Vault #18

jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: Vault #18

Post by jrfhoutx »

Coma16 wrote:
jrfhoutx wrote:I ha understood it that the tracks would be available digitally, but only available on vinyl through the Vault. As long as these don't come out on black wax in the TMR main store (or some RSD version) an are only ever available on vinyl in vault packs, I won't feel misled... I have no problem with the digital tracks, not every Dead Weather fan is into vinyl (though they should be imo), and not every Dead Weather fan is a Vault member (though, again, they shoul be imo), and they have to get the tracks into the ears of fans somehow...
Well these songs will be on the actual album (in 2015?) so prepared to be disappointed.
Not the same thing. They were promoted as vault exclusive 7"s of songs that would be on the album, so I expect them to be on the album when its released, but I don't expect the 7"s to ever be pressed to black and sold publicly. If they were, that would disappoint me.

As for public release singles, if the album is going to be made up of the vault released tracks and then some, then I don't see why they couldn't release some of the other non-vault tracks as singles. Then again some of the vault released tracks could end up not making the album... 2015 is a long way off, so time will tell...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

chaptertwentyone wrote:Flipped over to side B (unplayed) to find this.
Not a hair, not a clothing fiber, but a scratch.
Now spinning to see the problem it'll cause.
EDIT: A sigh of relief, no problem at all.

free image hosting
There was apparently a lot of this on these records. Mine's got one and I've heard of a handful more.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

I played both LPs again last night and the warp issue on LP2 didn't seem bad enough to send back. I think I can live with it (but not happy with the quality control). Is it the packaging that does it?
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Got mine today. What a great package! Both my LP's look amazing and the DW 7" either! Haven't seen the DVD yet, but the packing looks really good to me. My only complaint is that my LP2 sleeve came a little damaged, but I'll blame the non-gatefold packing for that.
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

How long should I wait before sending them another email? I sent an email as soon as I went through and played all my records and found the DW 7" off center causing awful playback. That was Monday morning and I haven't heard back yet. I don't want to seem impatient especially with the holidays.
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
shteev
Little Ghost

Post by shteev »

They will get back to your I'm sure they are very busy right now as you said, with the holidays and what not. Give it a few more days and then send them a friendly reminder of your inquiry.
I could be wronga,,,I could be rright.
Coma16
Little Cream Soda

Post by Coma16 »

littleacorn wrote:How long should I wait before sending them another email? I sent an email as soon as I went through and played all my records and found the DW 7" off center causing awful playback. That was Monday morning and I haven't heard back yet. I don't want to seem impatient especially with the holidays.
In my experience they reply within a day or 2. I'd give it until tomorrow morning and then email again. Good luck!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

Thanks! I just don't wanna come off as an asshat. :D
"Jack White shreds like a man who met the devil at the crossroads and punched him in the nuts"
mordecaibrown
Little Cream Soda

Post by mordecaibrown »

littleacorn wrote:Thanks! I just don't wanna come off as an asshat. :D
3 of my last 5 have been warped. The asshat is the person who decided to package a 45 inside of a LP.
Thinking is the best way to travel. - The Moody Blues
tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

tardis20 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
tardis20 wrote:
Stay Gold wrote:
tardis20 wrote:
Stay Gold wrote:
tardis20 wrote:
arewhyehen wrote:
tardis20 wrote:S in MI arrived! However I'm missing the DW 7"!!! Anyone else have it missing???
cut open the plastic on the LP and look inside ;)

made the same mistake on my first vault too
I am somewhat new to Swirl and Vault (I started at #14) but I did open the shrink wrap...nothing. I know it's inside the LP but it wasn't this time. I checked quite a few times to make sure I wasn't crazy since TMR is excellent in shipping...
Perhaps I got yours. Mine came with 2
Seriously?? Wow. If you're serious then probably, haha. I emailed TMR Vault yesterday with no reply yet. Not sure how I can convince them and the forum I don't have, haha…
I know, when i opened mine the first thing I thought was I hope I didn't take away from anybody else's package. I'm sure Third Man will hook you up, but if for some reason they don't, I'll give you my extra.
Very generous, thank you! I hope to hear from them Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.
Third man is quite good at taking care of their customers
Yeah for sure! My first Vault - Jack White live - the nice sleeve was cracked and they sent a replacement sleeve which was awesome!
TMR is sending out my 7". Glad they go by the honest policy, hopefully no one abuses that... Thanks @StayGold for the kind offer!
littleacorn
Little Ghost

Post by littleacorn »

They want mine back they sent me a shipping label and told me to send it back within ten days. Ill tell ya one thing I ain't sending the sleeve back because that thing is mint.
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

FINALLY got shipping notification for mine
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Finally got mine today! Just now listening for the first time, but I took pictures because I think the colors came out beautifully on mine:

tardis20
Little Bird

Post by tardis20 »

My one LP looks like just a yellow gold record with a few swirls. My other one looks brown until hold up to the light but not much black wisps…no warping though which is good…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sjcapps07
Little Acorn

Post by sjcapps07 »

Whoa, tardis20, you barely got any wisps at all! I like the look of the gold one a lot.

(Also, your username is very timey-wimey!)