The Vault

JohnC
Little Ghost

Re: The Vault

Post by JohnC »

Ok , I have set up an account and payed via paypal , but it aint asked for tshirt size info etc .
http://hhhancock.tumblr.com

ISO :
Action Bronson - LP's , 7"s etc !
Supercute/Dum Dum Girls - Rookie Tunes Flexi.
Tina Trachtenburg "Rachel" doll
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

perhaps someone who also paid by paypal can help
I used a credit card and everything was clear and complete
Please check my TMR pin/button ISO viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11426
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

Kaber wrote:Anyone worked out yet how to see a memberslist?
that would be interesting
I assume the majority of people has been subscribed by now
If we find the list of members we know the number of items pressed
:starting to looking for that:
Last edited by trickster on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

JohnC wrote:Ok , I have set up an account and payed via paypal , but it aint asked for tshirt size info etc .

It should of taken you back to TMR to choose your t-shirt size. I would e-mail TMR at sales@thirdmanrecords.com to try and resolve it.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Wow I just got caught up on all te complaining on the Littleroom about the vault and membership fees. Seems like a pretty fair shake to me but I guess I can see where the people who are struggling financially right now think it is overpriced. Just like the first page says thought you can never please everyone. I think they are honestly doing their best to offer fans around the world exclusive vinyl and still doing some cool instore only stuff. I think if they did every tricolor release in batches of 500 you would see the flippers shy away from the tricolor records.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

kevron6 wrote:Wow I just got caught up on all te complaining on the Littleroom about the vault and membership fees. Seems like a pretty fair shake to me but I guess I can see where the people who are struggling financially right now think it is overpriced. Just like the first page says thought you can never please everyone. I think they are honestly doing their best to offer fans around the world exclusive vinyl and still doing some cool instore only stuff. I think if they did every tricolor release in batches of 500 you would see the flippers shy away from the tricolor records.
I agree, when you break it down per month, chances are, people spend more than 20 a month on nonsensical paraphernalia. Some of which doesn't have any longevity. All the people getting angry at jack and/or whoever is in charge of the whole sub thing, are getting overwhelming over at the LR. Nice to have this forum. It's like a home away from home thing.

the fan and collector parts of me are still really excited by this club. The collector part, however, is trying to add up just exactly how many people will sign up for this because if you ask me; roughly almost 3 weeks time is more than enough time for people to sign up or at least find out about it with enough time to sign up. All i know is, part of the feeling (mind you i said PART) of being a collector cringes just a smitch when i think of their being thousands of people signing up for the club. Because at that rate, the items will sure as hell be available on ebay or something. I remember jack mentioning that the "Hang you" 7" sold more than 6000 copies i think it was.

...i just thought of something....someone should make an EB adaptation of this website. instead of prints and such, we'd do all things WS/TDW/RAC/...hell just include all of detroit and vinyl and such. it'd be sooo cool.
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I think it'd be really neat for TMR to through in a poster or other random merch item in with the sub every once in a while.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

here is something I posted on the Littleroom they fucking kill me how they overanalyze shit over there. It is not going to change your life either way just buy it or don't buy it. I could care fucking less how much the Who or U2 fanclub is or whatever else they want to compare it to. It is about as important as deciding whether to supersize your meal at a fast food chain

Both sides have valid points, you cannot please everyone and at th end of thr day you just need to figure out if it is worth the quarterly fee to have access to the vault and the merchandise they are offeing. Pretty simple decision actually, of course on the littleroom nothing is ever that simple though is it? You can debate it, compare it to other things and at the end of the day it still comes down to a simple financial decision.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

I posted something at the LR regarding the situation but didnt follow the progress of the conversation the past 12 hours

I am totally satisfied with the exclusive items we are getting from the club
but keep in mind that we will spend more money on the regular TMR releases
which may end up being too much (plus posters plus trying to get some tri-color plus some exclusive TDW tour item plus represses)

I know I am gonna pay for them and try to find some of the plus items in reasonable prices but
for many people collecting for pleasure may end up a nightmare

and to be frank I understand their concerns and complaints
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

I get the fact that some are no thrilled about the setup, but a the sametime please do not post 50 different times about what you think they should do or how TMR has it all wrong. Hell the store is less than a year old and they just opened in April. The Littleroom wears me out at times with the bitching and complaining. I realize that is the nature of Internet message boards but it still gets old.
Kaber
Little People

n/a

Post by Kaber »

n/a
Last edited by Kaber on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trickster
Greek Mod

Post by trickster »

you are right
I just read the last 3 pages I was behind and I think that the bitching will not stop
There are so many people signed up in the LR that I assure you that in the future there will be so much bitching about this
than they will have to rename it from The Little Room to The Bitching Room
Just go back and count the issues that caused massive complaint comments since TMR has opened

and I admit I like bitching
candycaneboy03
Little Ghost

Post by candycaneboy03 »

trickster wrote:you are right
haha...at 430 in the morning...reading that gave me giggles. the funniest, wittiest thing i've heard since the lack of sleep kicked in...
like i said...the white swirl -----> home away from home..

Anyone have any idea what "the Decca ...." is a reference to? trying to figure out whether it'll be jack's own music release or something from another band. any thoughts on that?
"Love, Peace And Hair Grease"
ms8shaw
Little Cream Soda

Post by ms8shaw »

trickster wrote:you are right
I just read the last 3 pages I was behind and I think that the bitching will not stop
There are so many people signed up in the LR that I assure you that in the future there will be so much bitching about this
Just go back and count the issues that caused massive complaint comments since TMR has opened

and I admit I like bitching
Yeah I went through the thread this morning after not touching it since I signed up on the 4th and I can't believe how unsatisfied everyone is. People, myself included, were upset about the Nashville exclusive stuff, so now he does this to try and include everyone (not to mention the random drops in the mail of the tri-colors). Obviously the man listens to his fans and does try to make everyone happy.

Sorry but, shut the fuck up and pay it and enjoy it or don't and stop your fucking bitching.

I love the little room but I hate how fucking nit-picking everyone on there is. You go to a thread about something like this and everyone's a critic, or they pick out what crap a show was because of one reason or another. Fuck! If the bands bother you that much and you feel Jack bleeds you dry then the answer is simple-don't pay for any of it and stop worrying about it. Easy fix.

If you want to worry about it then shut the fuck up and decide what you are gonna do.

rant over, sorry.
The White Stripes
4 Shows
Raconteurs
7 Shows
Dead Weather
8 Shows