Vault 15

CatchHell66
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault 15

Post by CatchHell66 »

JSusi wrote:
Bergkamp10 wrote:Did they ask you for a video of the record originally?

They asked me.
I had links to the pics and videos in my initial email.
Same here, also had issues with #14 - #15 and sent them pictures of the warped records but Cam asked me to make a video too.
I guess they are trying to cut down on replacements because i'm sure there are people out there who try to make an extra $ on a replacement while their own was ok to begin with..
jrfhoutx
Flipper

Post by jrfhoutx »

CatchHell66 wrote:
JSusi wrote:

They asked me.
Same here, also had issues with #14 - #15 and sent them pictures of the warped records but Cam asked me to make a video too.
I guess they are trying to cut down on replacements because i'm sure there are people out there who try to make an extra $ on a replacement while their own was ok to begin with..
Hate to say it but this all started with the Racs@TMR pack, when they started sending multiple replacements to the same people, told those people to do whatever they wanted to do with the messed up records, and those people started selling 'em for ridiculous prices on ebay without stating that there were issues with the discs... I think once some people realized that they could get multiple replacements just by saying that there was a problem with the disc, people started really taking advantage of it, which is really sad because it started with a legitimate QC issue...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

jrfhoutx wrote:
CatchHell66 wrote:
JSusi wrote:

They asked me.
Hate to say it but this all started with the Racs@TMR pack, when they started sending multiple replacements to the same people, told those people to do whatever they wanted to do with the messed up records, and those people started selling 'em for ridiculous prices on ebay without stating that there were issues with the discs... I think once some people realized that they could get multiple replacements just by saying that there was a problem with the disc, people started really taking advantage of it, which is really sad because it started with a legitimate QC issue...
+1 about people taking advantage of the situation, but I'm a repeat offender when it comes to complaining over quality issues, because there really are issues. I sent mine back when asked though, and happily did so: I just want and expect a quality product. But, like I said, I'm letting this one slide...I can't bring myself to formally complain this soon.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Vault 15

Post by Nicode70 »

I wouldn't have complained if the play of the LP wasn't affected. I have a lot of warped vinyls.

Strange thing is that Cam did not ask me to send the faulty one back.
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Got mine today! The LP is a little warped, but nothing serious nor even unplayable.
Must admit I wasn't expecting something that good for the 7". That version of SASG is absolutely awesome and SBYAK is really nice! But I miss some recording info on this. Can anybody tell me when were these tracks recorded?
A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

luccamezz wrote:Can anybody tell me when were these tracks recorded?
All the info's in the original Vault announcement from January 3rd-- http://modlife.com/thirdmanrecords/blog/all/2#blog24705
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Vault 15

Post by Nicode70 »

I got the replacement from TMR. It's more warped than the first one. But playback is fine, so i'll stick with it.

The label says "Hand checked" though...

They only sent the lp in the inner sleeve. A clever way to prevent abuses.
Jettkoral
Little People

Post by Jettkoral »

Which label? The record itself, written in ink?
Nicode70
Little Cream Soda

Vault 15

Post by Nicode70 »

Jettkoral wrote:Which label? The record itself, written in ink?
God no! The label on the mailer
luccamezz
Little Cream Soda

Post by luccamezz »

Just in case anybody still wondering how the LP actually looks like in terms of color, here it goes:

A Woman is more powerful than a man and this I know, and I think that you know this too.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

my lp was warped as well....i shot an email off about it and Cam asked me to simply record it and send him the video. I did so, and he's sending me a replacement. He also asked me to mail him back the warped record. Which normally i'd mind simply bc of shipping costs buuuut he even added that he'd comp me for the shipping costs as long as i send him a receipt and other info......chances are i'll get too lazy to scan the usps receipt anyways....

so all in all, this is a buyers-return process DREAM scenario. I can't imagine how many compaints they've been getting either, so for Cam to still be calm and understanding about this, i can def say TMR has some damn good staff on their hands, and are getting better with their return system. Hopefully they catch some of those who tried to take advantage.

i can only wonder why all the warped records this time around...
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
Alabama Woody
Tiny Elephant

Vault 15

Post by Alabama Woody »

Because its not 180 gram vinyl. I wish they would use it for ALL vault packages. Flimsy ass record shipped with 7" inside equals warped. They could ship the records in white sleeves and leave the artwork sleeves in the cover. No seam splits. So easy. Surely not dealing with all the problems would be worth it.
Forget what you see
And what you thought was true
It's not really me
Speaking to you

Brendan Benson

"Rock and Roll mother fuckers do you speak it?"
hawke000

"B2F1" Pug/Woody
Mick III
Little Acorn

Post by Mick III »

What "warped" mean to you ?
Think mine was good. Sound a little dirty but i knew that cause it's a direct register in live.
bkramer10
Little Ghost

Post by bkramer10 »

Those styrofoam bumpers that were shipped with the Band of Skulls LP from amazon would help with seam splits and corner dings I'd think. I'm going to start using them.

As far as the warping goes, I'm sure they are working on something with all of the complaints they've been getting. There are probably a bunch of people who didn't message them about it too. Mine was slightly warped but I didn't mention it to them. It wasn't enough to ask for a new one. 180 gram would be great. Another option I think would work is putting the 7" in a packing list envelope, and sticking that on the inside of the box so it isn't in the 12" sleeve. It would keep it from sliding around inside the box too.
GraveyardHound
Little Bird

Post by GraveyardHound »

Did anyone's Rac demo 45 come with like blackish/brownish "wisps" in it? At first I thought it was dirty, then I realized it was a part of the yellow color, didn't know if I was alone in this.
If there's anything good about me, I'm the only one who knows.