Vault issues (technical)

rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault issues (technical)

Post by rsimms3 »

I've been logged in through Chrome all week, no problems. It's changed appearance a bit, but no issues at all.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Can't log in with Netscape. What is wrong?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

rsimms3 wrote:I don't think it's their platform, I think they are just inattentive/over attentive. The last monthly sale item was up for 2 months, they put up new items and immediately remove them as soon as they are sold out (ala Refresh-a-thon) and didn't remove the old items from the store until the next day. Part of it might have been their system, but it's more like they do what they can or want whenever it suits them. Record of the week? More like record of whenever we remember that "record of the week" is still a thing.
But how would what you're describing cause an issue with users logging in? Unless either something went wonky with the platform itself (which could have contributed to them having issues setting things up) or they did something wonky in all their taking down/putting up of stuff. One friend of mine was told by TMR to clear her cookies and has apparently not had any problems since. I've been trying to access the Vault on both Chrome and Firefox and I've cleared my cache on both, but no dice. It's certainly not the end of the world if I'm not able to babble in the comments section, but definitely aggravating for anyone who couldn't access the Novelties store. Anyone else having Modlife flashbacks...?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Well, let's trouble shoot. What happens when you try to log in? This is the link I get when I'm logged out and go to log in -

https://thirdmanstore.com/customer/acco ... x0L2hvbWUv

It looks different to me, looks like the regular store login instead of the Vault login like it was previously. After I put in my credentials I am then sent back to the Vault main page. I took that link, pasted it into IE and it worked without issue.

Are you sure your subscription is still active? Problems with payment method?

EDIT: Also - if I go to the regular TMR store, log in, and then select under the Vault tab "Enter the Vault" I'm logged into the Vault.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yup, that's exactly what's been happening to me, and when I land back on the Vault main page it still says "log in" instead of "logged in". So I just tried what you did-- Pasted the url in IE. It also took me to the Third Man Store log in page instead of the Vault log in page, but when I entered my credentials it logged me in as it should. Also just tried it in Firefox here on my work computer (I normally use Chrome at work) and it also worked as it should. So it seems that the Vault log in page and the TMR Store log in page are somehow mixed up, but it is still working. What's weird to me now is that clearing my cache in Chrome at work and Firefox at home didn't resolve the problem.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Sooo, you got into the Vault and can make snarky comments on my behalf now?
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Yeah, if I use either IE or Firefox. Still can't access it via Chrome on my work computer the way I usually do. And I'd be happy to make snarky comments on your behalf, but you also got into it via IE so it'd probably be just as well if you express your own snark.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Although I can log in through Chrome and IE, our office has installed an anti-snark filter so every time I hit "submit" the page just refreshes and nothing happens. :wtf:
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

But it only works for the Vault site?
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

I tried Chrome, IE and Firefox and had no problems with any of those.
edwardcarlton
Little Bird

Post by edwardcarlton »

I only have issues when I try to log in with Safari. I can access the novelty store through Safari, but I cannot do anything else (read news, vault chat...). I don't have any issues when I try to log in with FireFox. Everything works fine with that web browser. So go figure
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:But it only works for the Vault site?
No, it works on all the interwebz.
dunedin
Little Ghost

Post by dunedin »

OK I've just discovered that if I click on a link from the TMR Vault Twitter I am asked to log in, then when I click login it says that I am already logged in.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Just cleared my cache in Chrome again and now it's working as it should.
Aquamarine
Little Ghost

Post by Aquamarine »

I finally got a response from them that just told me to do what I was already doing. I cleared the cookies from all my devices yesterday and it made no difference, not least because periodically different things happen that still ultimately lead to me not being able to get/stay in. I use Chrome on my desktop and Safari on my mobile devices, and am having problems with both. I'd just give up if it wasn't for the fact that at some point I may want to enter a pre-sale again. Not to mention the fact that I'm paying for content I'm not getting.