is into vinyl (though they should be imo), and not every Dead Weather fan is a Vault member (though, again, they shoul be imo), and they have to get the tracks into the ears of fans somehow...
Well these songs will be on the actual album (in 2015?) so prepared to be disappointed.
If they release all the songs from the album through the vault then want to release some singles from the album, they'll have to release some songs we got in the packs on 7"s.

But if we end up getting singles with different bsides that come in different artwork then it's ok with me.
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Flipped over to side B (unplayed) to find this.
Not a hair, not a clothing fiber, but a scratch.
Now spinning to see the problem it'll cause.
EDIT: A sigh of relief, no problem at all.

free image hosting
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”