Vault #14

Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Re: vault #14

Post by Kali Durga »

gdm wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
gdm wrote:I am sure it is only a matter of time before TMR releases the video of the performance.
From your mouth to TMR's ears.
Hopefully they are listening. :lol:
Hey, since you were there, what was with the feedback during the Peahens' set?
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

Kali Durga wrote:
gdm wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:
gdm wrote:I am sure it is only a matter of time before TMR releases the video of the performance.
From your mouth to TMR's ears.
Hopefully they are listening. :lol:
Hey, since you were there, what was with the feedback during the Peahens' set?
I am not really sure. To be honest I don't remember it during the show.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

gdm wrote:
Kali Durga wrote:Hey, since you were there, what was with the feedback during the Peahens' set?
I am not really sure. To be honest I don't remember it during the show.
Ah, I was like that at Roseland-- Didn't notice the horrendous feedback during the encore until I heard it later on the webcast. Too amped up at the show to hear it then, I guess. The ladies unfortunately seemed to have suffered from a bad mix of some kind at this show.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

honestly... i watched the video to that performance and it was clearly a secondary PA being switched on and adjusted... from what i saw/heard in the video there was not a long bout of feedback going on all night but rather a specific point in the set where they were adjusting systems... i think that was the same night that Jack also did an impromptu song which took the ladies off guard and there was a deathly quiet over the place at one point also... maybe they did some adjusting for that set of conditions also

anyone else have details on this specifically... personally i know what it sounds like to turn on a mixing table when all the levels are up and the PA/equipment/speakers are already fully powered... its something akin to an elephant bursting a joyful noise
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

Where did you see the video of the TMR show?!
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

anyone else??
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

I just had the chance to listen to this front to back. The demos are pretty cool. Earlier I said after seeing both the peacocks and buzzards live that I liked the buzzards better because of the intensity and energy of the show but after listening to both live LPs, I think I like the sound of the peacocks much better. They play quite well together. I've seen the peacocks twice and enjoyed them both times but after hearing a much better quality recording of their performances I am really excited that jack is working with the peacocks for new music. Hope he still tours with the buzzards though because they put on a hell of a show, too.
JuanCarlosVejar
Little Bird

Post by JuanCarlosVejar »

guys I gifted a vault suscription to a friend of mine ... she didn't recieve the Dead Weather book ... but the LP and 7" were recieved . was the book put into random orders or was everyone supposed to recieve a copy ? should I contact TMR ?

this was an international shipment just so you kow

thanks

JC
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

JuanCarlosVejar wrote:guys I gifted a vault suscription to a friend of mine ... she didn't recieve the Dead Weather book ... but the LP and 7" were recieved . was the book put into random orders or was everyone supposed to recieve a copy ? should I contact TMR ?

this was an international shipment just so you kow

thanks

JC
Everyone should have got it I would contact tmr and they will send one out.
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

JuanCarlosVejar wrote:guys I gifted a vault suscription to a friend of mine ... she didn't recieve the Dead Weather book ... but the LP and 7" were recieved . was the book put into random orders or was everyone supposed to recieve a copy ? should I contact TMR ?
Send an e-mail to vault@thirdmanrecords.com.
JuanCarlosVejar
Little Bird

Post by JuanCarlosVejar »

Kali Durga wrote:
Send an e-mail to vault@thirdmanrecords.com.
Kali ,

I just did thank you very much

JC
mangry
Little Ghost

Post by mangry »

Hey all, is anyone else's side A off center? My needle wobbles all over the place on side a and gives it some wacky pitch issues. Anyone else have this prob? I am wondering if I should contact third man about it.
Hyperbole used for effect!
mojoryan
Little People

Post by mojoryan »

mangry wrote:Hey all, is anyone else's side A off center? My needle wobbles all over the place on side a and gives it some wacky pitch issues. Anyone else have this prob? I am wondering if I should contact third man about it.
Mine's fine.
"I might not be perfect but I'm me to the bone"~ Seasick Steve
...words to live by.
"This steepen guy grinds my gears."~stl_ben
imo, it's all a result of the modern record collectors association with commodity fetishism~dcmak5
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

mangry wrote:Hey all, is anyone else's side A off center? My needle wobbles all over the place on side a and gives it some wacky pitch issues. Anyone else have this prob? I am wondering if I should contact third man about it.
My entire Buzzards set was wobbly.
I emailed TMR and they sent out a new one.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”
chaptertwentyone
Little People

Post by chaptertwentyone »

Supposedly found under the lenticular cover...
IMG_2811.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA KILL MY BROTHER JACK
I’M GONNA STAB HIM RIGHT IN THE BACK
PUT HIM IN THIS HOLE
AND HE’LL NEVER COME BACK
‘MEMBER THAT?”