Vault #17

trickster
Greek Mod

Vault #17

Post by trickster »

V A U L T P L A T I N U M P A C K A G E # 1 7

And now to the announcement of the latest Vault Platinum Package… lucky number 17. With all of the blood, sweat and tears that has gone on behind the scenes here to build the new Vault service it quickly became apparent to us there could only be one package that would be worthy of our inaugural offering under the new Vault banner.

One of the highlights of our year (so far) has been the esteemed honor of hosting country music legend Willie Nelson here at Third Man to celebrate his 80th birthday. On April 18th of this year Willie played a concert with some guest musicians, among them real life legacy artists, but also importantly, some handpicked sidemen from the house of Third Man. This special performance for CMTs prestigious Crossroads TV show was all caught and camera and broadcast. Behind the scenes, we were rolling tape on that historic show (as is Third Man's way) and every song (even those non-broadcast) was captured on beautiful, warm-sounding analog tape by our crack team of engineers. It was in many respects a perfect evening.

We are very proud to present one of the most heartwarming, intimate, and downright legendary shows we've ever had the pleasure of hosting within our walls. Ladies and Gentleman a big thank you to Mr. Willie Nelson and all of the amazing artists involved for the opportunity for us to present to you… The Vault Platinum Package #17.
WILLIE NELSON & FRIENDS LIVE AT THIRD MAN RECORDS
This is a beautifully-packaged, 3-sided double LP with a gatefold sleeve of the Willie Nelson & Friends concert, with performances as of yet unreleased and unheard! Featuring Willie Nelson, Jack White, Neil Young, Leon Russell, Norah Jones, Sheryl Crow and Ashley Monroe pressed on Smokey Grey and Bio-Diesel Green Vinyl with an etched graphic of Willie's guitar "Trigger" on the D-Side this is an outstanding LP visually and audibly for casual fans and collectors alike!

TRACK LIST
"Roll Me Up"
"Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground" - with Ashley Monroe (Unreleased)
"Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain" - with Ashley Monroe
"Funny How Time Slips Away" - with Norah Jones
"I Gotta Get Drunk" - with Norah Jones (Unreleased)
"Sail Away" - with Neil Young (Unreleased)
"Long May You Run" - with Neil Young
"Far Away Places" - with Sheryl Crow
"Whiskey River" - with Neil Young, Ashley Monroe, Sheryl Crow, Norah Jones, Jamey Johnson
"A Song For You" - with Leon Russell
"Heartbreak Hotel" - with Leon Russell (Unreleased)
"Red Headed Stranger" (Broadcast Version) - with Jack White

WILLIE NELSON & JACK WHITE RECORDING BOOTH 6-INCH RECORD
The second item in this stellar package is Third Man's first-ever 6" record, pressed on transparent yellow vinyl, with an etched b-side and housed in a 6" die-cut sleeve. The A-side captures one of those near mythological musical moments , something that could only happen here at Third Man, of Jack White and Willie Nelson dueting together on "Red Headed Stranger" in Third Man's Voice-O-Graph Recording Booth. This is a version not shown on television and was recorded live in the TMR Recording Booth.

DELUXE FOLD OUT POSTER
Behold the double sided, foldout, metallic printed poster on special heavy stock paper… One side features Willie Nelson in the TMR Recording Booth and the flip is an all new Metallic Platinum Vault Design. Double the bang for your buck!

Lastly, we will be doing something special to thank our returning Vault members and welcome our new ones. With this Vault Package 17 only, members will receive a membership kit at no additional charge to their Platinum service!

WARDENCLYFFE TOWER DESIGN STICKER
New Vault Wardenclyffe Tower design sticker in metallic print.

LAPEL PIN
This is a super stylish enamel lapel pin, it's 2 colored, key shaped and it rules the school.

RECORD TOPPER
A really cool double sided silver print die cut DIY paper model kit that when assembled sits on top of your turntable and spins with your record. Looks great in action or sitting on your shelf!

Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: Vault #17

Post by Kali Durga »

Very cool.

Wait, what's that about "click here to see special bonus item"? Something in addition to the usual three items?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Nvm!
Last edited by Jettkoral on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runofthemill
Little Ghost

Post by runofthemill »

Yuck nothing, I love it.
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

looks like they heard me when i said i want a poster lol
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

Kali Durga wrote:Very cool.

Wait, what's that about "click here to see special bonus item"? Something in addition to the usual three items?
It's the stuff in the second picture, they'll use that first picture on the main page and it will be clickable to see the second picture.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
Getbacktogether
Little Acorn

Post by Getbacktogether »

and i love the extras. they out did them selves with that!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Oh wait all I saw was the bonus items. This is bad ass.
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

HOLY SHIT!
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Jamie
Little Ghost

Post by Jamie »

I like it. I'm not a fan of any of those artists really, but if we have to have a non-Jack-band package I'm glad it's someone of high calibre. The poster looks cool as hell, but the word 'foldout' always makes me cringe.
mbowers
Little Cream Soda

Post by mbowers »

This is the vault package that I secretly hoped for and dared not mention. This is exactly what I wanted. YES!
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Yeah, surreeee....bio diesel green.....THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO THINK!
tanzaib
Little Ghost

Post by tanzaib »

Very nice...
<tanzaib> any news on vault 26
<Jack White> @tanzaib cass corridor looming large in all of our lives around here
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vault #17

Post by Alabama Woody »

Love it ! The 12" that is, all 3 sides.
Will be interesting to check out the other items once I get them. Surprised but not disappointed at all. This is going go be enjoyable to listen to. Loved the show and the musicians involved .

Neil Young, Norah Jones , etc.

Nice .
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Without listening to this yet, this is my least favorite announcement....but hope I am 100% wrong. The bonus items really pull it up for me though as I like them A LOT!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net