Vault issues (technical)

Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault issues (technical)

Post by Alabama Woody »

Believe it or not I think these singles will sell easily on eBay or here if someone misses the package. I also think it's a good one to sit on for a value increase in the future. But if you need the $60 worse right now I would contact TMR And try to get it fixed. It is quite a while before it ships giving them plenty of time to help you make sure you have got 2 accounts set up and get a refund on the third one. It's a hassle but can be done. This shit ain't supposed to be that hard !!!!
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Alabama Woody wrote:Believe it or not I think these singles will sell easily on eBay or here if someone misses the package. I also think it's a good one to sit on for a value increase in the future. But if you need the $60 worse right now I would contact TMR And try to get it fixed. It is quite a while before it ships giving them plenty of time to help you make sure you have got 2 accounts set up and get a refund on the third one. It's a hassle but can be done. This shit ain't supposed to be that hard !!!!
I'll survive without the $60, and already have a possible taker, but it's just frustrating. You're right; it ISN'T supposed to be that hard, and believe me, I don't fault Cam (or anyone else) for the issue, as Cam worked diligently to fix the problem before...and we thought we had. I think some of the problems are beyond their know-how, ya know?
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Want to change my Vault username.
Have done that before but can't figure it out now...?
I'd like to sleep 100 days, my feeling has gone, flesh cold and numb.
Jack Horner
Little Bird

Post by Jack Horner »

Bikedo wrote:Want to change my Vault username.
I've never changed mine, but I do have an option to in My Account, however it says that it can't be undone. I guess you can only do it once.
Meg is my favourite.
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

Jack Horner wrote: I've never changed mine, but I do have an option to in My Account, however it says that it can't be undone. I guess you can only do it once.
Hope it's still reversible.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

This used to be an option in the new Vault.
You could change your username every 5 seconds if you wanted to.
But then some people used this feature to cause trouble and TMR disabled it.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Bikedo
Little Ghost

Post by Bikedo »

trickster wrote:
How very annoying.
Oh well, guess I'm stuck with RimJobsRule for a while then.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Bikedo wrote:
trickster wrote:
How very annoying.
Oh well, guess I'm stuck with RimJobsRule for a while then.
Emailing Cam would help, but I'd suggest you wait a little bit more.
Things must still be hectic at The Vault HQ.
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
BlackJackDavey
Little Bird

Post by BlackJackDavey »

My vault subscription keeps being cancelled and it's super frustrating.

I pay for the subscription via PayPal and my understanding is that it should auto renew. I've had this problem in the past, where I've gotten a cancelation email in between packages and have just signed up again by purchasing another subscription. I even contacted TMR before and was told that they must not have been able to process my payment and to just sign up again. This has been annoying, but no big deal.

Back on the 5th, I got an email saying my subscription was cancelled. This was the day IWTBTBTWYMH leftovers went up in the novelties store, so I quickly signed up so I could buy one of the leftover 7"s. I was then able to make a purchase via the novelties store. I thought I was good to go again.

I received another cancellation email on Saturday. I was already charged the $60 the previous Monday when I re-signed up, so I'm not going to pay another $60 for access I already paid for. Instead, I emailed TMR, but haven't heard back. I didn't check to see if I could access chat or the novelties store, but did notice my subscription was listed as active under the Subscriptions section of My Account.

Today, I got yet ANOTHER cancellation email. Subscription is still listed as active, but I can't access chat or purchase anything from the novelties store.

Really frustrated at this point. I haven't cancelled it. Nor has my paypal or credit card info changed. I don't understand what's going on.

Has anyone here encountered this before? Does anyone have a way to contact TMR via phone? There used to be a number up on the site, but I can no longer find it.
circecoen
Little Bird

Post by circecoen »

BlackJackDavey wrote:Does anyone have a way to contact TMR via phone? There used to be a number up on the site, but I can no longer find it.
You seem to be in a real pickle here. I hope this helps. I found it in the FAQ page.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with anything. We strive to answer all inquiries as soon as we can.
Responses will be quickest during working hours (Mon-Fri 9-5 CST).
vault@thirdmanrecords.com / 615-891-4393 ext. 315

Good luck with that! It looks quite odd, but I'm sure they'll be able to help. They always seem to try. Fingers crossed!
BlackJackDavey
Little Bird

Post by BlackJackDavey »

Thank you! I had looked in the FAQ, but must've overlooked the number somehow. I'll give them a couple days to sort it out via email before bothering them via phone. Fingers crossed!
BlackJackDavey
Little Bird

Post by BlackJackDavey »

Seems like I wasn't the only person with this issue, but happy to report I got a response today and my account is back up and running!

Thank you for your message, and I apologize for the frustrating issue you've been experiencing with your account. Unfortunately our automated system and PayPal had somewhat of a communications hiccup earlier this week resulting in the inadvertent cancelation of several accounts. This problem has been identified and corrected by our IT department, so it shouldn't happen again in the future. At this time, your account is listed as Active, and I've gone in and corrected the last small error that was most likely to blame for your not being able to access the Vault website. Please allow 24 hours for this change to take effect, after which point you should be good to go. Your patience is appreciated, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks again for reaching out, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
-Brett
TMR Vault
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

Well, Vault 22 marks the second Vault package in a row for which my household paid for three subscriptions, and only (initially) received two. For Vault 21 I messaged Cam, and it was taken care of; for Vault 22 I've messaged him twice, now, without so much as a reply. That isn't like him. Does anyone know if Cam is still there? I'd hate to think he isn't-he always does anything in his power to make things right.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

I don't know about Cam and the vault@ e-mail account, but I do know that they're apparently just now beginning to catch up on e-mails sent to sales@ during the holiday season. Seems they were overwhelmed in December.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

mojoryan wrote:Well, Vault 22 marks the second Vault package in a row for which my household paid for three subscriptions, and only (initially) received two. For Vault 21 I messaged Cam, and it was taken care of; for Vault 22 I've messaged him twice, now, without so much as a reply. That isn't like him. Does anyone know if Cam is still there? I'd hate to think he isn't-he always does anything in his power to make things right.
Cam is still there and very much in charge of Vault things. I didn't post an update, but he was very courteous and helpful in getting me my replacement for LP1 of Vault 21. I found that calling right at 9am local time worked best. First time I got him in person, second time I got his voicemail and he called me back same day regarding my message. It should be better now, but around Christmas trying to contact TMR was fruitless.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom