Vault #14 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

TwinkleLights
Little Cream Soda

Re: Vault #14 (Pre-Announcement Discussion)

Post by TwinkleLights »

Kali Durga wrote:Oh, I'm certainly not 'meh' about Vault #13, I'm very excited for it. Love the hell out of the 7" sleeve alone, much less what's on the vinyl. But having WS Jack is not in any way, shape, or form a replacement for solo Jack. Let me re-phrase-- I want both. One in one Vault package, the other in another one :)
+1
kayjay
Little Cream Soda

Post by kayjay »

curseofhalos wrote:I'd also like the live Feist show. But I have a feeling that will never see the light of day, or we'll only get a single. :(
+1. I also wish they would put out a recording of the Feist show. I really wanted to go to that, but couldn't make it. :(
<JackWhite>: i believe that all people male/female should only wear white socks
Moller72
Little Ghost

Post by Moller72 »

jrfhoutx wrote:
carlbelvin wrote:I was wondering when this thread would pop up. I'm not sure a live JW lo would be to commercial. Would be awesome. I live a b-shows lp or 7in would be awesome and probably a chance latter down the line. I think some peice of this one will be JW tho. The rest, I have no idea.
First I have to say that I dig your new avatar, your bent up KE LP. awesome. I felt so bad for you when I first heard about it and then saw that picture, horrible experience for a first vault package, but makes a heck of a story.

I doubt we'll see any JW stuff just yet, the tour is still going, and Blunderbuss is still being talked about and the JW mania is still on the radar. I bet it will be something else that no one is thinking about (besides #13 is their dose of JW for the fanatics, imo).

shteev wrote:
CourtneyBlush wrote:Sorry, by too commercial I meant would be very profitable for TMR seeing as Blunderbuss has topped the charts in a lot of countries. To release something like that as a Vault release would not make as much money as releasing it to a much wider audience.

Maybe a commercial release could be Blue with a black bolt as the rare edition?
those crazies at tmr have proven a few times that they dont mind missing out on extra money that could have been made...they could sell all the vault packages to the general public and make a lot more money off of those lp's and 7"s as well...
As for it being too profitable, they've already shown that that doesn't matter with #13. Live at the Gold Dollar would have sold really well as a non-vault release, enough to be profitable at least...

And yeah I think the reverse bolt (blue with a black streak) would be an awesome companion to the regular bolt, and would hope for it to be a vault release...
TMR released the Dead Weather sea of cowards live while they were still on tour.
fal333

Post by fal333 »

it should be

1. i fought pirhanas from might get loud as single with b side
2. First upolsterrers apple of my eye song because its expensive
3. jack lawrence narrating childrens stories in bass guitar tones with a official third man records play and say book.
4. rob jones 12'' interview by jack
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Those are some interesting ideas, especially that last one. I've said before that I'd pay money to listen in on a conversation between Jack and Rob.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
theeradicaleclectic
Little Ghost

Post by theeradicaleclectic »

flattop2001 wrote:I could live without any more Karen Elson live music for a while, rest sound great.
yeah... i think Dead Weather would be a natural shoe in for the next vault ... that would keep me subscribed for certain
The clock in the kitchen says 2:55..... And the clock in the kitchen is slow
classicrock985
Little Bird

Post by classicrock985 »

I'm going to post what I think should be the package #14.
Now, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I could do without anymore Karen Elson or Dead Weather, ever. Not really a fan of either.

What I do want is, and bear with me, this:

1. Liquid Filled Record, filled with mud from the Mississippi River (sealed right this time of course). Side A is Jack White, Dave Grohl, and Flea with new material, and Side B is two Muddy Waters songs (get it? Muddy Waters?) and a Howlin' Wolf cover or three.
2. 7" of Jack White and Jack Black. Side A is white, Side B is black. One song is bluegrass/punk and the other side is metal. The metal side can feature Tom Morello if needed.
3. An unreleased red/white swirl inchophone-record (3") of Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine.

or just a swirl re-release of Elephant.

WHO'S WITH ME?
maxbt
Little Bird

Post by maxbt »

classicrock985 wrote:I'm going to post what I think should be the package #14.
Now, this may be an unpopular opinion, but I could do without anymore Karen Elson or Dead Weather, ever. Not really a fan of either.

What I do want is, and bear with me, this:

1. Liquid Filled Record, filled with mud from the Mississippi River (sealed right this time of course). Side A is Jack White, Dave Grohl, and Flea with new material, and Side B is two Muddy Waters songs (get it? Muddy Waters?) and a Howlin' Wolf cover or three.
2. 7" of Jack White and Jack Black. Side A is white, Side B is black. One song is bluegrass/punk and the other side is metal. The metal side can feature Tom Morello if needed.
3. An unreleased red/white swirl inchophone-record (3") of Girl, You Have No Faith In Medicine.

or just a swirl re-release of Elephant.

WHO'S WITH ME?

Me want! now
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

HUSTLE AND CUSS
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

nickboat wrote:Image
I would assume this is for the Live at TMR 7"s they have had at the last few shows....unless you have any other info?
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

Stl_ben wrote:
I would assume this is for the Live at TMR 7"s they have had at the last few shows....unless you have any other info?
It says "From the Vault" on the sleeve though? Can't recall if any of the sleeves have been this color yet?
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

curseofhalos wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
It says "From the Vault" on the sleeve though? Can't recall if any of the sleeves have been this color yet?

I'm confused by it myself. no info on it.... could be a mock up or could be genuine.... but looks to be Blunderbuss blue.
HUSTLE AND CUSS
BluefordT
Little Ghost

Post by BluefordT »

classicrock985 wrote: The metal side can feature Tom Morello if needed
WHOA,SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!!

When did Tom Morello become metal??????????????
"No saddly I didn't have enough money from flipping to pay for the car..."
StLBen:Stiben(Elitist Hipster Tool Person)
Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

Post by Stl_ben »

curseofhalos wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
True....Didn't catch that on my phone...
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
nickboat
Little Ghost

Post by nickboat »

Stl_ben wrote:
curseofhalos wrote:
Stl_ben wrote:
True....Didn't catch that on my phone...
Blunderbuss Re-mixes or alternate takes?
HUSTLE AND CUSS