3 Years of the Vault

Stl_ben
Tiny Elephant

3 Years of the Vault

Post by Stl_ben »

So it's almost the 3rd anniversary of the vault and thought this would be a great time if anyone had any thoughts memories so far to put them in this nice little thread.
If you could state at the begining of your post when you joined the vault (package #) and if your screen name is any different there.

My quick Vault thanks:

Benyoung on the vault since #1
I was lucky enough to win the Vault contest for the Dead Weather live at TMR and got to be a +1 to the 3rd anniversary show both were some of the best concerts I have been to. I also got early entry into the STL Dead Weather show. Not to mention first crack at several other shows..... THANK YOU VAULT.
For the last 2 years I have had a job where I work on a computer all day and I have got to chat with a lot of great people in the vault chat, thanks for helping me pass the day...
Last edited by Stl_ben on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<Quizze> @STL_Ben youre a soulless consumer
http://www.dailyvinyl.net
curseofhalos

Re: 3 Years of the Vault

Post by curseofhalos »

I like this idea!

I joined on package #1, but had to leave and missed packages 2-4 (I've since gotten 3, but still need 2 and 4). I actually left due to me being harassed for trying to sell a record! I got over it though. I have been very lucky to have won Jack's clothes from the "Treat me like your mother" video, won a place at the Third anniversary party, and won early entry to a Jack show. I think the Vault is the greatest thing to happen to music since the invention of the phonograph. It's a fantastic way to bring together fans and music lovers, to meet new people, and to connect the fan directly to the artist in a way that's never been done. I really wish more artists would do something like it.

So thanks to the Vault for 3 great years and lots of fantastic memories. :)

Cheers!
curseofhalos

Post by curseofhalos »

curseofhalos wrote:I like this idea!

Nimativ096 joined on package #1, but had to leave and missed packages 2-4 (I've since gotten 3, but still need 2 and 4). I actually left due to me being harassed for trying to sell a record! I got over it though. I have been very lucky to have won Jack's clothes from the "Treat me like your mother" video, won a place at the Third anniversary party, and won early entry to a Jack show. I think the Vault is the greatest thing to happen to music since the invention of the phonograph. It's a fantastic way to bring together fans and music lovers, to meet new people, and to connect the fan directly to the artist in a way that's never been done. I really wish more artists would do something like it.

So thanks to the Vault for 3 great years and lots of fantastic memories. :)

Cheers!
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

arewhyehen #4

Haven't won anything or had early entry to any shows.
rsimms3
Tiny Elephant

Post by rsimms3 »

I joined shortly after the announcement came out and have been with it the whole time.

The good:
1. The vinyl
2. The rare video footage
3. The contests (I've won early entry three times)
4. The special offers including presale tickets

The bad:
1. Lack of or late information (i.e. - Stereogum breaks a story before the Vault or TMR)
2. Lack of follow through on promises (Dex concert was never streamed as PPV or any other shows)
3. Drop off of interviews and Modcasts
4. Drop off of TMR specific tweets for when an artist is in the chat room (it used to be TMR either tweeted specifcally or retweeted, now you have to follow all Modlife tweets to see when TMR folks are in the chat room and I don't do this to preserve my sanity)

The ugly:
1. Server issues (Karen Peach record which was more of a TMR site issue than Modlife, lack of ability to have all chatters in 1 room for large chats, Modcasts that freeze or break up)

Overall I love the Vault. My priority for being in it is not really the digital content. I don't spend time in the Vault chat because of limitations at work.
"The chairs are too nice, the chandeliers are too beautiful, and the popcorn is too buttery." - Jack White
"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?" - Louis Bloom
dylnfan
Little Ghost

Post by dylnfan »

Been a sub since #1. In fact, I was in Nashville for the holiday that weekend and had just been at TMR for the first time shortly before the announcment (can't remember if it was a Friday or Saturday, although I think they may have only been open on Friday back then). Anyway, signed up as soon as I saw the notice. Only regret is that I didn't sign up for two subs until #2! LOL! Would like to see more Vault exclusive sales, but overall I've been extremely pleased.
"I haven't told him, but I'm adding him to my movement to bring nice back. Because nice is the coolest, most punk thing ever."

- Cmelo
Kali Durga
Tiny Elephant

Post by Kali Durga »

Basically, I agree with pretty much all of rsimms' Good/Bad/Ugly list. I was late to the party 'cause I didn't catch on to the genius of what Jack does till after the Vault had begun, so I didn't join until in between packages 4 & 5-- Had to join for #5 because I was the plus-one of a fellow Vault member who won the lottery for the Sea of Cowards show at TMR, so I had to have that package. Was also the beneficiary of early entry a couple of times (once when I won, and once again as a plus-one). And, man, do I ever love those Vault ticket pre-sales, I've yet to strike out on those. And while the content of the merch packages may be hit or miss, that whole aspect of it is still darned fun.

curseofhalos wrote:It's a fantastic way to bring together fans and music lovers, to meet new people, and to connect the fan directly to the artist in a way that's never been done.
While the Vault has yet to make me feel directly connected to Jack (dogpile in the chatroom, anyone?), I'm very grateful for the connections I've made with fellow fans. Some of those connections are developing into good friendships, and I look forward to more.
"And the message is clear: if we want Jack White as our hero, he will entertain, but not pander. We have to accept all his flaws, whims, caprices and manias as a critical, sometimes uncomfortable, part of the contract."
ellisintransit
Little Cream Soda

Post by ellisintransit »

Love this. I'm a vaulter since package 1. ellisintransit on the vault just as here, although I don't frequent the chat rooms. Most of my news comes from the Swirl. I remember seeing a thread either here or at the LR called "What is the Vault?" after thirdmanrecords.com went live and there was plenty of speculation but nobody really seemed to know. And then they dropped all this awesomeness on us. I won entry to the Sea of Cowards Myspace show at Third Man, got to meet Jack and get an autograph when Blue Blood Blues was released, and entry to the Blunderbuss listening party all because of the Vault. Since the Sea of Cowards show, everything else has been gravy. And talking about ticket presales for Vault members.....all good. Besides the 3rd Anniversary show, I haven't missed a show that Jack has played in the Blue Room. They have yet to release a Vault package I didn't like. Even when The White Stripes were still around, I was always more of a Jack White fan, so I love pretty much anything he touches. Born and raised outside of Nashville, so Jack moving to my hometown has been a flipping dream come true. Cheers everybody!
helloabsalom
Little Bird

Post by helloabsalom »

Wow, I'm a latecomer to the Vault.

I'm helloabsalom on the Vault. I joined for Vault #7.

I haven't actually won anything personally, but being the girlfriend of a lucky bastard (Nimativ096/curseofhalos), I can say that I've been to the Third Anniversary Party and got early access to the first Ryman show.

It's been really nice getting to meet some of you! Connecting with other fans is always the best part of these communities. :)
helloabsalom = The Official White Swirl Thread Killer
arewhyehen
Little Bird Flipper

Post by arewhyehen »

helloabsalom wrote:Wow, I'm a latecomer to the Vault.

I'm helloabsalom on the Vault. I joined for Vault #7.

I haven't actually won anything personally, but being the girlfriend of a lucky bastard (Nimativ096/curseofhalos), I can say that I've been to the Third Anniversary Party and got early access to the first Ryman show.

It's been really nice getting to meet some of you! Connecting with other fans is always the best part of these communities. :)
You're the girlfriend of Nimativ096 AND curseofhalos???

Do they know? :lol: :arrow:
knoxvle
Little Acorn

Post by knoxvle »

I started with Vault #8

It's been great so far, the package contents have been great!
The last vault #11 that I got was a great value! I mean 3 lp's a 7" and a shirt for $60!!

The not so spectacular one was the Wanda jackson but because it was a B&B it made it "ok"

Can't wait to see what the future holds.
I wouldn't mind getting some autographed stuff, I mean how many vault members are there?
orangeshoeskid
Little Ghost

Post by orangeshoeskid »

Been signed up since #1 and my wife as well. Had both subscriptions until a couple packages ago when we decided we should spend the extra $20 a month on other stuff. We've been lucky enough to go to the Sea of Cowards show at TMR (like everyone else in this thread) and a few other signings/stuff that were for Vault members only. So far we are 1 of 1 on early entry at shows as well. I agree with all the pros and cons of the modlife page, although I hardly ever visit it anymore.
The only package I've been not been terribly excited about so far is the Wanda package. I still don't think I've opened it yet actually. Oh, and those postcards too...
“We’re more about having fun. I don’t really care about lyrics, honestly. Its rock n’ roll, ya’ know.” - JEFF the Brotherhood
Facebook / FT/ISO / ExpressoBeans Collection / Google+
flattop2001
Little Ghost

Post by flattop2001 »

Joined #1 flattop2001. Never been in a vault chat or whatever it's called.

Got early entrance to a TDW show, got a K.E. peach from the sale.

To me the Vault as $60 for a record pack which is well worth it IMO, disappointed with the lack of on line content, promised live broadcast and PPV never happened as somebody said earlier, and the speed of getting info through the vault is abysmal.
Don't believe the 60's was the golden age of pop. You glorify the past when the future dries up.
Kaber
Little People

Post by Kaber »

Joined for the tws stuff - which has been
pretty good.

UGWNL related release was a disappointment in sound quality.

2007 live release excellent.

Tws 7s also very good.

Also impressed with the t shirts and dead weather live lp.

Early entry a good idea - would be nice to get an
email either way.

Hoping for some jack white releases. also for future tours they introduce live lp pressings
which can be paid for at the gig.
pj101ca
Little Acorn

Post by pj101ca »

Vault since day 1
White Swirl since day 6