The Vault

higherlimits
Little People

Re: The Vault

Post by higherlimits »

No, that's not it. But it says right on there that if you're not happy, just sell the shit on ebay and you'll get more than your money back. And also that if you don't have a chance to get a tri-color now there is something equally as cool that you could trade to your friend in Chicago for a Rob Jones poster. But I don't think that'll end up being the case.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

So what would you propose Ian? What is the solution random drops?
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

a limited sub?

I just don't get all the limited talk when it doesn't seem like the Platinum membership is limited.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

higherlimits wrote:a limited sub?

I just don't get all the limited talk when it doesn't seem like the Platinum membership is limited.
And what if you weren't one of the ones that got in one the Platinum membership before it was sold out?
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

You should move to Nashville and stop all this nonsense. With the state of the U.S. economy crooked accountants are in high demand. I could talk to some people at G.E. for you our stock could go through the roof with someone like you cooking the books.
I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis.
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

I think having an open subscription period for a set amount of time is the best way to do this. Not to mention, it makes business sense for TMR so that they are selling more subscriptions. If you are collecting stuff on the premise of "limitedness", there are plenty of other alternatives other than TMR products. And if you don't think you will be happy with the shit you will be getting, don't buy it in the first place.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Thanks Kevin but I've got a job :)
I think having an open subscription period for a set amount of time is the best way to do this. Not to mention, it makes business sense for TMR so that they are selling more subscriptions. If you are collecting stuff on the premise of "limitedness", there are plenty of other alternatives other than TMR products. And if you don't think you will be happy with the shit you will be getting, don't buy it in the first place.
An open subscription is the best for TMR, it gives them the most visibility, the most revenue and the least amount of work per dollar of profits.

I'm not collecting stuff based on limitedness, but there is a reason people collect old, rare, limited, highly valuable things. It's not because just anyone can have them. And I am happy with what I'll be getting, but to compare it to tri-colors is a bit absurd I think (at this point at least, we'll see what comes along)
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

3quid wrote:

And what if you weren't one of the ones that got in one the Platinum membership before it was sold out?
I'd whine and complain, that's what I do best! I'm the youngest of four :)
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Great so this is what I have too look forward to with my fourth son?
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Fourth kid is the best one, The Smartest, best looking one too!
3quid
Little Acorn

Post by 3quid »

kevron6 wrote:Great so this is what I have too look forward to with my fourth son?
You can't stop at four. You need to keeping going until you get your 7th son.
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

Just saw that the Platinum membership is time limited to July 21st... I guess it is a limited edition. When I first got the e-mail I glossed over everything and just signed up because I had just gotten out of a 5 hour test that ended up taking 8 hours due to technical problems...

I take back what I said now though :)

well, except about the fourth kid being the best, smartest and best looking.
kevron6
Gonzo Journalist

Post by kevron6 »

Statisitics say that the youngest will be the smartest but most deviant and lazy. They also have the best chance of landing in prison. Do not forget that course you had in school about ethics. With you being the best looking they would have a time with you in prison.
7th_son
Fate Accelerator

Post by 7th_son »

I think this is an epic win for long-time supporters of Jack. This is the answer we've been asking for. I like the openness of it. I think it might serve to keep away the folks who are just trying to make a quick buck off of it. When something is released in a specific quantity, it lures in the wrong crowd. Just an opinion. Take a lesson from Dan McCarthy, appease your true fans today. It'll all still be super rare in a few years if that's what you want. I love that we'll be getting a constant supply of cool shit from TMR. You know it's gonna be great shit too. Not as great as kevin's shit stories, but great shit!
higherlimits
Little People

Post by higherlimits »

kevron6 wrote:Statisitics say that the youngest will be the smartest but most deviant and lazy. They also have the best chance of landing in prison. Do not forget that course you had in school about ethics. With you being the best looking they would have a time with you in prison.
You know, that's all mostly true with me.. not the prison part, but the smartest and laziest... luckly I can be lazy and still do amazing on tests :)

As for prison, I consider myself pretty ethical...