3 Years of the Vault

jrfhoutx
Flipper

Re: 3 Years of the Vault

Post by jrfhoutx »

meetmeinmontauk wrote:looking through all these, no wanda love. that show was amazing. and been a member since #1. it's ALL good. except for it mono. i'd rather have mono.....just joshin. dont hurt me.
Joined for #9, good number, great vault pack imo (though the DVD of the LP was a bit redundant imo), I just don't get the lack of love for #9... I heard about the vault when it was first announced and was really excited for it, and I wish I could've afforded to join at #1 but I was pretty broke for quite a few years before and after #1, but now vinyl (and vintage audio gear) is my drug of choice, and I spend my money on that, at least with vinyl I have something physically tangible to show for it other than 15+ years of spotty, hazy, and missing memories and a criminal record...
"They were a garage band on Sympathy?! Who knew?" -- EVM
ISO/FS/FT
FLANAGAN, YARRGH!!!
Douchebag Thief
hxcoliver
Little Acorn

Post by hxcoliver »

hxcoliver on the vault as well

signed up for #4 and haven't stopped since. when the vault first started and all the TMR stuff, i was not following what they were doing much so i missed out on signing up, but 4 just grabbed my attention enough to sign up. luckily i found #2 for super cheap once and just recently got Icky Thump MONO. so now my vault collection is complete. i've never won any early entry or contest or anything. but i did get the karen peach. i wish they would more stuff like that. wonder what the hell happened to the vault store that had been mentioned. i also wish they would put more videos of stuff, they are slacking big time on that. i'm happy with the vinyl though.
i'm damn glad the singles comps are done though. they're ok i guess, but i always thought they should never have been a vault package. they should have been a general release at the end of the year through the online store, not a vault package. same with wanda, that was a pretty cool album, but not necessary for a vault release. i hope we get more packages like 13, what the vault SHOULD be, and less live at TMR albums. they're cool, don't get me wrong, but lately we've gotten too many in a row.
i don't think i will ever cancel my subscription regardless of what the package is.

but we do need more online content, definitely vault only sales. they need to work on that for sure
grumblestiltskin
Little Ghost

Post by grumblestiltskin »

Kaber wrote: Hoping for some jack white releases. also for future tours they introduce live lp pressings
which can be paid for at the gig.
Who doesn't want that?
Patient B1003
TheButcher
Little Bird

Post by TheButcher »

First post! Joined the vault at #7 good and the bad since then. Even Wanda, BillB on the other forum. More active over here.
wolfeisjack
Little Bird

Post by wolfeisjack »

Ive been a member since #8

I haven't won any giveaways or early entries to shows.

I was one of the ten people to get vault tickets to the Chattanooga show, if that counts for anything.

The Vault is great!
shaneoftheroad
Little People

Post by shaneoftheroad »

I joined up for #6. I tracked down the pieces of every previous Vault, have had a complete set once or twice. I eventually traded off the stuff I never spun and held onto every White Stripes piece.

My Vault name is my actual name (shanedevon). No early entries, never a contest winner. BUT through Vault presale for Jack White May 15th at the Ryman I got my first ever folding chair seats at the Mother Church. I'll never forget that. Not only folding chair seats but folding chair seats for my favorite artist.

I feel I've gotten more than my money's worth out of this whole thing, may it live on forever.
dreamover
Little Acorn

Post by dreamover »

been a vault member since #1. Kept every piece. Was able to get presale tickets to dead weather in st. louis, karen elson peach vinyl, and found out about the secret dead weather chicago show early, so i was up in front.
<Jack White> alright i'm out to feed my cats
=====================================
http://bit.ly/dreamovertl <--- my vinyl list
http://www.dreamoverrecords.com
skullfeast
Little Bird

Post by skullfeast »

Proud to be a Vault member since day 1, been on a couple of chats when Jack was online...I use the username Skullfeast (selected during a particularly horror punk time in my 20s)...I have no complaints. I love buying records and have done so since I was a kid. The Vault was kismet for me, I love a good record club, and have rec'd so much great stuff! The Third man tshirt (1st pkg) and the WS baseball shirt are my favorite shirts, and I can't say enough good things about Icky Thump mono, WS tri-color, the Dead Weather package, and a lot more items that escape my brain. I hope the Vault keeps going, I love being a part of it!

*oh, yes I have kept every item. I buy, but I do not sell. And I got early entry to 1 show...
gdm
Little Acorn

Post by gdm »

I have been a Vault member since #2. I only missed the cutoff for #1 buy a week. I had purchased the vinyl off eBay from #1 before #3 was announced. ( my collection addition had taken hold ). My ID is scottmac over there. Although I haven't been very active on the chat I love all the content. As long as there is a vault I will be a member. I was lucky enough to recive a De Stijl split when I ordered all the reissues on the first day they were for sale. I was selected to go to the 3rd anniversary party so that was beyond incredible. I also have been lucky to meet and hang out with a few other vaulters and have really enjoyed that. I have loved all the packages for one reason or another and have no complaints. LONG LIVE THE VAULT!!
melikecheese
Little Bird

Post by melikecheese »

The good: Just about everything, very cool WS lps. A fair price for once too!

The Bad: I missed signing up for #1 by 1 day cause I just tend to wait until the last minute for things. Won't ever get over that, won't pay eBay prices for any WS item (never have, never will!). The vault site drives me nuts, it can't seem to remember my password or username and half the time asks for an email, the other half a username.

The want: I'd love a SACD of some WS tunes or maybe a live album.

I'd also like to see something done about the shipping then all shrunk wrapped and causing all my inner sleeves to be ripped up. Plus just about ever LP has big corner dings....
PugFaceRex
Little Ghost

Post by PugFaceRex »

the best part of the vault has been meeting new friends.
<BluefordT> jey pals i am,we is,fuckeres rerred up
<BluefordT> jhdb
-------------------------------------------------------
<Quizze> i didnt like pug asking jack if he would eat himself as a hot dog.... off color
dmdv1
Little Ghost

Post by dmdv1 »

PugFaceRex wrote:the best part of the vault has been meeting new friends.
who the HELL are you???
Never trust a hippy
HappyDad
Little Ghost

Post by HappyDad »

Quite blurry, but this is three years of Vault LPs :mrgreen:
The french White Stripes | Third Mand Records | Raconteurs | Dead Weather board : Join the French Fun
--> JUST HERE
love_islander
Little People

Post by love_islander »

HappyDad wrote:Image

cool. It's still a shame that TMR have stopped the yearly compilation. I liked the artwork for it all
Hamptonio
Little Ghost

Post by Hamptonio »

love_islander wrote:
HappyDad wrote:Image

cool. It's still a shame that TMR have stopped the yearly compilation. I liked the artwork for it all
they ran out of colors for the border.
<JackWhite> Hamptonio: yes, and tell the lovely wife that i really love the pot pie recipe. i can't get enough LOL! anyway, let me know when you get that package of test pressings i sent you.